‹ Prequel: Katy's Summer

Dear Katy

She Got A Man,I'm With Her Bestfriend

I walked down to Times Square while I was sorting through the letters I got this morning from my dorm’s mailbox. When I turned to Broadway, I bumped onto someone, making my letters fell down to the concrete pavement.

“I’m so sorry!”, I squeaked as I crouched down and picked up my letters.

“Katy?”

I looked up and Aubrey’s rosy face filled my vision. “Aubrey?”

She squealed and pulled me up, and then wrapped her arms around me. “Oh my god! It’s you!”

“Hi, Aub.”, I giggled as she moved us side to side. “What’re you doing here?”

“Well, the guys are recording the new record. I thought you’ll be with Paul.”

We pulled away and we walked to Central Park. As soon as we found a bench, we sat there. It was a sunny day, but my fingers were ice cold.

I wanted to tell her what happened to Alex’s letter, but something pulled my tongue in.

“Katy? Are you okay?”

“Aubrey, how’s Alex? Did he know that I really got into NYU? Did he know that I’m dating Paul now?”

She shook her head. “No, he doesn’t know anything about you now.”
“I feel really guilty.”, I leaned on the bench and looked up to the blue sky. “For not listen to him two years ago.”

Aubrey placed her hand on top of mine and smiled a little. “Maybe this is the sign from God that you have to go back together.”
***********
“You’re going on tour this summer?”, I asked Paul as we walked around Central Park. It was almost sunset and we had the most perfect place.

“Yeah, I know I should’ve told you sooner but…”

I shook my head. “No, it’s okay. How’s the record?”

“Just one more song, and it’s done.”

“I’m so happy for you, Poolie.”, I hugged his side.

I could felt he kissed the top of my head and we walked down in silent. Million of thoughts running through my mind about what I talked about with Aubrey earlier.

From all of the feelings I have now, guilt dominating my heart. The memories I had with Alex two years ago rushed through my mind since I met Aubrey and it wasn’t fair for Paul.

“Katy?”

I looked up and Paul was looking down at me, worried. I touched the frown line on my forehead. “Yeah?”

“You okay? You seem…sick.”

“No, I’m okay.”

We sat down on our usual bench and looking out to the west. It was Twilight on the sky and I leaned my head on Paul’s shoulder. “I’m sorry.”, I whispered.

“What are you apologizing for?”

“I’m sorry that I can’t be a good girlfriend for you.”

He cupped my cheeks in his hand and made my eyes met his. “Katy, you’re the best. What made you say that?”

“It’s because…”

Before I could finish up my sentence, a familiar giggle filled my ear. I turned my head around and saw the blond I knew for four years of high school. “Sara?”

The blond heard me and her eyes widened when she saw me. “Oh my god! Katy?!”

I stood up and walked towards her. “Sara?! Oh my god!”, I squealed and she pulled me into a hug.

“I’m sorry about our stupid fight two years ago.”, she said as we pulled away.

“You still remembered about that?”, I laughed. “I want you to meet someone!”

I pulled her to the bench and Paul quickly stood up. “Sara, this is…”

“Paul DiGiovanni, of course.”, Sara smiled and stuck her hand out. “Sara.”

“Paul.”, he took her hand and shook it, but I could tell by his face that he was kind of disturbed.

“I’m sorry.”, I mouthed to him, but he just pulled me closer. “Anyways, who are you with, Sara?”, I asked her.

“Well, I’m with…”, before Sara could finish, a familiar guy appeared next to her. His hair turned dark brown and there were stubbles on his chin. He didn’t notice about Paul and I until he looked up.

His eyes widened in shock and so did mine. We were in a staring contest, until Sara nudged Alex on the rib. “Alex, I want you to meet Katy, she’s my high school friend.”

“Hi.”, he greeted awkwardly.

“Hi.”, I replied. “We gotta go.”, I pulled Paul away and we walked out from the park until we were back to the studio. Thank God for the buys chose a studio in an apartment building.

“Katy, Katy, can you slow down?”, Paul called out as he followed me into our room. I sat on the bed’s edge, and looked down to my hand. “Katy.”

“I feel really guilty right now.”

“To who?”

“To you and Alex!”, I burst out. “Paul, can’t you see? I left him without hearing his explanation, and I cant stand of hurting you one more day.”

Paul just stood in front of me as tears flew down from my eyes. I thought he was going to shout at me, but instead, he crouched in front of me and took my hands.

“Katy, I know it’ll be hard for you to forget about him, but I won’t leave you just because of that. I love you, and I wont let you go.”

His thumb wiped away the tears and smiled a little. “Please smile for me, Katy Cat.”

He put up his puppy dog eyes, and pouted his lips. I couldn’t help it, so I smiled. “Thank you, Paul.”

“Don’t mention it.”, he leaned forward and pressed his lips on mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you for the subscription!:D and comments, but i want more, pweasse?:3
and can you guys check out my new Martin Johnson story?
THANKS<3