Cemetary Gates

Eyes Like That Are Something You Shouldnt Forget

Chapter 2

I was just a hopeless child in love. I still sometimes feel the anger that I felt that day. It had to be the worst situation I've ever dealt with. And it was the turning point of my life. I kept to myself, and I even changed the way I looked. I had lost all of my excess weight; I dyed my hair black that now reaches the middle of the back and no one made fun of me then.

A small part of my mind thought that I was doing it for Zacky. Wrong. It took Zacky to give me the motive to change. He was the last straw. I guess the one positive thing I got from him. But, there was always that nagging feeling that no matter what I did, I still couldn’t be good enough. For him... That nothing I tried could work. Either way, I completely avoided them after my little transformation.One of them even had the nerve to flirt with me after the little stunt they pulled…Assholes.

Once graduation came around I never heard from them again, not that I didn’t love it. I don’t even know what they did with their band business. They were always writing and playing small shows around the town. They never named it until they got serious. I can barely even remember them now; do they still even live here?

Seems silly throwing four years of my life away, but they were the worst. Drastic I know, but I refuse to get hurt again. The world is a cruel place. Now I'm not agoraphobic or anything I just hate those men.

I sighed before I dropped my phone on the table and wandered into my kitchen. I eventually just made some toast, before getting a running start to jump on my couch and veg out. I turned on fuse, and I saw the intro to an interesting music video. The caption on the side said ‘Avenged Sevenfold, Bat Country.’ There were five guys sitting in a car and driving a swerving car along a desert road, probably to Vegas. One looked like he was screaming and throwing his hands up and one with a fedora was turning around as If to say ‘what the fuck?’

Caught here in a fiery blaze, won’t lose my will to stay

A guy with a lip ring sang before the scene changed back to the car where a tall lanky guy was waving around a pink fly swatter and there were bats everywhere.

I liked this song a lot so far. I laughed when the guy in the fedora started touching his face orgasmically.

“Cant you help me as I’m starting to burn?” I found myself singing along smiling. The guitarist with the black hair in his face was also incredibly hot. They all were.

When the video ended, I wanted them to play it again. I kept the channel on fuse when I saw that the music video for “Situations” By Escape the Fate came on. The ring from my phone broke me out of the trance I had watching Ronnie. Damn he’s hot. Sarah was texting me again.

‘Ana we need to go out! Two sexy motherfuckers like us need to go out!’ she sent and I smiled.

‘When r u coming over?’

‘3:00, be ready!’ She replied and I looked at the time. It was already two…damnit.

I got up and got dressed early so I could just chill until Sarah got here later. I had put on some sweatpants, a tight fitting black shirt and black uggs. I love me my uggs. I threw my hair up in a messy bun and I didn’t bother with make up. Just some eyeliner and Chap Stick, the usual.

I went back to my living room, where V was still sitting on the couch. My routine was so standard, so normal. I wanted to go do something out of the norm, but it was risky and I needed to play it safe. I haven’t in so long. The concert was already a big step and Sarah will be there basically holding my hand. Imagine myself on my own…

My doorbell rang and it was obvious who it was so I just opened it.

“Hey Ana banana!” She said in her usual cheery voice. God, she could be such a prep sometimes.

“Hello Sar.” I said creating a tiny smile on my face. I was so formal, all ‘Hello’ and such.

“You Ready?” She asked grabbing my arm and linking it in hers

“Well I kind of have no choice now.” I mumbled before laughing at her.

“Where are we going?”

“Well I know that you would just stay home anyways so we are going to go to Johnny’s.”

“Do we really have to go drinking tonight?” I whine

“You make it sound like you go out all the time. And yes.” She replied. I growl slightly as we pull up at Johnny’s. Sarah always wins. Either that or I’m a huge pushover. We walked inside, and the bar was dimly lit. There was a light smokiness in the air, and it smelled like alcohol. It smelled rather nice. I could hear the sounds of shot glasses clicking and games of pool being played.

I was dragged to the bar by a small blonde. Oh wait that’s Sarah…

The bartender eyed us before he asked with a smile.
“Can I get you ladies anything?”
Sarah smirked before she replied.

“I’ll have a dirty martini.” She said suggestively on purpose and I laughed.

“And you?”

“Uh I’ll just have Jack and Pepsi.” I said not really wanting to get into hardcore drinking tonight. Oh according to Sarah I sound like I've been smashed before. Well I have and it was so terrible the next morning.

He came back with our drinks and just as I was bout to pay, a hand lay down a 20.

“She can have anything she wants.” A husky voice purred. I followed my gaze from his hand, up his tattooed arm to settle on his face. And damn that face was gorgeous.

“On me…” He finished winking at me and my cheeks flushed with color.

“Thanks.” I said shyly, I looked up directly into his eyes and I was amazed. His clear, jade eyes were so dazzling. They seemed familiar, like eyes you shouldn’t forget. He had diamond gauges, a septum, and silver snakebites that glinted in the dim light.

“No problem sugar.” He said with a smooth, southern California accent. It was smooth and melodic… I didn’t normally like being called pet names, let alone sugar. But when he said it, it was more than welcomed.

He turned and went back in the direction he came from. His shoulders high and his hand holding his drink and the other hooked in his pocket. He walked with undeniable swagger. My eyes followed him until I broke out of my stupor.

“Ana!” Sarah said snapping my attention back to her.

“Do you know who that was? Who just bought you your drink?” She said her voice raising octaves.

“No…” I said shaking my head and taking a sip.

“Dude that was Zacky fucking Vengeance.” She squealed…I didn’t get it.

