Cemetary Gates

Time Still Turns the Pages of The Book It's Burned

(Analeigh)

“Will I ever see you again?” I asked as tears kept rolling down on my face. He held me gently in his arms and caressed my cheek with his thumb. The day had gone too fast, it was like he was only here for a fleeting second before he had to leave me again.

“Yes you know you will. I’ll see you whenever I can, and if you ever need me you know where to find me. I’ll never be too far away.” He said and I kept crying into his chest.

“But you’re going all the way up there! It was hard letting you go the first time, Zacky please don’t leave me…” I sobbed, burying my face into his neck and taking in his scent.

“Trust me Analeigh, I’m going to miss you like you wouldn’t believe, but I don’t decide my deadline to return. I’ll always be looking out for you even when you think no one is there for you. Hell I’ll even be there when you are in the shower.” He joked and I giggled.

“See that’s what’s I like to see from you...” He grinned down at me and I couldn’t help but laugh.

“Can we take a picture? I don’t have any of you.” I asked him and he nodded. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and quickly snapped an arm’s length shot of us smiling together.

“This is cute.” I commented.

“I look chubby.” Zacky complained and I laughed.

“You are such a dork, I’m gonna miss you.” I said looking up at him. A force of attraction pulled us together and our lips met with intense passion. Our tongues tangled together for the last time as I savored the kiss as much as I could. I could hear the distant sound of bells and voices coming from above, and the clouds in the sky began parting.

“I’m running out of time.” He said his face twisting in sorrow.

“Will you wait for me Zacky?” I asked and he nodded.

“Don’t worry I’m not gonna hook up with some hot chick in heaven and forget you.” He joked and he smiled.

“But I don’t want you dwelling on me all your life. I’ll be there when your time is ready but you go out and live your life. I don’t care if you fuck a bunch of guys as long as you are happy. Just know you’ll have me until forever ends.” He said softly and I interlocked my hands with his and leaned on his shoulder. His arm tightened around me as he was really going to depart.

“I’ll always love you Zachary James Baker.” I giggled.

“I’ll always love you too Analeigh London Laine.” He said before he painfully let go of me. He turned his back and walked out farther onto the grass before he turned to face me again. He looked at the sky before he gave me one of his signature grins. Tears were pressing at my eyes again and they leaked down my face. Nothing needed to be said now. He waved before he shot up into the sky in a powerful beam of white light. The opening in the sky was waiting just for him.

A lone white feather floated back down to the earth, and I went and picked it up. I held it gently in my hands, and a tear fell onto the downy feather. I looked back up to the sky where he would be waiting.

He’s gone home.


3 Years Later.

“Brian, baby I’ll be right back…I’m taking a walk." I shouted from the house. I grabbed my two and a half year old son Dean’s hand and took him with me as we walked from the house. It was a cold wintry day on December 11th. Today was Zacky’s birthday. I carried Dean in my arms and cradled his shivering body.

He was a living reminder of Zacky. He looked just like him, a spitting image almost. He had his black hair, his jade eyes and his cute pouty lips. I was so grateful he was born and I loved him with all of my heart. Brian was a great father figure to him, but he knew he wasn’t his dad.

Brian and I had gotten back together a few months after I figured out I was pregnant. He apologized for me and I decided to give him a second chance. He said he wanted to be there for us, it’s the least he could do to honor Zacky’s death. But Dean knew who Zacky was, and Zacky knew about his son, but he’d never seen him.

I’ve seen Zacky a few times since he left. On my birthdays and in my dreams. Sounds cheesy I know, but he really isn’t that far away from me. We soon reached the huge iron cemetery gates and walked up the paved drive over to his plot. I turned around and saw my old house that overlooked this place. I remembered gazing out of my window and seeing an endless field of marble stones.

I remembered seeing Zacky just sitting there on his headstone. How I would hop that big fence just to sit and talk with him for hours on end. I sat on the grass on top of the coffin and placed my son in my lap.

“I know I’m the only one that’s allowed to sit on your face. But you can make an exception for this little guy, right?” I asked jokingly and Dean’s cute green eyes roved over the polished marble slab.

Zachary James Baker
Dec 11th 1981 - April 10th 2008
Loving Son, Best Friend, and Guitarist
"Carpe Diem"


“Is this where you said daddy is?” He asked me, it definitely came out a bit less understandable and jumbled however.

“Yep.” I replied popping the ‘p’.

“But I thought daddy’s dead?” He asked pouting and looking up at me.

“He isn’t. He’s in a better place than us.” I said and his green eyes widened further with curiosity.

“Where is that?”

“He’s in Heaven. It’s the place in the sky.” I said and he tried looking up to see it.

“Will I get to go there?”

“Someday.” Was all I replied with a bright smile on my face. He didn’t look frightened or freaked out at all. A strange wind blew past us causing the leaves on the trees to rustle.

“Happy Birthday Zacky, we love you.” I said and the wind blew stronger. I felt something behind me, but before I could turn around an arm wrapped around my shoulder. I turned to face him, and he smiled down at me and our son. Dean looked up at him in surprise before he giggled wildly. He was too cute. Zacky looked at his son proudly with a smile coming across his own face.

I love you guys too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Final Chapter :D
Im glad i finished this story on a cuter note. I didnt just wanna leave it completely unfinished. So I hope you guys liked it! Thanks for all your comments!

Peace
*mV*