Status: Completed

P.S I Love You

Wedding Shoes

Three weeks later Holly was coming back from her meeting with Robin –Denise’s friend- she was able to see her designs and immediately wanted to meet Holly. Robin told Holly that she was going to try to get a meeting with a friend that helped her with her store. Holly saw all the shoes she designed. They were so beautiful.

Holly rushed into her apartment to change again for her second ultrasound. Her stomach seemed to have gotten bigger over the last few weeks. She now could see the tiny bump through her shirt.

Sharon met her at the hospitals entrance. They walked in together, signed in and walked in for the doctor’s office.

Holly’s doctor was a tall Hispanic man. His name was Jose Rodriguez, he treated Holly very nicely though, he knew her situation and told her all about these classes that would help her deal with it and make her feel better about doing this alone.

“Hello ladies.” He smiled.

Sharon quickly fixed her hair, she had a little crush on the doctor. “Hello Doctor.”

Holly rolled her eyes at Sharon, “Hey.”

“So how are you feeling today Holly?” Jose asked taking his seat in front of Holly.

“I’m great. Just tired.”

He nodded, “I understand. Well give the machine a few minutes to warm up then we’ll take a look at your baby. Have you decided if you wanted to know the babies sex?”

Holly grinned, “Yes. I want to know.”

Sharon could see the happiness shining in Holly’s eyes. Every time she talked about the baby, a smile would spread across her glowing face.

“Great. Let me see if everything is set up for you and we’ll get started.” Jose touched her shoulder as he walked out the room.

Jealousy filled Sharon when he saw a smile playing on the corners of her lips. “You totally like him.”

Holly laughed, “No. Well he’s cute. You need to chill out!”

Sharon narrowed her eyes, “Well I can’t help it. My hormones are on a rollercoaster.”

Holly laughed out loud and rub her stomach, “I can’t believe I’m already going to be four months.”

Sharon patted her hand, “I know. It’s going by too fast.”

Holly smiled. She was about to say something when the doctor came in threw the door to take them to her room.

Holly was laying on the table as Jose moved around her stomach for the baby.

“Here’s your baby Holly.” He smiled as he pointed at the screen with her baby curled up in a tiny ball.

“Oh yeah.” She whispered. Sharon leaned over Holly a little to get a closer look at the screen. When she first saw the baby she started to cry, now seeing it again…it took her breath away.

“You said you wanted to know the sex right?” Jose asked.

Holly nodded with a smile, “Yes.”

Jose grinned, “Well you have your self a girl Holly.”

Holly gasped as she covered her mouth to stare at the screen. “A girl?”

He nodded with a smile, “Yes ma’am.”

Holly starred at the screen again. She couldn’t believe it was Gerry’s baby in there. She rubbed the sides of her stomach gently and felt tears fall down her cheeks.

Holly and Sharon left the hospital and got in a cab back to Holly’s apartment.

“So I want to make Denise wedding shoes. Do you think that’s a good idea?” Holly smiled.

Sharon grinned, “Yes! Have you told her?”

Holly shook her head, “No I haven’t. I will today though.”

Holly paid the cab as she climbed out of the car onto the street. They both climbed the stairs and into her nice cool apartment. Gerry pulsed threw her again which caused the baby to shift a little.

“Oh my.” Holly gasped.

“What?” Sharon asked as she sat on the sofa.

“The baby, she just moved.” Holly rubbed her stomach and felt a little tingle on the mid section of her belly. She felt it again when Gerry kissed her cheek.

Sharon could see the sadness that was filling Holly’s expression. That was supposed to be a happy moment for Holly. But with Gerry gone, every thing that was supposed to be special….wasn’t.

“What’s wrong baby?” Sharon stood up next to Holly.

Holly sighed and tried to hold back the tears that were threatening to fill her eyes.

“I just wish he was here.” She whispered.

Sharon hugged Holly tightly in her arms. “We all do baby.”

Holly couldn’t hold back the tears anymore. She let them fall from her eyes and soak Sharon’s shirt.
♠ ♠ ♠
</3