“Who?” I inquired softly. Sarah’s eyes bugged and looked like she was about to have a heart attack.

“Jeez Ana! He’s the rhythm guitarist of Avenged Sevenfold!”

Oh so he was that delicious guitarist from Bat Country. I smirked but it fell off my face.
Zacky Vengeance?...Hmm…Zacky…

“What kind of jackass would have the name Zacky Vengeance? I’m pretty sure his mom didn’t name him that.” I said chuckling before taking another sip of my drink.

“Ha ha smartass his name is Zacky Baker.”

Once I heard that name it all made sense. I nearly dropped my glass and choked on the burning Jack. I couldn’t believe it! It would be that jackass who would name himself that! It all adds up now. The band, the guitar skills, his piercings, his tattoos, his eyes. I knew I had seen those eyes from somewhere, I should have known they belonged to that monster. This was mistake number two. Tears begin to prink my eyes and roll down my cheeks.
“Ana are you okay?” Sarah asks putting her hand on my shoulder.

“N-no Sarah I have to go.” I said tearing away from her and quickly weaving my way through the crowd to get out of this place. His sanctuary…

I felt someone grab my hand and I whipped around to meet him.

“Whoa!? Where are you going so fast? The evening just got started.” His jade eyes twinkling and his lips curled into a drunken smile, revealing his pearl white teeth.

A chill of fear and emotion and I blinked away tears. Yes I feared him, but not because of what he could do to me. But because of how he makes me feel .

“No…n-no…” I managed to squeak out

“You okay sugar?” No! Don’t call me sugar…please.

“You already ruined my life…j-just get away from me!” I said in a stronger tone before I pulled fiercely away from him and hauled ass out of that place. I slowed to a walk before taking out the tie in my hair and running my fingers through it trying to calm my breathing.

The sun was setting, dipping lower and lower past the horizon. In a few minutes, my house came into view.

And it’s true; he did ruin my life as I knew it. People said I changed for the better, but it’s only the outside of me. Yeah I changed my appearance, but I’m still the scared little girl inside. The little girl who is afraid to take a risk. I still couldn’t put my heart on the table again, so I never have.

Now that he is back in my life I can only imagine how I can get even worse.

And the worst part of this story is…Is that he can still make me feel like he used to do, and that I still liked the way I felt when I was near him, and that I still like him deep down...but I’m still afraid.

(Zacky PoV)

Going to Johnny’s the night before a show was always the best. I had a bottle of jack and the night was just getting started. I tipped back my shot and grinned as the whiskey burned down my throat. That earned a cheer from the guys.

“Man, it’s so good to be back in southern California.” Matt said smiling before taking his shot.

“Hell yeah!” Rev yelled. I scanned the bar, and I saw two chicks talking. One was wearing shorts and a vest over a tank top with flip flops, and the other with a black shirt and casual rolled up grey sweatpants that hung low on her hips and black uggs. He black hair was cut layered and fell effortlessly to her mid back…damn.

But seriously who wears uggs in hot as hell California? Eh, she’s hot she can do what she wants.

“Excuse me boys.” I said smirking as I got up and walked towards the bar.
Syn whistled and the guys began to get rowdy as rev yelled.

“Yeah Zacky get some!” I playfully slapped his arm. As I got closer I heard the black haired one say.

“Uhh, I’ll just get Jack and Pepsi.” She had a beautiful voice, and hell she could drink.

She reached out to pay, but I slid a 20 over to the bartender. My body hovered closely over hers.

“She can have anything she wants.” I said, her body tensed as she was startled by me. She turned around and I was taken aback. She was gorgeous. She was shorter than me, she had silky, layered jet black hair, and her eyes were like a light purple and snowy blue, with gold. They were so hard to describe but they were so beautiful. I’ve seen eyes like that before, eyes like that aren’t something you forget.

“On me…” I finished, regaining myself. I winked at her, and she blushed.

“Thanks.” She said softly

“No problem sugar.” I said smirking a bit, I turned and head back to the bar.

“Ana!” Her friend squealed.

“Do you know who that was?” She asked again in a higher pitched voice. I smirked. I didn’t hear the rest but I caught her name. Ana… Mere moments later I see her rushing to get out of here. I got up and got to her before she leaves.

“Hey, where are you going so fast?” I ask and she looks at me like I’m death itself.

“No…n-no…” she mumbles, her unique eyes staring at me hard.

“Are you okay sugar.” I ask and she looks like she’s about to burst into hysterics. What the fuck did I do?

“You already ruined my life! J-just get away from me!” She said louder before she tore away from me and rushed out of the door. What? I don’t think I’ve ever met this Ana chick in my life. How would she know me? How could I have ruined her life when I never met her...Did I? But seriously, what the fuck did I do to make her react like that? Whatever fuck it. I walked back to the table still pondering her. I reached for my shot glass as soon as I sat down.

“What the hell was that all about?”

“Some girl resistant to the magical charm of Mr. Vengeance?” Matt chuckles.

“Shut up Sanders and no I don’t even know dude.” I took another sip of straight up jack.

“Alright with that being said, to the LBC tomorrow night!” I said raising my glass to cheers.

“Fuck yeah!” The guys chorused, and we let the toxic liquid burn its way down.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so Ana and Zacky see each other again! I like what im doing with these characters...tee hee. If you notice too tell me!

Okay so i know my first chapter was a bit suckish but i got no comments....i hope it wasnt that bad. I just wanted to put this out to see if it makes it a little better.

Comment!!!

Misery (^.^)V.
*foREVer*