Status: Complete ]: Prequel?

Please Don't Forgive Me

Chapter Fifteen: This Is the End

For those four days I was cranky and uncomfortable. I just wanted this all to be over with. I wanted to forget about Dane, forget about what happened, and forget about the baby.

When we were back in Arizona, Garrett took me to the clinic, waited for me and then brought me home. I was relieved that it was over, but there was still a part of me that had lost something. I didn’t regret my decision, but that doesn’t mean that I didn’t cling onto Garrett and cry the minute we were in the apartment. That doesn’t mean I wouldn’t spend every day wondering if it would have been a girl or a boy or if it would have looked like me. When I got to wondering if it would look like Dane, that’s when I was most certain that I had made the right choice. I couldn’t have loved it.

“Come on,” Garrett said dropping his keys on the counter. He put an arm around me and led me to my room. I lie down in his arms and bury my face in his chest and the warmth of his body. “Shh,” he soothed, rubbing my back. “What are you thinking about? You don’t regret it, do you?” he asked worriedly. I shook my head ‘no’ in response.

“I’m thinking about how I’m so relieved, but at the same time I feel like I lost some part of me. And then I realize that it was a part of Dane too and I get so aggravated.” He kissed the top of my head.

“Do you want to talk to someone?” he asked softly. “Someone who knows how to help you? Someone other than me?”

“No.” I wiped my eyes and grabbed a blanket from the foot of the bed.

“Are you sure? I won’t be mad,” he promised.

“No, Nickelsen. You’re stuck with me, sorry,” I let out a small laugh. “It’ll all get better in time.”

“That it will.” He smoothed the blanket out around me and stood up to close my curtains. “Take a nap,” he laughed as I yawned loudly.

“Fine,” I huffed, as if it were a chore.

“Yes, because sleeping is so difficult, right?” I rolled over and heard him walk away.

“Stay,” I said softly. “Can you stay?” He nodded and strolled back over to my bed, letting me curl up against him again. “Thanks,” I smiled.

It was all over. The misery had come to an end and I could be free from the memories weighing me down. I was me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again short, but I will hopefully have more up later! First I have to start an English paper, a history outline and research for Science Olympiad (competition is in like three days). Comments appreciated. So are subscribers.
<3333 Love, Jaylee :)