‹ Prequel: Katy's Summer

Dear Katy

I Will Learn To Love Again

I walked out from the recording studio and into the rooms’ hallway. Tonight was the last night of recording and I couldn’t be any relieved. When I was about to walked into my room, I saw Aubrey sat in front of hers and Dexter’s room’s door, giggling with her phone pressed onto her right ear.

“Okay, bye.”, she hung up and smiled at me. “Hey, Alex.”

“Hey. Who was that?”

She stood up. “Bryan. He’s still in the studio.”

“Oh, yeah, I forgot that they’ll put out a record too.”

Aubrey nodded and when she wanted to get into her room, I caught her shoulder and she turned her head around. “Yeah?”

“Have you heard anything from Katy?”

“No, Alex.”, she shook her head. “I haven’t.”

Katy

I pulled my legs up to my chest and rested my head on the knees. It was almost midnight and I was in the studio with the guys.

“Aubrey misses you.”, Bryan told me as he sat next to me on the couch.

I nodded. “I know. She told me that a million time on her texts.”

“Then why don’t you just meet her up?”

“Because, meeting her means meeting Alex too, and that guy over there—“, I pointed to Paul, who was inside the recording booth, “Are going to beat him up.”

Bryan rolled his eyes and wrapped his arms. “Katy, he won’t beat Alex up. trust me. just tell him that you want to meet Aubrey and your friends.”

I stood up and told the guys that I was going to mine and Paul’s room. But the truth I went to the balcony to get some air. The cold wind quickly gushed through me as I walked out.

It was already two years after the last time I saw Alex. I traveled around the world and somehow, I bounded back to America. I moved out to New York and go to NYU as I planned.

“You’re here?”

I turned my head around and Paul was standing in front of the balcony’s door, with his hands stuck inside his pockets. “Yeah, getting some fresh air.”, I smiled and wrapped my arms around my waist.

“It’s almost midnight and the air isn’t good for your health, you know.”, he chuckled as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

“I know, it’s just…I need some room to breath.”

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t ask you to come along.”

“No, no.”, I shook my head. “I want to come.”

An awkward silent filled us, but then, a topic came into my mind. “I heard you have a fall tour in plan?”
“Yeah, with A Rocket To The Moon, VersaEmerge, and Cobra Starship. It’s going to be fun.”

“Can I come along?”, I asked quickly.

His eyes lit up and he grinned from ear to ear. “Sure.”

Alex

I ran my fingers through my hair when I went out from the small venue. It was the last day of our ‘triptacular’ of our release day. My eyes were locked on my phone until I didn’t realize that I bumped onto someone.

“I’m sorry!”

She rubbed her head and still on the pavement. “No, it’s okay.”

I helped her up and when she looked at me, her eyes widened. “Oh my god, you’re Alex Gaskarth!”

“Yeah, I am.”, I smiled a bit. I thought she won’t know who I was. I scanned her from top to bottom and she looked really great, actually.

Her honey blonde hair was a bit wet from the sweats, and she was wearing a GK t shirt and jeans shorts. “What’s your name?”, I asked.

“Sara.”
♠ ♠ ♠
hey guys! here you go and i'm sooooo sorry for the short first chapter
i'll try to get another update out by tomorrow night or whenever
just please comment and subscribe
thank you!