Falling on Dead Ears

Disgusting.

“Uh…” She watched him look around before down at the tickets in his hand. “Um…” He tried clearly lost. Raising a brow she turned to look at Travis sipping on his coffee with a bored expression, like this happened all the time.

Shaking he head Ellie snatched the tickets from Derek’s hand and glanced down at them. Huffing she moved them out of his reach with a glare.

Travis hummed and gently tugged on the papers in her hand, earning a smack to the gut. Coughing gently he rubbed his stomach with a pout as she swatted Derek away once more.

“You just got bitch slapped.” Special teased, waving his finger in his cousin’s face when Ellie wasn’t looking.

Ellie glanced down at the tickets and huffed. Their plane was on the other side of the airport. Shaking her head she began walking.

“Where are you going?” Derek stated as Travis began following like a good little boy.

“With her.” Travis stated simply catching up to Ellie weaving in and out of throngs of people. His hand clasped hers when he got close enough. She smiled up at him and held the tickets up. Travis paused looking at the gate number. “Awesome.” He grumbled.

The group followed the couple through the large airport to their gate, all the way across the airport. Huffing the group sat down together and looked around. They still had an hour to kill.

Ellie pulled out her book and peeled the cover open as several of the guys went about throwing things at each other, Jolene and a few of her friends wandered to the stores, and as other got comfortable to nap if something didn’t hit them in the face.

“Can I help?” Ellie smile dup at Travis and nodded, holding the crossword book between the two. She was sure he was only offering to help because his iPod had died and he was too lazy to pull out his laptop.

“You guys are sick.” Erik teased the couple from across the isle. Travis leaned forward grabbing the SkyMall magazine and threw it in his direction. “Sick I say! Disgusting!” He teased knowing only Travis could hear him and it was slowly getting under his skin.

“Would you shut it Roner?” Travis hissed over his shoulder at the blonde.

“Stop what?” Erik smirked. “Andy,” he poked the man infront of him trying to suppress his laughter. “Did you head me say anything?”

“Nope not a thing.” Andy smiled. Erik pointed around the group getting no’s from all of them.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about TP.” Travis growled lightly. He was sick of getting teased over it. He really was.

The tug to his shirt collar jerked him from his slowly growing murderous rage and focused his attention back on Ellie. She kissed his cheek and pointed at the cross word.

“Sick.” Travis leaned over smacking the man before going back to the crossword, trying to ignore Ellie’s questioning gaze.

“What?” Travis smiled. She leaned forward looking across the isle at the laughing group, Erik holding his cheek before glancing back up at Travis. “He deserved.” Shaking her head she smiled gently and pointed at three down.

“Sick.” Travis went to move only to be pulled back by Ellie. “and whipped.” Jolene made a whipping sound from the seat behind Erik.

“Shut up.” Travis pouted annoyed and slightly embarrassed. “You’re just jealous.” He added.

“Of what?” Jolene asked simply. Travis sighed.

“That I’ve got a good relationship and you jerks don’t.” Tommy put his left hand in the air. “I forgot to tell you Tom P.” Travis sighed. “That was out of pity and need of stability.”

“No it wasn’t you little liar!” Tommy’s wife responded. Travis laughed at her words.

“Yeah, she loves me, right sweetie?” Tom P asked gently to his wife.

“Right…” She teased. “Of course I love you!” She added as she pouted and the group laughed.

“Better love me.” Tommy huffed.

“But everyone else besides Tommy and Marie,” Travis stated. “Don’t have stable, growing relationships. You’re jealous!” Ellie frowned at the group, she couldn’t see Travis’s mouth as he spoke, he couldn’t hear anyone talking.

Sinking back in her seat she nibbled on her lip lightly and glanced around the small area she sat in. She felt completely left out of the conversation, even more so when she looked over and saw everyone laughing.

Closing the crossword book she slipped it back into her bag and stared out the window at the dark world below her. It was beautiful. She could see mountains and rivers all aglow under the moon light.

Travis paused hearing a sign and turned looking at Ellie. His smile faded at her expression. Leaning over her placed his chin on her shoulder looking out the window as well.

“Disgusting.” Half the group teased, getting Travis’s middle finger as a response.

Leaning towards her he gently pressed his lips to her neck and smiled as she glanced down at him. She gave a weak smile as a response and looked back out the window. Groaning gently in concern he wounded his arms around her and sighed against her neck, kissing it gently once more.

He was tempted to ask what was wrong but knew he’d probably get a ‘nothing’ in response. That’s what he always got from anyone he asked. Opening his mouth he closed it and moved to get her attention again.

“Sir.” His head snapped over to the flight attendant. “Would you like something to drink?” shaking his head he waved her off. “Ma’am,” Travis waved her off again getting a frowned from the woman, but she moved on.

Sighing Travis looked back at Ellie and frowned. So much for asking her anything. She had her head against the window with her eyes closed. Resting his chin on her shoulder again he took in her sent.

Ellie glanced down at him and closed her eyes again, faking sleep. She really didn’t want to talk to anyone. She really didn’t want to deal with people at the moment. Yet being stuck on a small little plane didn’t seem to help the situation any with people packed in around her like sardines.
♠ ♠ ♠
For those of you who asked:
Why yes, I do have another update in me. :]
Thanks for reading.