I Wanna Say We're Getting Closer Every Day

The Grey In Everything.

I wanna say that we're getting closer every day
You know you can't stop when you're racing the clock, c'mon
This heart's a bomb and we're setting it off, alright


I sat in my room, listening to ‘Closer’ by My Favorite Highway as the phone rang.
Just like every time I lifted the phone and answered with a boring ‘Hello?’
No one answered.

Male [Meyl] :
'1. A person bearing an X and Y chromosome pair in the cell nuclei and normally having a penis, scrotum, and testicles, and developing hair on the face at adolescence; a boy or man.
2. An organism of the sex or sexual phase that normally produces a sperm cell or male gamete.'
I looked at the worksheet infront of me and decided it was enough homework done.

3. UNNEEDED, was what I was adding in my head while leaving the house.
It was time for school.

~ ~ ~
Today was a Friday. Today would be the day. The last day of this week. Finally Weekend.
I sat in my car and looked out of the window. Damn traffic lights.
It was kind of annoying to wait for them to get green.
Green was my favourite colour. I loved it.

As I reached school I walked into the big, bright hall. My school was one of these private ones. The ones only people with money could attend.
Even thought we barely had enough to love my parents wanted me to go to this school.
Unfortunately more girls than guys were attending this school.
It – was – horrible.
I was used to hang around guys all the time – I was used to hang around good looking guys. And now?! There were these nerdy nerds and these geeky geeks.
Not that I’m that shallow, but it truely IS frustrating.

Classes started and I looked out of the window. I didn’t pay attention to the classes. I had already learned the stuff they were learning here.
Last year on a public school.

The door opened – A guy came in and I turned. He was good looking.
Really good looking. But I wasn’t some prep so he surely wouldn’t pay attention to me. I turned again, thinking about the past.
Like I always did.

“I love you”, he had said, the boy I had been in love with for so long.
“I’m sorry.” was the only thing I was able to tell him. Even thought I loved him, I hadn’t really talked to him before. I used to watch him from afar, he always smiled and waved
.
I wouldn’t have worked anyway. Boys are like… They wanted contact – physical contact, not a cold long phone-talk.
It was better to refuse him than being with him for a few weeks until I would have moved away.

“My name is Jace, Jace Matthew.” I heard the guy in front of the board say, but I didn’t pay attention to him.
I could hear the girls’ whispers behind me. Ever since I was here they were only talking about boys. Boys, Sex or Make up. Sometimes Bags or activities. But mostly about boys.
Things I wasn’t interested in anymore.
The only things I was interested in were grates and success.
Family also, but ever since they forced me to this school they weren’t this necessary anymore. I hated my parents for sending me here.
Friends of course, since I loved my friends. But I couldn't see them anymore.

“Hey, I’m Jace.” The guy said as he sat next to me. Somehow I knew his voice. But I couldn’t tell where from.
“I know.” I simply said, without even taking my eyes off the window.
So he sat next to me. Well, of course. It was the only empty seat.

The day went by and during lunch I sat with my friends. We talked about unnecessary things like the foot our school served or the colour of the floor.
And ugly grey. Really not friendly – DETERRENT.

As I walked in my English-class I recognized the guy from this morning. Jake or something. It wasn’t worth to remember thought.
I sat down at my usually place, which happened to be right next to him and pulled my homework out.
As I reread it again I got bored. Of course it was right.

“What’s your name?” Jace asked me with a bright smile. Sure he was handsome and his voice sounded so sincere but I had enough from shattered love experiences. I wasn’t ready to get my heart broken again. Love was just a fake-matter to have physical contact and an excuse to get these noisy admirers away.

“Mella” I answered, even thought I didn’t mean to.
“Great. Until now we have two classes together. Lucky, huh?” I heard him laugh as I looked back onto my worksheet.
The bell rang and the last students came running in and took their place.
Mister Coban came in and started his speech as every lesson.

A paper flew onto my table and I looked up, just to see Jace grin.
‘Are you free on Saturday?’ was written on it.

Image
__

As the bell ran I stood up and walked outside. He sure was nice and handsome and maybe he wouldn’t have disappointed me but I wanted to make sure I wouldn’t get hurt the next few years.
After moving away, attending a horrible school, have my crush telling me he loved me, dumping him and still love him I didn’t want to risk anything anymore.
It wasn't worth it.

I walked to my car and sat in.
Someone knocked onto my window.
I opened it and looked who it was.
“Can you give me a ride?” Kesha, one of my best friends asked. “Sure, hop in.” I said and sighed.
“I’m sorry. Blake and I had a fight, so he drove without me.” She confessed while sitting in.
“No Problem, but you guys fight a lot lately?”
“Well, this time it wasn’t my fault. I just said this new guy – Jake or something – was hot, no need to scream and get all ‘why don’t you take him instead’?!”
I laughed.
“Jace.” I corrected her.
”Jace?”
“Jace Matthew.”
She just looked like I was a ghost.
“What?!” I asked her, still confused about her reaction.
“You … Did you just remembered his name?”
I nodded.
“How long has he been here?”
“Just today,” I answered.
“And you already know his name?”
“What’s the matter?” I asked her. It’s not like I was silly.
“You never remembered their names until a few weeks after…”
I looked over to her.
“He’s sitting next to me.”
”So?” she asked, still surprised.
“Nothing.”
“You like him?”
Of course it came. This question. She asked it every time I knew a guy. It’s not like I’m an outerspace human who couldn’t talk to guys, is it?
“I just know his name. What makes you think like that?!”
“Melissa!” she called me by my full name.
“You know his name. That’s the point. You’re too uninterested in a relationship to even remember guys names.”
“What’s with that?!” I asked, rolling my eyes. It wasn’t the truth!
Well… Maybe a bit. But a little, little, little bit!

I pulled into her drive way and she grinned.
“Don't roll your eyes on me. You know what I mean.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, my second story. I hope you lalalalike it. :)

Also, I thought of the Character like that:
Melissa: http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6463/genericemogirl.jpg
Jace: http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/6040/24688882.jpg
[Do not own these pictures. ]

But, of course, these are just like I am imagening them, you don't have to see them like that. And again, I'm sorry for the mistakes, like spelling and so on.