Gold, Guns, Girls

Chapter Five.

Olivia awoke the next morning, alone and wrapped in a blanket that didn't belong to her. After blinking a few times, and looking around the room she was in, she realized she had spent the night with Cameron. The fact that he was nowhere in sight shocked her, for she was the one to always wake up first during their sleepovers. She'd have to poke and prod him until he'd wake up and make her breakfast, but this time was different.

So, she climbed out of bed and made her way into the kitchen. He glanced up from his spot, perched on the counter with a cup of black coffee in his hands. His hair was disheveled, and he had greenish-tinged bags beneath his eyes. He was hungover, just like pretty much every Saturday morning, but he never did look physically sick when he was in this state. He'd usually just suffer from a massive headache, and he'd be terribly cranky for the entire day--But today he looked as though he was but an inch from vomiting up the entire contents of his stomach, and Olivia felt terrible for him.

"Are you alright?" She asked slowly, approaching with caution, as if she was afraid he'd spew his inside at her if she stepped too close.

She could see his Adam's apple bob in his throat as he swallowed hard, shaking his head from side-to-side. "I feel terrible."

"You look terrible." She smiled sheepishly, making her way to the fridge and grabbing the carton of orange juice. She took a glass out of the drying rack beside the sink, filling it half-way before setting the carton of the counter. She turn ed back to him, eying him as she sipped her orange juice.

"Thanks." He scoffed, reaching up and roughly rubbing his face with the palm of his right hand. "I have never been this hungover before. I didn't even drink much."

"Maybe you're coming down with something." She suggested, reaching up and pressing her hand to his forehead. She pursed her lip, running her cool hand along the side of his face to cup his warm cheeks. He leaned into her touch, and let out a slow breath, enjoying the feeling of cold on his hot cheek.

"Maybe I am." He said, looking up at her with pouted lips. "And I'll need someone to take care of me."

"Call Heather." Olivia bit her lip, shrugged her shoulders.

"I would." He trailed off, looking up at her with sad eyes. "But she's away for the weekend."

Olivia sighed. She thought it was unfair that she was always the second resort to this Heather. They had known each other since they were three years old, and he's known Heather the whole two months they had been dating for. He always did put Olivia before his past girlfriends. He would never neglect her to spend time with them, and if he wanted someone to spend time with, it was usually her. Most of his girlfriends usually broke up with him because they hated being second to Olivia--But Heather wasn't second at all.

"I think it would be appropriate if my best friend took care of me." He smiled widely, showing off his teeth. "Because my best friend loves me and wants me to be healthy..."

Olivia sighed, brushing her bangs back, away from her face. "Fine, Cam."

And then he smiled at her. That same crooked smile that always won her over, and lead her to believe it was okay when she always let him have his way. When he smiled like that at her, she always felt so special, because, in her heart, she wanted to believe that she was the only one that could make him smile like that. That smile was always genuine--That smile that showed that he was actually happy, for even just a moment. Olivia wanted him to be happy all the time, because she was happy when he was happy. All she ever wanted was for him to be happy, especially if she was the one who made him that way.

Within a few moments, they had relocated to Cameron's bed. There wasn't a lot of physical contact--Not like there used to be when they laid together, or like last night. Now that he was sober, he knew that his girlfriend probably wouldn't appreciate any contact he made with another girl, so he kept it to a medium. They laid on their backs, staring up at the white, stucco ceiling and Cameron's head was resting on her shoulder.

"What am I going to do on all of the weekends when Heather's family goes away?" Cameron asked randomly.

Olivia furrowed her brow, gently running her thin fingers through his oily hair. "Does she go away often?"

"Yeah, I think." He nodded, pursing his lips. "Her parents have a lot of money, I guess. So, if Heather wants to go somewhere, they always drop what they're doing and take her. Even if she wants to go to New York to go shopping for an afternoon."

"Well that's... Nice of them." Olivia said awkwardly, having nothing else to say in reply.

"You should meet her when she gets back." Cameron suggested, looking up at her with a hopeful smile on her face.

"You want me to meet her?" Olivia rose both her brows, staring down at him.

"Yeah." He grinned, taking her small hand in his much larger one. "All I want is for my two favourite girls to get along."

"What about your Mom and Valerie?"

Cameron rolled his eyes, ignoring her question. "Please?"

She sighed and nodded her head, though she really didn't want to. She hadn't even met this Heather character yet, and she already didn't like her. Just saying her name left the most bitter taste on her tongue, like battery acid. Olivia would have rather cleaned up elephant droppings at a local zoo or eat ten spiders then meet Heather, but the way Cameron was looking at her made her heart swell. He wanted this so badly, and Olivia knew that if she did this, he'd be so happy.

And the smile on his face proved it, as he grinned up at her and looked at her through half-lidded eyes. Even in his seemingly exhausted state, he could still smile at her like that. It made her feel good. Good enough to not regret the decision she had just made when she agreed to meet his girlfriend. She just hoped it would be better than all of the other times she had met one of Cameron's girlfriends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Olivia seems pretty pathetic. Ha ha.
Comments are lovely.
Nobody comments this story and it makes me very, very sad. :(