Let's Follow Through With This Reckless Dream

But I'm Smiling At Everything;

"Damn it! What do I do?..." I whispered, dabbing Jack's face with a wet wash cloth as I sat on the edge of the couch with him as Jasey watched me.

"Maybe he's just a little tired." She said as I gave her a crazy look.

"I knew I shouldn't of told him!" I whisper-yelled as Alex came in the back door with Rian.

"It's been thirty minutes if he doesn't wake up in ten we're taking him to the ER." Rian said as I rolled my eyes.

"Just give him some time." I said.

"Come on, Jasey. Let's let the she-devil be." Alex said, rolling his eyes as I gave him a hurtful look.

"Oh, stop being a pussy and move on with your life." Alex chuckled, tugging on Jasey's wrist as she groaned and they both walked off to the kitchen.

"Jack, babe...It's me, Max." I said, shaking him and patting my hand on his chest.

I watched his eyes as they fluttered under his eyelids and he started to stir.

"Jack?" I said as he peeped his eyes open and put his hand in front of his eyes to block the light that was coming in from the back door.

"What happened?" He croaked as I got closer to his face so he wouldn't have to squint.

He relaxed his eyes as I put some of my hair behind my ear.

"Jack...I'm pregnant." I whispered as his innocent brown eyes popped out of his sockets.

"You're what?!" He yelled out as I backed up away from him. Taken by surprise.

Jasey came out of the kitchen as I got up from the couch. Jack was sweating and he looked scared as fuck.

"So I wasn't dreaming?" He whispered to himself as I gulped and looked over at Alex who broke out into laughter, making his beer slosh in his red plastic cup.

"I'm sorry, Jasey, babe. But me and Rian have to go outside." Alex laughed as they went out back with everybody else as I stood there staring at Jack with concern.

"Come on, Jack. It's not that bad..." I whispered as Jasey put her arm around my shoulders.

"Yeah, Jack...Just think about it. You'll have a little family of your own." Jasey smiled as I forced one.

"Remember? You said you wanted a mini Jack Barakat." I said as he met my eyes with me and he started to calm down.

"Jasey, you mind if I talk to Max alone?" Jack said as I looked at Jasey who smiled and nodded, heading out back as Jack eased up from the couch and stumbled over to me as I helped him catch his balance.

"Max..." He paused, putting some of my hair behind my ear as he cupped my face with his hands.

"I just wanted you to be happy and okay with this." I whispered as he placed his lips softly onto mine, making me wrap my arms around his neck as he wrapped his around my thin waist...well, not for long it won't be thin.

"I am happy and I am okay with this." He said, coming up for air as he pressed his forehead up against mine and I kissed his nose.

"Really?" I said as a smile pulled at my lips and tears filled my eyes.

"Really." He replied with a smirk as a tear rolled down my cheek.

"What about when you passed out?" I pouted.

"I was just a little freaked out, Max. You shouldn't be surprised. I mean look at me....I'm Jack." He chuckled as a giggle escaped my lips.

"True." I smiled as he picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his thin waist.

"I love you." I giggled as he kissed me and tightened his grip on my thighs.

"I love you more." He smirked.

"No! I love you more." I continued to giggle as I kissed his neck and he held me tighter.

"PDA! PDA!" Alex yelled coming inside as I rolled my eyes and Jack let go of me, snaking his arm around my waist and pulling me closer to him as I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Shut up, dick face!" Jack yelled as I laughed.

We heard Alex say something from kitchen that we couldn't quite make out. Me and Jack gave each other a confused look as he bent down and looked over his shoulder at me.

"Hop on." He grinned as I smiled and hopped on his back as he grabbed my legs and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

I grabbed Jack's hat and put it on my head sideways as he carried me outside to where people started to congratulate us about me being pregnant...It felt so weird and different. I mean who would've thought I, Maxine Willem would be pregnant? It's insane.

I saw Jasey talking to Sasha as Jack put me down and I walked over to her and sat on her lap as she groaned.

"How much do you weigh, bitch?!" She yelled out as I blushed and my mouth parted slightly. Sasha started to laugh as I gulped and looked down at my thin stomach.

