Status: Updates on Weekends.

She's a Lady

I'm sorry for your loss.

I walked inside to see my dad standing awkwardly with a lady in a suit sitting on the couch drinking coffee.

“Dad, what’s wrong?” I asked confused.

“This lady claims to have something important to say to you.” He said glaring at her.

“Are you Melody?” she asked putting the cup down.

“Yes. What do you need?”

“I’m from social services in New York. Your friend Nicolette was in a car accident and passed away. I checked her records and you are the only one listed as family.” She said with a sad look. I covered my mouth to quiet the sobs.

“What about Cadence?” I asked once I pulled myself together.

“Her daughter? She is to be left under your care, you are as I said the only one listed. Can you take her in?” The lady said.

“Of course. I wouldn’t leave her in foster care.”

“Do you need to talk this over with you father?” She asked looking at my confused father.

“Who is Nicolette and Cadence?” he asked confused.

“Nicolette was one of my best friends. She was 24. She was like an older sister to me; she always took care of me. Her fiancée died during combat about the time that she found out she was pregnant. She had Cadence on February 25th. Cadence is about 5 months old. I can’t put her into foster care daddy! Nicolette took care of me when mom was working! She would want me to pay her back this way! Daddy please!” I said, tears streaming down my face.

“Of course. When you put it that way, I have no problem with you taking care of Nyx. I will help you.” He agreed.

“Here are the adoption papers. Sign here, here, and here.” She said pointing to the spots.

“Cadence Harmony is now under your care, I will call my co-worker to bring her in.” she said taking out her phone. Her co worker walked in holding baby Cadence who started crying. He held her out to me.

“Shhh, shhh baby girl it’s alright, I’m here, I’m here.” I said rocking her. Dad smiled.

“I will be back in a few months to check up on Cadence. By the way my name is Mary.” The social worker said when her and her co worker walked out.

“Well it looks like we need some supplies. We can tell everyone at dinner tonight. You can tell your friends tomorrow.”

“Alright, lets go get supplies before someone gets here.” I said once Cadence fell asleep in my arms.

“She’s so cute! You will be a great mother, Melody, even if she isn’t your daughter.” Dad said, he then kissed my forehead and then ran his finger down Cadence’s cheek, then walked to get his wallet. I smiled thinking about being Zacky’s girlfriend. I wonder how he is going to react to her?
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is why! Check the Characters for baby Cadence's picture.

Does someone want to make me a banner?

How do you think Zack should react?

Please comment!

-M