Status: :) please read intro and tell us what you think.

Innocent Beyond Belief

Chapter 2

I stood slowly from the hard plastic chair I was sat in from the time I reached this horrible destination. The male guard, who was sent for me, who asked me all the basic questions, had his hand on my elbow and was guiding me through the long corridors of the prison more gently than any other guard before him. I was a little worried about this and the electric pulse it was sending through all the nerves in my body.

He stops outside of one of the high-security wards in the west wing and pulls out a key card. He swipes it then bends down to let the retina scanner identify him as one of the guards here. I watch as the muscles in his back flex and move underneath his light-blue shirt. He stands with a grunt and pushes me, gently, through the double doors that just opened up. I walk a little awkwardly at first then straighten out my gait as we continue. I glance into other cells and see brutish looking women staring out at me. I sure hope the infirmary here is a good one, because if it isn't then I'll die fast for sure.

We stop in front of titanium door with three sets of locks going down the side and a small square window. "Is this my room?" I ask turning to look at him. He pushes my face forwards and apologizes "I'm sorry, but your not allowed to look the guards directly in the eyes here. But yes this is your cell." He pulls out three key cards and two keys. He also places his index finger on a pad and lets it scan it. I watch the whole process and decide I'm too dangerous to be trusted. I chuckle to myself and feel the arm that is still touching me stiffen. I must have shaken him up a little and this cracks me up even more. He turns around with his hand on his gun-belt and says "Are you sure your in the right place?" I nod looking down at his hand hoping he doesn't think enough to pull it out fully. "Oh alright then, just walk through please and stand still." he says still not moving his hand from the gun secured to his hips.

I do as I was directed and step into a closet like room. It sprays me down with a disinfectant and opens another door on the other side. I look back to the other door I entered in the first place and see it is closed once again. I look out the window and see the guard still looking after me. "I didn't even catch his name." I mumble to myself and walk through the door standing open for me. I see a male standing on the other side. I walk out and hear the voice belonging to him.

"Get the hell out of here Tyler. Nobody needs you and worthless guardliness." he says but in a feminine voice. I look and see that the face belonging to the man's body is girlie and then it hits me. That's a woman standing in front of me. "It's not Tyler." I mumble afraid to look the man-woman in the face for fear she'll pound me to death.

"Who the hell is it then?" The woman yells looking at me finally.

"M-my na-name's Kirsten." I stutter still glaring at the white shoes stuck on my feet.

"Then Kirsten is it? Get the hell out of my cell before I kill you." She screams oblivious to the bright orange suit I was clad in as well.

"I'm sorry miss, but I can't leave. This is my room too. My guard said so." I reply trying my hardest to sound sweet.

"I don't give a flying hoot about what Tyler says, this is my cell and I'm not sharing." She says spit flying from her mouth.

"Uh, can I ask what your name is?" I say trying to change the subject to one that doesn't anger her off so much.

"It's Natalia, and Tyler needs to get his ass back here, or he'll be taking another one away in a body bag." She says still angry. I frown and sit on the floor, which is the only place to sit.

&%*$#_

I watch the slender girl walk into the small chamber that is made to kill any damaging bacteria brought in from the outside and she her tremble a little as she walks through the door to the small cell, she's to share with another woman. I shake my head thinking of how wrong this is or seems, because for all I know that girl really did kill a man.

I turn on my heel and head to check on the two other prisoners I am supposed to keep watch over in Alcatraz. The way things work at this prison is each prisoner has their own guard, each guard has their own prisoner or prisoners. I have three: Kirsten, the only maximum security one, and then two others that have been convicted of crimes less harsh. Most guards work pretty much around the clock, but some of us, me for instances, get to go home every night because we have a night-shift drone to take care of our work for us. The drones are pretty much the same as guards but only more metal.

I look in on my other two charges and see that they're both at dinner eating and decide it's okay for me to take off. I leave the mess hall and go to the locker room, supplied specifically for guards like myself. I change into my civilian clothes and leave the facility. I get in my car and turn it on. "Welcome back Xavier." My car says "Destination is to where?"

"Home." I answer placing the auto-driver on. I sit back a relax a little while my car does most of the driving for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so two updates in one day, but one from each me and Kaitie. Comment and tell us what you think. Subscribe too, but only if you like it.
=) ♥ +jazzi