Status: Won't be able to update this weekend. Super busy! Hopefully sometime during the week I'll get another chapter up.

Finding Family, Finding Love

Chapter 3

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from CSI: Miami the only thing I own is the plot and the characters of Brooke , Rachel and Ava.

~CHAPTER THREE: MOVING DAY~
I woke up a couple hours early the next day. Smiling I sat up and stretched, today was the day Brooke and I moved to Miami. I looked over to where Brooke had slept and found it empty. Getting out of bed I walked slowly to the kitchen.

“Morning.” I said as both my mother and Brooke looked up.

“Morning, sweetie. Breakfast is on the stove. That is if you want it.” She said with a smile. At that moment Mac shuffled into the kitchen as well.

“Morning, sunshine.” I greeted him with a small shove.

“Morning.” He said helping himself to breakfast.

“So Ava, are you ready for the big move?” Brooke asked me with a huge smile.

“I am actually. I’m excited of course and I’m a little nervous as well, but that is to be expected.”

“You’ll do fine, Ava. You’re too smart not too.” Mac said. “Why do you think I always brought you to the lab. You helped out quite a few times on many cases.”

“Thanks, Mac. That means a lot.” I said. “So you know Horatio.”

“Nice topic change. He’s a nice guy. Don’t know much about him. He’s very quiet, or actually a very observant man.” Mac said sitting down next to Rachel.

“Thanks.” I replied again with a smile as I sat down as well.
******************************************************************
Two hours later the four people were standing in the airport.

“I’m going to miss you, Mom. I’ll call you everyday or at least I will try too.” I said smiling.

“I feel better that your father is down there. Yeah, he doesn’t know about you yet, but once he does you’ll never get rid of him.

“Hope your right, Mom.”

“Flight 63 to Miami boarding at gate 18” the flight attendant voice came over the PA system.

“Well mom, that’s us, we should go.” Ava said turning towards her mom and Mac.
“Okay honey, give me a kiss and get going. don’t want to miss your flight. I miss you honey.” Rachel said giving me a kiss. I then leaned over and gave Mac a kiss on the cheek and a huge hug. Even though I had never told him Mac was like a father to me.

I turned and grabbed my carry on and walked off with Brooke but not before I heard my Mom yell. “CALL OFTEN!”

“WILL DO! I LOVE YOU!” I yelled back before handing the flight attendant my ticket and boarded the plane.

******************************************************************
~2 to 4 hours later~
I gently shook Brooke awake as the plane began to descend.
“Brooke wake up we’re landing.” I said touching her arm once more while grabbing tightly to the arm of my seat with the other. If you couldn’t tell I absolutely hate flying.

“Wh…what?” Brooke asked while rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

“We’re landing.” I gritted my teeth while also grabbing the other arm of my seat with my now free hand. Brooke smiled.

“Are you going to be okay?”

“YES! I’ll be fine. You know how I feel about flying. I hate take off but I absolutely despise landing.”

“I know, come on lets get our stuff from above.” Brooke said pointing above our heads. I looked around noticing that the other fliers were standing as well.

“Okay.”

I grabbed my black and green mini duffel and made my way off the plane with Brooke close behind. Every once in awhile I could feel a slight tug on my jeans from behind. I figured that Brooke had grabbed a belt loop so we wouldn’t get separated. Moments later we were standing by baggage claim waiting for out two pieces of luggage to come through. Soon I saw a bag identical to my mini duffel, except bigger, come through with a large pink ribbon tied to it. I looked suspiciously at Brooke.

“What? You found it easier didn’t you?” She asked with her hand on her hip and her eyebrows meeting her hairline.

“Yeah, whatever. But seriously pink.” I asked grabbing the bag and stepping aside barely missing knocking over a little old lady.

“Well I know you don’t like it but you found it quickly so stop complaining.” She smirked.

“Fine, fine!” I said with a small smile. Minutes later we were making our way outside.

“Shesh, it’s humid out here.” Brook said the moment we stepped out of the cool air of the airport.

“Well, what did you expect? It’s Florida.” I pointed out. “It’s totally beautiful though. I’ll have to brush up on my non-existent knowledge of Spanish. I’ll probably be the one that will need it.”

“Me too. Come on let’s just get a cab. I want to lay on a real mattress.” I gave Brooke weird look with a raised eyebrow.

“You just slept in one not three hours ago. Now you want to sleep in one with out bedding? Yeah, that’s comfortable.” I stepped out on the curb and put my hand out for a taxi. “I want to get unpacked, completely moved in and find my dad within the next week before classes start.

My smile got bigger as I talked and looked at Brooke. “God Girl you want everything so quickly.”

A taxi rolled to a stop and the driver stuck his head out of his window. “Where to ladies?”

I reached into my back pocked and dug a piece of paper that Mac had written the address on. I handed it to the driver.

“Okay, well this is Willows Apartment Complex. Hop in it’s on my route. I’ll take you there.” He helped us put our bags in the trunk before we even got in the car.

“Thank you.” I said on the way their we made random conversation. Soon we were pulling up in front of our building. I found that Willow Apartment Complex was on Pride street. Not that it helped me much. As we got out of the car the driver was already getting our luggage out of the trunk.

“Thanks again.” I said as I gave the driver the money. “Keep the change.”

“Thank you, senorita.” He replied with a smile. I grabbed my things and stood by Brooke and stared at the building.

“Wow this place is really nice. Mac did really good for us.” Brooke said walking forward before she turned and looked at me. She rolled her eyes. My jaw had dropped at the sight of the apartment complex.

“Ye..yeah.” I breathed out slowly, looking down at the address Mac had written and back at the building. ~ It’s the right place. I’ll really be thanking Mac later.~

“What’s the apartment number.” Brooke asked me still checking out the building.

“Ummm…” I looked at the paper again. “It’s number 125. Let’s head on up there.”

We walked through the front lobby, which is huge and open. The large windows let a lot of sunlight in. Stopping by the front desk we each picked up our set of keys and found the landlord didn’t need anything from us so we headed to the elevator and to our new apartment for the night. Tomorrow would be busy.

TBC…..
♠ ♠ ♠
I’ve decided to change the P.O.V. from third person to Ava’s P.O.V.