Dark Beauty

Teasing

Andreas loved the sparkle in Layla’s eyes as she inspected the limo. That he had given her that pleasure was even better. You gave her pleasure, now it is time to take yours, the beast spoke up. It wanted her. It would destroy her. He forced the evil consciousness away from him and contented himself with watching her. It was killing him to do it. He wanted her. He needed her. How were you able to restrain yourself Julian? I do not know if I will be able to control myself much longer.

It is because you are a child, Julian said simply. You never had to learn patience when you had no emotions because it was unnecessary. Now however, it is all different.

A comforting thought of course, Andreas replied sarcastically.

Just wait until you gain your new sense of humor; our conversations will become far more interesting. The last time you had a sense of humor, I did not, Julian said cheerfully.

I feel that I should be very afraid of this Julian Savage. But a question if I may, when do you expect to arrive here?

Two days, maybe three, Andreas could almost see the man shrug. Just make sure that she doesn’t get taken by any vampires until I arrive.

Before Andreas could even consider replying, Julian had severed the connection between the two of them leaving Andreas to grind his teeth in his annoyance. The older Carpathian was mocking him, of that Andreas was certain. Andreas turned his attention back to Layla. She had been carefully watching him. As their eyes met, she blushed and quickly looked away. Andreas chuckled softly. He liked the blush that had overcome her so quickly. He admired it shamelessly with a smirk dancing across his lips.

“This is still really weird,” Layla spoke up at last.

“And why is that?” Andreas asked.

“I never thought you’d exist,” Layla said as if it should have been obvious.

“How do you think it is for me Layla? Our race is dying. I never believed that I would be found worthy of a lifemate.”

Layla smiled. “I like the idea of being your lifemate.”

“Than maybe I should bind us now,” Andreas suggested moving towards her.

Layla’s face turned bright red and her breath left her throat in a rush. “I-I can’t,” she forced the whisper out. The words hurt Andreas more than he would let her know though. “I have my family...my friends...school...work. I know those things might seem trivial to you, but they’re important to me.”

Andreas took Layla’s hand. “Whatever is important to you is important to me meine Seele. Your happiness and safety are above all things.” Her skin was soft and warm in his hands. He wanted to kiss it, to taste it. The beast roared struggling against its chains. It wanted her. It wanted to feel the ecstasy of being with her. Andreas ruthlessly beat it down, but could tell by the look in Layla’s eyes that she had seen that hunger.

“No,” she whispered.

“Do not fear Layla,” Andreas whispered letting Layla’s hand go reluctantly. “I will never hurt you. You are far too precious to me for that.”

“But what if you couldn’t control the...the beast?” She asked her voice soft and trembling.

Andreas put clasped her chin and lifted her face to his. “I would kill myself before I hurt you,” he promised before kissing her. She was soft and innocent. It was beyond anything he had ever felt before. If he were a lesser man, the beast would have been able to control him at these moments when his lips met hers. He lost himself in the feel of her. She tasted so sweet. He remembered again why he felt so unworthy of her. No one deserved someone so beautiful and angelic.

When he broke the kiss she was trembling slightly and her eyes were closed. The long black lashes rested against her high cheeks. He knew she was trying to find herself again. He could understand it. She was a wonderful, glorious creature. If their kisses affected her half as much as they affected him, it was a wonder that she was able to think again.

“You really shouldn’t be allowed to do that,” she finally whispered half opening her eyes.

Andreas chuckled. “Oh, but I like to do that Layla. And I believe that you like it too.” He leaned down and kissed her again for the sheer joy of it. She would be his soon. He would never lose her. He would never leave her. He loved her. No one would take her away from him. He needed her more than life itself. He was glad that God had decided that he was worthy of this woman. No other woman would ever do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the time that I decided to give up ever wanting to think again was about the time that Andreas stopped kissing me. That resolve got blown out the window. “That really should be outlawed,” I insisted breathily after a moment. Andreas laughed, masculine and smug to the last.

“I think it goes quite nicely,” Andreas said grinning wickedly.

I blushed about ten different shades of red and smacked his arm. “Bad Alpha male.”

Andreas looked at me for a moment before laughing again. “Ah my little neko, such a thing would never stop me. But the fact that we have arrived at our destination just might.”

I looked out the limo’s darkened window and saw what Andreas was talking about. My jaw dropped. I would worry about retrieving it later. What I was seeing was far too important for such silliness as all that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Subscriptions?

And as my belated Valentine's day gift: TWO CHAPTERS AT ONCE!