Gold, Guns, Girls

Chapter Four.

Olivia sighed as she drove up to the front of Daniel Massey's house, noting the amount of damage that the group of teenagers had done to the front lawn in mere hours. The gardens were completely trampled, and there were hundreds of cups and crushed cans littering the grass. From what she could see, two of the upstairs windows had been broken, and their young maple tree had basically been stripped of all it's leaves. Toilet paper and random articles of clothing were draped and weaved throughout branches of the shrubs, and a number of inebriated teenagers were scattered in front of the home. Olivia almost felt pity for Daniel, seeing as this mess would be seemingly difficult to explain to his parents, who had trusted their son home alone for a night while they went on a small trip out of town. Who knew teenagers could be so destructive?

Cameron stood up from the front steps of the home, grabbing onto the railing as he swayed from side to side. Olivia was tempted to get up and help him to the car, but that small part of her that was completely infuriated with him at the time almost wanted to see him fall. She tapped the steering wheel impatiently as he staggered to the car, pulling open the passenger door and hurling himself inside.

"Hi Livy." He smiled stupidly, leaning forward to press a sloppy kiss on her cheek.

"Put your seat belt on." She muttered, wiping away the moisture his lips left with the sleeve of her sweater.

He frowned, but did as he was told in silence, resting his head on the window of the door to his right. Olivia glanced at him from the corner of her eye, carefully pulling out of her parking spot so to not hit any of the ridiculous teenagers that were running about the street.

"You're mad at me." He said softly, looking down at his hands.

Olivia let out a quiet sigh, and glanced at him again. "It's three in the morning, Cam."

"I know, but I needed you." She could hear the pout in his voice, and rolled her eyes.

"Why didn't you just get Heather to help you?" She didn't bother to hide the venom in her tone.

"I tried." He frowned. "She wouldn't answer her phone."

"So, you called me?" She spat.

"Well, you're my best friend." He mumbled. "Please don't be mad at me."

Olivia let out a heavy sigh, removing one hand from the steering wheel and placed it on his knee, giving it a very gentle squeeze. "I guess I'm not mad. I'd rather you have called me then got into a car with one of those drunken idiots."

Cameron smiled, tangling his long fingers in her tight, red curls. He always liked to touch her hair. It was because it was soft, he'd always say. And it always smelled the exact same. Olivia kind of had a signature scent, for she wasn't the type of girl to buy a different kind of shampoo or body wash every time she went out. She had a routine or every aspect of her life. She liked to keep herself organized, which was something that Cameron found oddly amusing about her. The two of them were such polar opposites that it was a surprise to anyone in their town that the two could actually stand one another. Let alone choose to be together every minute possible. Sure, they do say that opposites attract--But these two were too opposite. They didn't have anything in common, besides the mutual love between the two of them. Though, Olivia knew that her love for him was much different than the love he had for her. She was pretty sure that it was the same kind of love that he felt for his little sister, Valerie. Olivia didn't feel the sibling-type love for Cameron. She didn't feel the same type of love for him as she did for Elliott. Even thinking that seemed so wrong to her. She didn't know why though, because Olivia was a very naive little girl. Her mind hadn't matured the same way as everyone else's had. She believed it was because she had lived a rather sheltered life. She had only started attending public school in the eighth grade, because her Mother had insisted she be home schooled. Olivia couldn't pick up on the same social ques on everyone else, and she certainly didn't understand the concept of intimate and sexual relationships. So, these feelings she had for Cameron--She thought they were only friendly. She just assumed they were a different kind of friendly, given the amount of time they had known one another.

By the time they had reached home, and Olivia had helped Cameron into his empty house, he had somehow managed to convince her to stay the night with him. The last few weeks had been tough on the two, considering the fact that Cameron seemed to have absolutely no idea how to juggle each aspect of his life. His girlfriend too up most of his free time, and the rest went to sports practices and games. Olivia hadn't seen very little of him, and so it was nearly impossible to pass up her chance. Even if he was intoxicated. She was so used to him being in this state, for it was his way of escaping. His life was tough. Olivia had absolutely no doubt in her mind that it was. The thought of all the things he had gone through were almost over-whelming for her to even think about it, but he lived it every day of his life--He lived it and was able to put a smile on his face. A real, genuine smile. Olivia respected him for that. She put aside the fact that he was very slowly killing his liver, because he deserved that escape. He deserved to not have to think about those things for a night.

But she couldn't help but to wish that she could be his escape.

"Where is everyone?" She asked softly as she laid in his bed, watching him as he moved around the room in merely a pair of boxer shorts and a tooth brush in his mouth.

"My mum took Logan and Valerie into the city for the weekend." He explained through a mouth of minty bubbles. "Valerie has chemo in the morning."

Olivia nodded silently, shivering as she cuddled into the pillow. She had brought all the clothing she had stashed at his home so her Mother could wash it all, so she was left with wearing one of Cameron's t-shirts and her boy short panties.

"Are you cold?" He asked softly, coming out of the bathroom and eying her carefully. He had sobered up considerably since he had stepped foot into the house.

"I'll be fine when you come lay down with me." She mumbled, letting her eyes fall shut.

She could hear shuffling around the room, and a weight on the bed beside her. A pair of familiar, toned arms coiled around her thin waist, pulling her body close to equally toned chest. Olivia smiled, savoring the feeling of being close to him, for she knew he was only being so touchy because he was drunk. Ever since he had started dating Heather, the physical contact was at a low. He didn't feel the need for any female contact that wasn't with Heather.

God, Olivia was really starting to hate her...
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys suck with the comments. Rofl.
Seriously!
I definitely think I should get more than like, two comments for this update.
I work hard to entertain you people!
And idk. I got a formspring.
http://www.formspring.me/laserlife
Ask me a question or something. My account isn't exactly BUMPING with questions. Nae mean?