Status: Editing some of the chapters, and writing new ones. Leave lots of comments.

When Angels Cry Blood

Angel Lies(Untruths)

I must have fallen asleep because I opened my eyes to hear a banging sound. The bedside clock read 5:45. I mentally groaned as I remembered that I was supposed to call Alex 45 minutes ago. “Liz, open the door,” she shouted, “Oh, Liz, please be okay…”

“Relax, Alex, I just fell asleep,” I yawned as I opened the door.

“I saw that strange guy that follows me up here by your door, and it just scared me, I guess. You’re okay though, right,” she asked worriedly.

“What do you mean that strange guy?” I persisted.

“Remember, on the way home from school, when you asked me if I knew that guy. The one with the spooky eyes that looks really cute but acts really creepy,” she explained.

“He was around my door,” I asked with sudden realization. He was snooping around trying to fine Gabriel.

“Uh huh,” she answered quizzically. “Come on, let’s go to dinner I’m starving, plus Zane has a friend he wants you to meet,” she said in a more excited tone as she pulled me into my room. She grabbed some random clothes and threw a brush at me before she pushed me into my bathroom.

I quickly changed into the black wife beater she gave me, and the see through shirt. She also gave me a pair of black skinny jeans which I put on. I combed through my blond hair before grabbing a random pair of Converse and sliding them on. After I was dressed, I fixed my makeup which consisted mostly of eyeliner. I came out of the bathroom and smiled brightly at Alex as she looked me over and gave me her seal of approval.

We both laughed at her kooky thumbs up face as we started out of the door. “You should let me dress you more often. You know, you could be like my personal Barbie doll,” Alex suggested as she glanced over my clothes. “Seriously you look hot!” she complimented for the fiftieth time.

“Thanks, but I wish you’d stop now,” I said with a slight blush. I wasn’t used to people telling me that I was ‘hot’.

“Okay, but only because we’re at the place,” she replied with a grin. We pulled up to a red carpet type place with a valley.

“Isn’t this place a little fancy for us,” I asked in a worried tone. I mean I had on a wife beater and a see through shirt and a pair of black jeans, and she was in a pair of ripped jeans and a yellow cami. I knew we weren’t getting in.

“No, the guy that Zane and I are introducing you to is actually the son of the owner so we can dress however,” She explained. The valley took her car keys as we walked into the restaurant.

A man that looked a little like a butler asked, “Can I help you,” as he eyed us skeptically.

“Yes, we have reservations,” Alex retorted as she returned his stare.

“Name please,” he asked still seemingly skeptical.

“Thomas Edward,” Alex answered. The man lost his skepticism as he grabbed two menus.

“Oh yes, Mr. Edward and his guest are waiting for you,” he said as he gestured for us to follow him to the table. There was a grand room in the back of the restaurant that held a beautiful hand crafted oak table, and it was set for four people.

“Okay before we go in you should know his name is Tommy, but he goes by his middle name Nick. He goes to our school, but he is kind of quiet. He isn’t that rich even if everyone says so, and he is really sweet once you get him talking,” she explained as we walked into the room. Her words seemed a little rehearsed; I couldn’t help but wonder if they were true.

“Hey baby.” Alex said seductively as she went to Zane and kissed him. She sat on his left, and there was only one seat open on the right of him, and a boy sat directly in front of him.

The boy had pale blond hair that fell around his head like a cute mop, and icy clear blue eyes that lacked feeling could possibly freeze the Gulf of Mexico if he stared at it too long. He was wearing a nice button down blue and black plaid shirt with a pair of dark jeans. His angry glare was as hard as any expression chiseled onto a statue.

“Nick this is Elizabeth. Elizabeth this is Nick.” Zane said carelessly. I took my seat in front of Alex between Zane and Nick. Zane and Alex were smiling as if they had won some huge prize and Nick looked as if he preferred to be suffocating on the Moon.

“Nick fix your face girls don’t go for that look,” I said icily returning his intensifying glare.

“Nick, Elizabeth just started at our school today. She has been home schooled,” Alex explained.

“Really, where did you live before,” Nick asked, he wasn’t trying very hard to make it seem like he was interested either.

“I lived with my boyfriend, he actually just got me an apartment up here for the semester so I can get my diploma,” I lied. I’d rather have a fake boyfriend than Alex and Zane’s trying to set me up.

“Oh, why would he do that,” Nick said a little more interested.

“He wanted me to have an actual teenager experience. I mean, I have been bouncing back and forth between friend’s houses for years until I met him,” I said as the words popped into my head.

“Sure,” Nick stated coldly as a waiter brought out some food.

We all had a sort of chicken salad, and some kind of creamy soup that was really good. “You said boyfriend right Liz,” Alex asked after she’d taken her last bite of soup.

“Yeah, I did,” I answered.

“So who is your boyfriend then,” she stated.

“A guy originally from Britain but he lived in Georgia for a while and now he currently lives in a very pretty mansion in the country, about a mile away from city limits,” I lied.

“Yeah, but what is his name,” she asked a little more bluntly.

“His name is um,” I trailed off trying to think of someone.

“So his name is um,” Nick asked.

“No, his name is… Xavier,” I said the first thing that came to mind, and I mentally slapped myself. I hoped Gabriel wasn't listening or it wouldn’t be a very good report tomorrow.