‹ Prequel: Backstage

Center Stage (Into the Future)

Tour Fun for Everyone!

Ok, now you guys are thinking, “What do you mean going on tour? They’re the biggest on the label! Why haven’t they been on tour before?” Well, here is the answer. You see, T-Bright isn’t the biggest major label; it’s probably closer to smallest. Meaning they don’t make a lot of money, meaning that it would cost too much to get a band on tour. The profit would be good for the concerts and they’d make money, but they’d be in debt for a while until the concerts paid off. So this is what T-Bright did. They made a bet with all of their bands that if they could get to double platinum on their CD, they’d get to go on tour…which is exactly what Whiplash did.

Katie and Nikky were practically flying. They were jumping up and down in excitement while Sami stood still in shock.
“Wait…Wait! Katie Nikky! WAIT!” she said as she put her hands on their shoulders to get them to stop jumping.
“What?” Nikky asked. Sami smiled.
“Who are we going with?” She turned to Dave, the manager/ co-owner for T-Bright Record. He smiled.

“Your best friends.”

“We’re going on tour with Tre!” Nikky squealed as she hugged Katie and Sami. They laughed.
“Not just Tre, Nikky. Tre, Billie and Mike!” Katie said as she wiggled in her grip.
“When? When are we going?” Sami asked excitedly.
“You leave in April. It’s gonna be fun you guys,” Dave said.
“We have to go talk to them!” Nikky screamed as she pulled them towards the door.
“Nikky! We have to record today…Remember?” Sami said as she grabbed her shoulders to stop her.
“Oh, by all means, you guys celebrate today. We can record tomorrow,” Dave said. Sami smiled.
“Thanks Dave. Do the guys know about the tour yet?” she asked as she was being dragged towards the door again.
“Yes, they know. Have fun,” Dave yelled as the door snapped shut.
Sami was in a daze. Whiplash was going on tour. And not only were they going on tour, they were going on tour with their best friends. It was going to be so fun. “SAMI!” Nikky screamed. Sami snapped out of the daze.
“Huh? What?” she said.
“Can you unlock the door?” Nikky asked slowly as if Sami were asleep.
“Oh…yeah,” she said. She clicked the button on her lock and the doors clicked open.
“LET’S GO SEE THEM!” Nikky yelled as she jumped into the passenger seat. “Jeez, Nikky. Calm yourself,” Sami laughed as she pulled out of the parking lot. “I WANNA SEE TRE!” she said excitedly.
“Really? Do you love him? I’m not sure if you told us yet,” Katie joked. Nikky stuck her tongue out like a child would. Katie laughed as Nikky pulled out her cell phone.
“What are you doing?” Sami asked.
“Calling them,” she said simply.

They waited a few seconds for them to pick up. Finally, Nikky smiled. Without even saying hello, Nikky thrust the phone up to Sami ear and whispered, “It’s for you.” Sami gave her friend a strange look and held to phone with her own hand.
“Hello?”
“Hey!”
It was Billie, who would have guessed. Sami gave an evil glare to Nikky, who kept mouthing ‘You love him!’ over and over again.
“Hey Billie,” Sami said.
“I heard about our awesome tour together. It’s gonna ROCK! WOO!” he yelled excitedly into the phone. Sami laughed.
“Billie, how many pieces of candy corn did you have today?” There was silence on the other end.
“How many in a bag?” he asked finally. Sami laughed again. “Tre and Mike helped me with it. Adel wanted us to put it all in the candy dish…Who is stupid enough to let us be in charge of candy?” Billie said.
“I HAD THREE LAUGHY TAFFIES!” Mike screamed in the background.
“And Mike had three laughy taffies,” Billie confirmed.
“Hyper freaks,” Sami laughed.
“Get used to it. In April its all Code Red all the time,” Billie said proudly.
“TELL THEM TO COME OVER, BILLIE!” Tre yelled.
“Where are you guys?” Sami asked.
“BILLIE’S HOUSE!” Tre screamed into the receiver for he now had control of the phone.
“Ok, we’ll come over. Hang on, Tre. Nikky wants to talk to you,” Sami said. She took the phone and put it in Nikky’s hand. She smiled and started talking to Tre.

Five Minutes Later

DING DONG

Tre ran to the door, slipping on the hardwood floor in his socks.

SMACK

“OW!” he yelled as his face connected to the floor. Mike and Billie started laughing.
“Ok, it’s open so we’re coming in,” Nikky said as she ran inside.
“Hey Mike, hey Billie. Where’s- JESUS!” Nikky screamed as she tripped over the fallen Tre O’Neill and landing on the ground beside him.
“HI NIKKY!” he said excitedly. She laughed.
“Hey Tre.” Tre smiled. Katie was cracking up as she seated herself at the kitchen island across from Mike.
“I will never give you guys candy EVER again,” Adel said as she walked into the kitchen.
“But we’re so ALIVE when you do!” Billie said as he ran and gave his wife a hug.
“Yes, and scary,” she said as she signaled to Mike who was now spinning on the stool laughing and yelling ‘WEEEEEEEEE.’ Billie shrugged. “He ate most of it.” Adel shook her head and turned to Sami and Katie; Nikky was still on the ground.
“So, you’re going to go on tour with these guys? Good luck,” she laughed. Sami laughed and then looked over at Mike, who had gotten too dizzy and was now clutching the counter for balance. Sami smiled.
“Oh yeah, it’s gonna be fun.”