Status: Updates will be fast!!!

Manage Me, I'm a mess

o n e

“Alex!” I yelled. “ALEX!” he scratched his head and looked around. “Look back, dipshit!” I screamed again, earning disapproving looks from people around. He finally looked back, saw me and smiled. I ran over to him, throwing my arms around him. He quickly hugged me back.

“I missed you, S!” he said.

“Me too! It was a very long month...” he laughed. I pulled back to look at him. Alex Gaskarth, my dorky best friend since pre-k. He looked like a completely different person. Yes, it had only been a month but he’d gotten buffer, guess those hours in the gym had paid off. And he’d gotten light streaks in his dark brown hair. “Whoa, somebody grew up.” I teased, poking him in the chest.

“Me? Look at you! You’re gorgeous!” he said. I smiled and twirled. I knew I’d changed a lot since school ended. My once short mousy blonde hair was now spilling over my shoulders and voluminous, thanks to some much-needed extensions. My face had cleared up of all the acne and I’d grown boobs, a butt, and some curves.

“Thank you, thank you,” I said, striking a pose and laughing.

“You have an ass,” he commented. I smacked his arm and laughed.

“When’s Nat meeting us?” Nat was my other best friend. We haven’t been friends half as long as Alex and I have, but we were close.

“Um…soon. Actually, we need to talk about Nat. That’s why she’s meeting us later.” he said, in a serious tone. I could feel my forehead crinkling.

“What?” He led me to a random table in the food court.

“So, you know how you and I have been best friends forever?” I nodded. “We’ll, nothing is going to change that. Ever. Were always going to be best friends.”

“Alex, what is it? You’re scaring me.” I said.

“Natalie’s parents and my parents are arranging mine and Natalie’s marriage. Were getting married.” I stared. And stared. And stared.

“Serena? You okay?” Then I started to laugh.

“You’re joking, right? I mean…married?!” I giggled again. Alex’s face remained serious. My smile dropped and was replaced by heavy breathing. Soon, I was hyperventilating with my hand over my heart.

“Serena?! Serena, what the hell?”

“I’m…okay. Okay. I…am…okay.” I said. Alex smiled and mussed my hair.

“Always the drama queen…” he muttered.

“What do you mean you’re getting married? When?”

“A couple years from now. My parents don’t think I’ll find a girl, being on tour all the time. They said I can wait until the band has died down a bit. It’s far off, but we are engaged,” Alex is the lead singer in a band called All Time Low. There were so many questions I needed to ask. But there was one thing I needed to clear first.

“Can I be your best man?” I blurted out. Alex laughed.

“I think the rules state that the best man has to be a guy. Besides, won’t you be Nat’s maid of honor?” he asked.

“I love Nat, but I love you more and I’ve known you longer. I have to be your best man. Screw the rules.”

“Yes, Serena, you can be my best man…girl…whatever.” He waved his hand in the air for emphasis. I smiled happily but not a second later, it faltered.

“I’m going to be a third wheel, aren’t I?” I realized. Alex’s eyes widened.

“What did I tell you before this? Nothing is going to change. You will not be a third wheel. Okay?” I nodded, not believing it one bit.

“Serena, baby!” said a familiar voice. I looked back to see Nat.

One thing you should know about Natalie, she is gorgeous. She has longblonde hair and she’s very petite. Her eyes are dark blue, and just as piercing as Alex’s, and her legs, which were usually revealed because of the short skirts she wears, were miles long. Every guy in our school lusted after her, and she used it to her advantage.

“Tallie!” I squealed. That was my other nickname for her. I ran and threw my arms around her.

“Oh, sweetie, you look…good,” she said, almost reassuringly. I thanked her and she turned to Alex. “Did you tell her?” she muttered.

“Yeah, I…I already know.” I forced a smile onto my face as I answered for Alex. “And…and it’s great!” I said. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Alex looking at me with a knowing expression, he knew I was lying.

“Oh, isn’t it?” Tallied squealed, hugging me again. We all sat down at the table then. Alex kept staring at me, with a strange expression. I glanced at him and teasingly waved a hand in front of him to take him out of his trance.

“So, when did you guys find out?” I asked.

“About a month ago! It’s awesome! I am beyond excited!” she screeched. “I mean, we are going to have beautiful children!” she gave me one of her winning smiles. I just gave her a weird look.

`“Gee, awkward,” Alex muttered. I laughed and Nat’s smile fell a little bit.

“Oh! So, baby, my mom wants you and the ‘rents over for dinner tonight!” she said. Alex gave me an ‘I have no idea’ look.
“Uh…yeah, okay. I’ll tell them.” He said.

“We’ll I have to run. I’ll see you guys later.” She reached over and gave me a hug. “It was great seeing you, babe!” she said, and walked away.

As soon as she was out of earshot, I pointed at myself and said, “Third wheel.” Alex rolled his eyes.

“Look. I have no idea where that came from. We haven’t really hung out this summer, so it was totally new.”

“You haven’t hung out? Why?” I asked, taking a sip of Alex’s drink.

“Because…you're not here. We're not really friends, S. It’s just you.” I cocked my head to the side.

“No…nu-uh. You guys are friends too,” Alex just shrugged. I leaned back on my chair. “Huh.” I said.

“So what was with that baby thing?”I asked, teasingly. I hoped he couldn't hear the stress in my voice. Alex huffed.

“I have no clue. It was so weird.” He said. I giggled. He looked down to read a text message, then glanced up at me with a panicked expression.

“Um. I got a text. From Nat.” he said.

“Well what does it say?” I said slowly, as if he were a child.

“She asked me out.” My jaw dropped. No. No fucking way.

“Oh my god.” I said.

“I know. What do I say?!” he whispered. I leaned in.

“Alex, you don’t have to whisper. She’s not here.” I mock whispered.

“Oh right,” he said, his voice returning to normal.

“So, you guys are getting married. Say yes. You’ll…get to know each other.”

“But, S, I don’t want to!” he whined. I gave him a stern look.

“Just try. You may end up…falling in love with her.” I said, realizing how hard the words were for me to say, and then wondering why.

Suddenly, Alex turned his gaze on me. His brow was furrowed; he looked like he was concentrating on something. I looked around, self consciously.

“What?” I asked.

“Nothing. You think I should say yes?” he asked.

“Yeah…I do.” I said, mostly trying to convince myself. He stared at me for another second, and turned to his phone. “Hey, call the guys! I want to see them,” I said. Jack, Rian, and Zack were in the band. Rian and Zack were great friends, but I was always closer to Jack.

“Will do,” He said and began dialing.

Ten minutes later, I saw Jack, Rian and Zack heading over to us.

“Serenabear! I missed you!” Jack said, running up and hugging me close.

“I missed you too, Jackers!" I said, hugging him back. I hugged Rian and Zack too.

"How was your aunt's place?" he asked.

"Um…boring. Except the shopping! The shopping was fantastic!" I said, recalling the bags and bags of clothing I'd bought.

"I'll keep that in mind..." he said. "So, what do you guys want to do?"

"Let's go shopping!" I said, clapping my hands together. All of them widened their eyes and started to refuse and protest. I put on my pouty face.

"C'mon guys! I need a pair of jeans that make my new butt look good!" I cocked my head to the side.

"Shopping it is!" Zack stated. I smiled. I started walking away from the food court, Alex flinging an arm around my shoulders, the rest of the guys beside us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yaayy, new story!

I have a character page, check it out!

xoxocommentxoxo