Falling on Dead Ears

Thems Fightin' Words.

Dead silence echoed out of the phone.

“Do what?” Travis growled. Everyone watched him concerned. His amused face had gone to pure hatred and murderous anger in nothing flat. “This isn’t a funny. Don’t joke with me Block.” He hissed. Andy smiled and pointed as Travis let go of his jersey, not caring if everyone saw the hickey.

“I’m not joking.” Ken stated. Travis growled and tightened his grip on his phone. “Hello?” Ken asked getting a sudden dial tone.

Travis eyed the broken phone in his hand and took in deep breaths. Everyone watched as he dropped the broken object to the ground.

“Trav, I think you need to go ride and cool off…” Godfrey stated simply. Travis didn’t even look up from the ground nor flinch.

“I’m going to fucking kill her.” He whispered.

The roar of Ken’s car cut through the dead silence minutes later. Travis rushed to the car as Ken leaned over unbuckling a shaking Ellie.

“I didn’t mean to scare you.” He stated. She simply waved a hand and licked her lips nervously.

Travis knocked on the hood of the car the second he got close enough.

“Shit.” Ken was out of the car in a second rushing around it. “Calm down. Calm down.” Travis took in deep breaths and waved his hand, trying to show he wasn’t angry. “She’s really shaken’ you being angry isn’t going to help.” Ken whispered.

Travis stepped back and ran his hands over his mouth, pacing.

“Did she really?” Was all Travis could get out as Ken turned back to the car helping Ellie out.

“You tell me…” Travis stopped and looked up.

Ellie stood awkwardly behind Ken, one of her small hands held lightly to his safety suit while she focused on the ground.

Her lip was split open on the left side, dry blood was under her nose and a large bruise was forming on the left side of her face.

“I’m going to kill her.” Travis whispered. Ken lifted his hands. “Don’t tell me not too!” He barked pointing at the man.

“I wasn’t going to. I was going to say calm down. You’re going to scare her more.” Ken shot back. Travis took deep breaths and stepped forward, before back.

“Watch her…” Travis hissed. Ken nodded slowly and watched as Travis stormed off to his bike and got on. No goggles, no helmet, no gloves, just his anger to get him through the run.

“What the hell happened?” Special voiced as Ken moved his arm around Ellie’s small frail shoulders.

“Oh my god…” Jolene rushed to the two and took hold of Ellie gently. “What happened sweetheart?” She whispered. “Shit she’s shaking….get Travis. Mad or not she needs him!” Andy nodded and grabbed the bullhorn, running out to the course and towards Travis’s angry riding. “What happened?”

&&&&&

All I could do was shrug. I honestly didn’t know what happened. One second I was watching the black SUV pull into the driveway, and then the next Liz was walking over and before I knew it her fist had collided with my face.

Licking my lips I tightened my grip on Ken’s suit and stepped back at the sudden movement behind Jolene’s head.

I moved back farther as dust went flying everywhere. My chest tightened and it became hard to breathe as I watched the heavy shadowed movement in the dust. Stepping behind Ken I hid my face in his shoulder.

I didn’t want to get hit again. I didn’t want anyone mad at me.

The soft hand on my shoulder cause my skin to crawl and a gasp to leave my lips. Slowly looking up Travis smiled down at me weakly. Gently he pulled me into a hug. I didn’t know what to do, I just hugged back. This wasn’t his fault but his tense muscles scared me. Was he mad at me too?

Sniffling I glanced up at him.

Are you okay?’ Shrugging I licked my lips nervously. ‘You’re safe okay? I won’t make you go back there. We’ll get a hotel room and you won’t have to see her again. I promise. I’ll get your things.’ Nodding I hugged him tighter.

One month. We’d only been together one month and I was moving in with him, getting beaten by his ex girlfriend, and wishing his father didn’t hate me.

Leading me to the tent he sat me down in one of the small fold out chairs. Smiling up at him he smiled back weakly. His tall lanky form dipped down, so he was kneeling in front of me, and he gently rubbed my shoulders soothingly.

What happened?’ He asked gently.

My mouth floundered, and my hands stuttered while coming up empty on what happened. I tried to explain it as best I could, but my hands kept stuttering.

You’re safe now, okay?’ Nodding weakly I pulled him into another hug. His shoulders relaxed as he wound his arms around my waist.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment.
I want to know what you think!
Thanks for reading. :]