‹ Prequel: Second Heartbeat
Sequel: Girl I Know

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 50

Jonnie walked into the house with Blade and found Lyric already sitting in the living room. She walked over and sat on the couch next to him, but he didn’t even look at her.

“Hey” she smiled and nudged him with her elbow. Blade sat down on the chair and turned his attention to the television.

“Yeah, hey” he said”

“What’s wrong with you?” she asked noticing his cold demeanor.

“Nothing”

“Ok” she said and shrugged.

“Maybe the baby needs a bottle” Blade teased.

“Fuck off” Lyric yelled.

Jonnie jumped off the couch and stood in front of the television with her arms folded.

“What the hell is going on?” she said “And don’t tell me nothing because obviously something is going on between you two!”

“What would make you say that, sweet thing?” Blade winked.

She blushed and looked at Lyric waiting for an answer. “I think it’s time you went back to daddy’s house” he said.

“What?” she asked shocked. “What does this have to do with me?”

“Oh it has nothing to do with you, Love. Lyric is just being Lyric."

Lyric glared at Blade “Doesn’t it though?”

“Somebody tell me what the hell is going on?” she demanded.

“I’d be happy to!” Blade stood up and grinned at Lyric.

“Don’t you fucking dare” Lyric warned.

“Lyric is jealous, jealous because we were alone together before.”

“Nothing happened” Jonnie swore to Lyric.

“What would have happened Jonnie?” he asked.

“I don’t understand what you are asking me” she said.

Blade leaned back against the arm of the couch and folded his arms waiting to hear Lyric explain his way out of this one.

“I know how Blade is Jonnie, I know how he works, I see it every day. You’d have slept with him for sure.”

She stood there with her hands on her hips “Did you just call me a slut?” she asked.

“Like I said, maybe you should go back to daddy’s house” he smiled a sarcastic smile.

“This is her daddy’s house you fucking moron. You just want her to leave because you are afraid I am going to win the bet!” Blade shouted and Lyric jumped up off the couch.

“What bet?” Jonnie asked

“Oh I have nothing to worry about, you’re a little late!” Lyric shot back.

“You didn’t!” Blade yelled.

“I did!” Lyric yelled.

“Someone better tell me what the hell you two are talking about!” Jonnie shouted and as soon as Lyric saw the tears in his eyes his regret set in.

“You remember the bet don’t you Lyric?” Blade taunted.

“Shut up!” Lyric yelled.

“Shut up? Why? You already won so it doesn’t matter if the cat is out of the bag does it?”

“Blade” Lyric warned.

“Lyric here made a bet as to which one of us was going to take your virginity” He put it out there without a care.

“What?” Jonnie looked at Lyric like she was going to collapse.

“Jonnie…it wasn’t like that” he said, but she just grabbed her purse and ran out the front door.

Lyric walked up to Blade and hit him. “What the fuck is wrong with you?” he shouted.

Blade rubbed his jaw and decided to even the score by hitting Lyric back. “What’s wrong with me? What’s wrong with you? You’re the one who acted like you wanted nothing to do with her when she walked in earlier. She told you nothing happened and besides you were the one who insisted that you weren’t together. I’m going to bed” he said and walked out of the living room.

Lyric sat down on the couch and rested his head in his hands. “Fuck” he whispered knowing that whatever chance he had with Jonnie was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha! Not Lyric and Jonnie ...