‹ Prequel: Katy's Summer

Dear Katy

We Don't Always Get Everything We Wanted

Alex

“You’re—You’re pregnant?”, I asked slowly, so I could see that I got what she was saying. She nodded slightly and I snatched my hand back, like her hand was on fire. Tears started to fell down from her eyes again when I did that.

“See.”, she sobbed.

“But, why did you jump to the conclusion that the baby’s mine?!”

“I was a virgin when I did it with you!”

“It was two years ago, Kate.”

“Well, for your information, I’ve never done it with Paul!”, she shouted. That sentence made me froze on my spot. She never had done it with Paul. She never had done it with him, when all I could think about how she was having an orgasm with him.

When I was deep in my thoughts, Katy stood up and put on her coat back. “Well, I’m wasting your time.”

“Wait! Kate.”, I stood up and caught up with her when she rushed out. “Katy.”, I caught her shoulder when she was already out in the foyer.

“What, Alex?!”, she snapped. “You always making promises to me, about how you would keep your heart only for me, for myself, but I saw it with my own eyes, you couldn’t keep that damn promise!”

“But, if this is real—“

“If this is real?!”, she scoffed. “You think your kid inside me isn’t real?!”

“Well, have you taken a test or something?”

“I have! Four times!”

My eyes widened at her answer. Basic sex Ed filled my mind. Jack and I used to eavesdrop when the girls were having their sex Ed, and yes, I caught about the better-take-more-than-one-pregnancy-test lesson.

Katy just narrowed her eyes at me and knowing that I wont respond, she walked off the foyer and ran when she was already at the sidewalk.

Katy

“What the hell, Katy?!”, Paul asked through his teeth when I walked across the foyer. He was waiting for me there, like a guard dog.

“Not now.”, I muttered as I walked into the house. Good thing mom and dad weren’t home. I kept on walking to the backyard and I knew that Paul was following me. That was I wanted.

When we were at the deck, silence and tension filled the atmosphere. Paul was leaning his back on the railing, while I sat down on the wooden garden swing.

“Can we talk about this?”, he asked quietly.

I nodded and he sat next to me. “Tell me what’s wrong?”

“You would hate me to guts.”

“No, I wont.”

My little heart told me that Paul would go nuts about this, but some other side told me that he would understand. Yeah, understand about his girlfriend is knocked up with some other guy’s kid.

“Paul, I’m…”

I wasn’t that brave to look right at him, and all I do was staring at our intertwined fingers. I took a deep breath, but the air made me cough and nauseous. “Paul, I’m pregnant.”

Suddenly, his fingers were hardened. He gripped my fingers until one of them let out a crack sound. “Paul!”, I squeaked when I tried to get out from his grip. “Let me go!”

“When did you find out?”, he asked quietly as he loosened the grip.

I sighed in relieve before answering his question. “Yesterday.”

“Its Alex’s?”

“Yes.”

He looked away and I felt really guilty. I let go of his fingers and scooted closer, hugging his side instead. I buried my face in his chest, praying so he would kiss my temple or the top of my head when I did this, but he doesn’t.

“Paul, I’m so sorry.”

No response.

“I was at Alex’s house earlier. I told him about this, but he thought I was lying. He thought the baby isn’t real.”

“But, are you sure this is real?”, was the only words that came out from his mouth.

I nodded. “Yeah, I took loads of tests yesterday.”

I closed my eyes, counting his breath. When I was about to go for the 40th, he cupped my chin in his index finger and thumb, making me to look at his eyes. “I don’t care.”

“W-What?”, I stuttered and clung my hands around his wrists. “You don’t care?”

He shook his head. “No.”, his hands fell from my chin to my hands. “I don’t care, Katy. I love you so much. I would be the father of the baby. I just want you to be happy.”

Tears clouded my vision and I quickly threw my arms around his neck, pulling myself to him. “Thank you.”

“I wanted to ask you something, Katy.”

I pulled away and wiped my tears. “What is it?”

He pulled out a little blue velvet box from his pocket, and my eyes widened on that thing. He stood up, and kneeled right in front of me. “Katy Thorton.”, he smiled.

“Oh my God.”, I breathed and he chuckled at my reaction.

“Just let me do this, babe.”

I nodded and kept my mouth shut. “Katy, maybe you were right. You broke my heart a lot of times, but that doesn’t mean I would just dump you or let you go. I’ve been through a long, long path to get you, and I don’t want to let that go just because of your past. Now, I got the news that you’re pregnant. Maybe I’m not the dad, but honestly, I would take care of you and the baby, just like I’m his dad.”

My legs were shaking when he said that. I couldn’t believe that God made the kindest person on earth. “Katy, I love you, I have always loved you, and I will love you forever. Will you marry me?”

At this point, I couldn’t say anything. It felt like my tongue was frozen, and my mouth were stitched up. So, I nodded my head idiotically. Paul’s smiled lit up, more like a victorious smile as he slid the ring into my ring finger.
♠ ♠ ♠
a filler
but i hope you like this~
and i'll keep asking you, team Alex or team Paul?;D
<3