Foreverland

I saw your face in a crowed place

~ Summer of 1941 ~

"Welcome to Foreverland" A old aged man hollered, as Samantha and i entered the fair. The sun was camouflaged behind the silky blue evening sky. But you could still see the blaze of orange fire that still remained from the sun. I looked up to see a bright sign, lit up in vibrant colors. I smiled widely. It was my first time in Little Blossom, my family wanted a summer vacation that was far from the city as possible. Little blossom was in a little town off the South Carolina shores. Mama and Papa rented the biggest house in little blossom, i don't really understand why. Everyone knows how rich we are, we don't need a huge house to remind everyone. Every time i would tell people my name they would immediately back away from me. But Samantha was different she knew how it was to have a legacy to your name.

"Let's ride the bumper cars, i never rode one before" I said with enthusiasm. I took her by the hand running through the crowds of people. We paid our tickets, and i hopped in the red bumper car. And Samantha in the yellow.

~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~

"Which one do you want son" the old man asked mick. There was a shelf of stuffed animals all ranged form smallest to largest. And as mick just hit only five of the twenty pins. I would assume that he would just have the option of the smallest ones.

"Well sir i don't know, i think i will take that bear of there" Mick said arrogantly. The sarcasm lingered on his face, as he rubbed his chin. He knew that he only had the choice of the small stuffed animals. And the way the pointed that rather large bear, the biggest bear on the shelf. You knew he was testing his limits, but that was mick. I chuckled under my breathe.

"Hey what if i gave you this small bear, and if you hit just one more i will give you a lollipop" The clerk man said. I laughed loudly now. Mick's eyes dimmed from his sarcastic bedazzled eyes before.

"Mick just pick a small bear, or somethin kay" I told mick. He gave his agitated look.

"Fine" He said, firmly. He snatched the bear from the shelf, and swiped a lollipop. That the clerk saw him do. And as the clerk smiled widely.

"Cheating bastard" Mick muttered. And put the stuffed animal under his arm.

"Mick you only got five, your lucky he let get something" I told mick. He rolled his eyes.

"Please those games are fixed" He said. I chuckled again. Max and johnny were running towards us, as mick and i were walking towards the bumper cars.

"How ya do'in ladies" I heard my frisky best friend hollering next to me. I sighed heavily.

"Jesus, Mick do you ever get ashamed" I asked, my hands massaging my temples.

"Ashamed...of who me, why last time i heard i was wonderful" He said, with humor in his voice. I couldn't help but laugh, you had to hand it to him at least he was optimistic.

"Yeah by your mother" Johnny called out. They were still behind us. I smiled, as we got to the bumper cars were stood and leaned in. Mick examined Tina the bubbly rather hollow headed blonde. Mick never went for the smart ones, always the easy, sleazy and dumb. So he would seem rather godly like compared to them.

"Hey baby i got this for ya" Mick called out. Showing her the miniature stuffed animal. Tina smiled widely, you could see her heavy chest rise.

"Aww mickey i love you" Tina also called out. She looked like a pin up girl in one of those playboy magazines. Her hair was pinned to the side, she wore a two piece outfit that looked more a bikini then actual causal clothes. A short like top that didn't even go to her belly button, and short skirt that just curled up under her butt. I shouldn't be paying this much attention to what she was wearing. But i was a man wasn't i.

"God" Mick muttered under he breathe before saying it back. "Love you to" He finished.

Johnny and max laughed. They obviously saw his reaction. And as i chuckled with them, i heard a distant rather musical laugh. I turned my smiling eyes. Red hair, bright eyes, beautiful smile. Was what i saw. But just the sound of her laugh made me heart plummet, my hands sweaty, my feet stuffed.

"Who is that" I asked, not really searching for an answer. Just admiring her face. She had soft pale skin to fragile to touch, her lips were a light shade of pink. She had her curly red hair pinned to the side, with a magical emerald butterfly brioche. The curls of hair just hung on her back and shoulders. She seemed so simple, but one of a kind. Like a different species of the female race.

"That's Anna Rose Smith" A female voice said; in a very discouraged tone. "Don't even think about it buster. She is what she is called the "untouchable". Her father has more money then the bank itself." The voice continued.

I turned and saw Minnie. She was johnny's sister. She had the same brown hair as him, but with honey brown eyes. She just turned sixteen, and to young for me. We were only four years apart, but i have thought about it. Her honey eyes dimmed out. I smiled at her, trying to
make her foul expression vanish. I kissed her on the cheek. Her hair was in one big ponytail.

"Hey May" I told her, she rolled her eyes.

"Who" Mick asked. Wanting to know of our previous conversation.

"Anna rose smith" Minnie replied. Micks eyes widened. Even johnny and max looked surprised. "I heard her and her mother talking in the store while i was helping mama, the girl walks on money" May said, she didn't seem to approve of my choice of attraction.

"Noah, always reaching for the stars" Mick said. He patted my back. I heard her laughter yet again. I turned my head, she was getting out of the bumper car. She walked under the big sign, her red hair bouncing on her shoulders. She smiled, behind her a man in a blue suit.

"She is pretty" Mick said. Let my heart thump an uneven rhythm, but i walked towards her.

"Would you like to dance" I asked her. Almost whispering to her. I was two inches from her face, she looked taken back. Her eyebrows hunched, as her forehead creased.

"NO" she almost shouted. She dispatched from her group of friends and walked right passed me. I heard my friends snicker and holler, from afar. I gave them a knowing look. And i tried again.I wouldn't give up, she was worth it. Everything, she was worth everything.

"Why not" I asked her. I was in front of her, blocking her away gain. Her eyes now that i could see them. Dazzled, like a lonely street light in the middle of a dark desecrated town. It was just blue an over shade of blue.

"Because i don't want to" She said. You could tell she wasn't from here. I basically knew everyone here, and she didn't have much of a southern accent. Now her eyes looked straight into mine, all i could see was cold frozen blue staring into my warm, liquid green ones.

"Anna would you like to dance" A man asked her, his hand was around her waist. She tore her eyes away from mine, looking up at him.

"I would love to" She said, her lips moved slowly. She smiled mischievously at and walked around me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
In love with this story. Hope you like. Bad ending tp the chapter, but it gets better. I hope you get a sense of the personalities of the characters. Which was what i was going for.

READ ~ COMMENT ~ SUSCRIBE