Status: Updates on Weekends.

She's a Lady

Mirror mirror on the wall. Watch me break and watch me fall.

“BITCHES I’M HOME!!” Michelle yelled bursting in the door with Val in tow. I was feeding Cadence.

“Who’s baby?” Val asked walking down the hallway. Michelle stopped in her tracks and stared at me.

“Mine…” I said looking down.

“WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!” Michelle and Val said simultaneously.

“Calm down, you’ll upset her!” I whisper yelled.

“WHY THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE A KID? DAAADDDDY!” Michelle yelled.

“I said shut the fuck up! I’ll explain to you in a minute! I just got her to sleep!” I whisper yelled back. Dad walked into the room looking tired.

“Hey dad; can you take Cadence for a minute? I have a feeling that those two are going to be very loud.” I asked.

“Huh? Oh yeah, sure.” He said.

“Do you care to explain why you have a kid?!” Val yelled once dad left the room.

“She’s not mine biologically. Calm the fuck down!” I said back.

“Then why do you have her?” Michelle asked.

“My one of my best friends, Nicolette, just recently died. Her fiancée died in combat when she found out she was pregnant. I am the only one listed as family, she never knew her parents. When she died the social worker came to me. I couldn’t say no to Cadence. Dad said he would help.” I explained, silent tears trickling down my face. It was silent. I heard the melody of the rain on the roof and the wind chimes in the distance. I remember Nicolette had wind chimes, she said it was her good luck charm to bring Jason, her fiancée home. The actual day he died, the chimes wouldn’t make any noise, no matter how windy it was. She cried because the beautiful pipes didn’t make any noise. He promised her that as long as there was air to move the chimes, he would fight to be alive. Even when there was no wind, the wind chimes would make the rare melody of a bleeding heart. She’s gone. She’s really gone. My mom was my rock that held me to the earth, and Nicolette was the rope that kept me in reality. Both of them are gone now, I’m left floating in the atmosphere with nothing but a sweet whisper of a memory to remember them by. I had Cadence as my new rope, but I don’t have a rock. I’m still floating. I hadn’t realized I was sobbing until I felt arms wrapping around me.

“Oh honey! I’m sorry.” Michelle cried. Dad walked into the room and handed me Cadence. I clutched Cadence like she was the last breath on earth. I saw Jason’s grey eyes and Nikky’s facial structure, but Jason’s hair.

“She looks so much like them. When Jason died, it was like losing a brother. I see both of them in Cadence and I’m so confused. Why does fate hate them? Why does Cadence have to grow up without her biological parents? Why-“ I wailed before my sobbing made it impossible to hear the words.

“Shh baby girl, its okay. It will get better.” Dad comforted. “Let’s get Cadence to her crib before she wakes up.”

“Alright.” I murmured walking to the room that was connected with mine. “Goodnight little angel, hope will come soon.”I kissed her forehead. “I love you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello my lovelies. It is currently 3:56 in the morning and I just wrote this chapter; sorry for anything that I missed when i was editing.

SPECIAL THANKS TO:

Synlicious

for making the lovely banner that you see on the summary page.

Comment, subscribe, you know the deal...

I LOVE YOU ALL!!