Status: Completed

P.S I Love You

Ireland

A week later Holly sat on the bathroom floor. This is the third time she’s puked this morning.

“Baby? Are you ok?” Sharon asked. Holly crawled out of the stall at work, she looked up at Sharon.

“What do you think?” Holly croaked. She rinsed out her mouth with the mouth wash Sharon brought in for her.

“Are you eating? Are you drinking enough fluids?” Sharon was holding her hair as Holly rinsed her face.

“Yes. I’m eating; I’m drinking plenty of water. But I can’t eat too much or I just throw it right back out.”

Sharon let her hair fall when Holly reached for a paper towel. Sharon was worried about Holly. All the stress was not good for her.

“Holly why don’t you take the rest of the day off? I’ll cover for you.” Sharon tucked her hair behind her ear.

Holly nodded, “Ok. I’m just tired.”

Sharon nodded and walked out with her. She hated seeing Holly go threw so much pain like this. They’ve known each other for five years, which is how long Holly and Gerry were married. Sharon knew it was because of loosing Gerry that Holly was feeling sick. She sent a silent prayer to Gerry to help Holly.

Sharon helped Holly into a cab and waved her off.

Holly was happy to be home. She dumped her keys on kitchen table and trudged over to the sofa. She lies down and saw Gerry’s box on the living room table.

“Hi baby.” She smiled.

Holly closed her eyes but seconds later she was running for the bathroom. She sat on the floor again gasping for air.

“What the hell is going on?” She croaked. Holly flushed the toilet and pulled her knees up to her chest to wrap her arms around them. Holly leaned her head back against the cabinet that held all her towels and different accessories. She pulled herself up slowly and into the living room again. Just as she was about to sit down someone knocks on the door.

Holly grunts to herself when she walks slowly to the door. A guy in all green is standing outside her door with balloons.

“Are you Holly Kennedy?” he asked.

She nodded, “Depends. Are you going to sing?”

He frowned, “Yes.”

“Then no.”

“But I have a letter to deliver to you.”

Holly jumped, “Give me the letter.”

“But I have to sing to you first.”

“Just give met the letter!” Gerry’s letter was inches away from her hands.

The guy rolled his eyes and reached for the letter and a package, “You know I don’t need this shit. I was in a Broadway show with Al goddamn Pachino.”

He handed the letter to Holly, “Want the balloons?”

“No.”

“Fine.”

Holly slammed her door in his face with a grin on her face when the envelope read, “To My Wife” She quickly tore the letter and placed the package on the table.

“Go to the travel agency. I have something special planned for you baby. You might want to wear something warm, its cold there this time of the year. And I want you to go to the Karaoke bar we went to that one night? Do you remember? I love you.”

Holly grinned, “No freaking way?!”

“Oh yes way!” Gerry said.

“You didn’t baby? You are not sending me to Ireland?”

She heard his laugh, “Yes I am. You’re taking Denise and Sharon with you too.”

Holly screamed and wished he was here to wrap her arms around him. “You’re amazing!”

He laughed, “Oh I know.”

“Now this bar…I’m not going.” Holly remembered that night very clearly. She had a hard day at the office and Gerry wanted to go out.

“Oh come on love. You have to have fun!”

“No. I’m not going. I ended up breaking my ankle and my nose. No Gerry!” Holly was not revisiting that bar again. Never.

Gerry sighed, “Whatever love. That’s a mark for you though.”

Holly rolled her eyes as she trudged off to the bedroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
=O