Words Only Count If You Mean Them

Chapter 12

Chapter 12

It’s been a four since I’ve last seen Alex, a record. I’m really lucky I had the week off. I really didn’t want to see him or Caleb but I also didn’t want to lose my job. I basically live in bedroom and the kitchen for the whole four days. And to say my parents weren’t starting to get pissed at me is a lie.

Now they weren’t pissed at me for being home the entire time, no. And no they were not pissed that I wasn’t doing work around the house, because I was. They were actually mad that I was refusing contact with other people… or maybe it was because I threw my phone at the wall. It just, people wouldn’t stop calling me! Every other minute, it was Zack and Rian calling to ask me what happened, or Alex texting/calling me, pleading that he needed me to talk to him. I just couldn’t take the constant bother. It wasn’t that bad either, the battery just popped up.

“Damn it, Jack! It’s Alex again, pick up the damn phone and talk to him. You’re not being a very good boyfriend, if you keep ignoring him.” My father shouts at me, holding the phone. He holds it out, expecting me to take it.

I glare at the phone, “Dad, we broke up. I don’t want anything to fucking do with him.”

My dad’s hand remains out, still waiting for me to take the phone. I grumble and take the phone. I answer it, “Stop, fucking calling me Alex. I don’t want to talk to you ever again.” I hang up and hand the phone back to my dad.

My dad takes the phone back. His eyes are wide in shock. I bet he never thought I’d anything like that. But I don’t understand why, I wasn’t the needy one, Alex was.

I stand up and head to my closet and grab the first hoodie, I can. I head down the stairs and my hands on the door when;

“Jack, where are you going?” My mother asks from the stove, cooking something.

“Out,” I mutter.

I grab the door and go to turn it. “Jack?” She speaks again, stopping me from walking out. “I think we need to talk, you, your father and me, the whole family, well, except your sister and your brother. We’ll just keep them out of this.”

I look at her with uninterested eyes, “Let’s not and say we did.”

My mother grabs my hand and pulls me to the table. My dad appears and sits across from me, next to my mother.

“So,” I say, filling the awkward silence that had been created.

“Jack,” My mother starts, “I know we never got involved in you and Alexander’s relationship, and maybe we should have, but that’s not the point. We just don’t want to see you like this. Can you please tell us what caused you two, to break up? I mean, we never thought we’d see the day. You two were just so close. We all saw the way you looked at him, Jack. It’s just-”

I cut her off, “Mom, he lied to me. He lied about being with Mrs. Gaskarth, when he was with this guy I work with.”

“Jack, I think you’re overacting about this.” My dad says, “I think, I think you don’t like Caleb.”

“You’re right.” I respond, “That I do not.”

“Jack, there’s this thing. I know you’ve heard of it. It’s called jealous. I think you’re jealous that Alex was hanging out with someone new.”

“No, I’m not jealous. I’m just looking out for Alex. He’s naïve.”

“And what makes you think Alex is in any sort of trouble?” My mom asks.

“I-I don’t know.” Now here I was getting second thoughts. Maybe, maybe I was overreacting.

“Let me ask you something,” My dad starts, “Do you love Alex.”

And at this particular moment, for no apparent reason tears start to form and roll down my face. “Yes,” I choke out, nodding my head.

“Then, stop putting him threw this and call him. And don’t even start on anything about him being angry or anything. Just call him now, or we’re going to put you threw the torture of family game night. That’s right, with your four younger cousins.”

“Can-can I have my cell phone?” I ask.

“It’s in the cabinet.” My mom points and I grab it.

I press 1, take a deep breath and hit call.

Ring. Rin-

“Jack! I’m so sorry! Please don’t hang up on me! I promise I’ll never lie again! Please don’t hang up.” I hear the nervousness lining his voice.

I swallow, “It’s, it’s okay, I-I over reacted and I’m sorry for that. Can we, um can we go back out? The last four days have been hell without you.”

“Of course, I never want to leave you again,” I can hear the smile lining his voice.

“D-do you mind if I come over? I miss not seeing you.”

“I, um, I’m at the park with Caleb. You’re free to join us and there’s some one I want you to meet.”

“Um, sure, I’ll be there in twenty. See you guys then.” I’m actually really curious, as to who I’m gonna meet. I’ve basically met everyone in a five mile radius. I start the walk to the park.
♠ ♠ ♠
AND THERE! I GOT A CHANCE TO TYPE MORE!!! So i'm just going to ramble here because my friend should me a picture and Alex looked preggo. I had a good laugh. So yeah 2 more chapters til this is done.
And i'm thinking i might write a sequel, but i have some Jalex, Rilex and Zalex oneshots/twoshots planned before then.