"Um..." I didn't know what to say.

"I'm kidding, Max! Damn. Take a joke? You weigh as much as a marshmellow...I doubt you'll ever get bigger." Jasey chuckled as I rolled my eyes and looked up at the sky.

"But I'm pregnant." I sighed as she nudged me and rolled her pretty crystal blue eyes.

"Max, I've been pregnant...I mean it's not that big of a deal. All you do is throw up mainly every morning, get these awful strange cravings, ankles and hands start to swell...Oh, yeah! And those dumb ass mood swings..." She said, shaking her head as her black bangs fell in her eyes.

My mouth gaped open.

"Max, you took a gun shot in the stomach for me...And you barely even cried. And you're a skateboarder. Come on. This will be like a prick of the finger. That simple." Jasey winked as my mouth continued to hang open.

"A prick of the finger?" I repeated as she nodded and Sasha gave me a look of concern.

"Jasey..." I paused as Jack came up to me with his eyes wide and I stood up off Jasey's lap and went over to him as everyone stared at us.

"I can't do this!" Me and Jack yelled out at the same time as everything became silent.

"I'm in love with a stripper!" Alex sang, coming out of the patio door as Jasey cocked her eyebrow up at him and his mouth parted slightly.

"Well,well,well, if it isn't Jack and Max. The parent's-to-be..." Alex smiled, coming over to us as I rolled my eyes.

"Jack, I get really bad mood swings and cravings and my ankles swell!" I yelled out.

"Max, I have to deal with all of that shit! And plus I just realized I am not ready to be a dad! I mean look at me and how immature I am! I still make dick jokes and make fun of how crooked Alex's penis is!" Jack shouted as Alex stood there, his face turning red as I looked at Alex with my eyes popping out of my sockets as he pushed Jack in the pool.

"Alex! How dare you do that to him! Your penis is crooked!" I yelled out as I heard laughs from all around and I grabbed Alex's cup of beer and poured it over his head as he gave me a dirty look.

"Max! Stop!" I heard Jasey yell as I pushed Alex forward and hit Alex in the ass with my foot as he fell into the pool.

I brushed my hands off and smiled to myself as I helped Jack out of the pool and grabbed him a towel, wrapping it around his shoulders as he gave me a half smile.

"We can do this...don't you worry, Jackiepoo. I have got everything-." I was cut off as I screamed. I felt Alex's hand around my ankle as he dragged me into the pool, making me hit my head on the side of it as my head started to bleed and everything became a blur as I sunk under water...

Max's Dream:

"Push, Max! You can do it! Come on!" I heard someone yell as I looked to my right to see Chris smiling big at me and Jack on the other side of me and then down at my feet I saw...Freddie.

I heard a baby's cry as Freddie gave me a satisfied look and then Freddie disappeared and in place of him was an average looking doctor.

He took my baby away as I felt Chris and Jack let go of my hands as they disappeared. I was in tears and sweating like crazy.

"Mrs. Barakat?" I heard the doctor say as I cocked my eyebrow and looked up at him.

Did I already get married?

"I'm sorry...we're afraid to tell you this but your baby didn't make it..."

My heart started beating fast as I screamed out of control and grabbed the sides of the hospital bed.

"No! No! No!" I continued to scream over and over again...

"N! No! No! No! No! No!...."


My eyes flew open as I shot up in bed. I was in a hospital room surrounded by four white walls and a TV playing on a low volume.

Jack was holding onto my hand and he was sleeping.

I relaxed back in bed and thought about what happened before I was in here but I couldn't remember...

I felt Jack's thumb rub across the back of my hand as I looked over at him with scared eyes. He got up in bed beside me as I laid my head on his shoulder, breathing into the crook of his neck.

"What happened?" I sobbed.

"You hit your head pretty bad...Well, Alex...made you hit your head." Jack whispered in my ear as I gulped.

"How did he do that?" I whimpered.

"It's a long story. I'll tell you later when you're more awake." Jack whispered.

"Is the baby okay?" I asked him, looking in his eyes as he cocked his eyebrow at me.

"I'm pretty sure, Max." He said as I nodded and he petted my hair back and kissed my forehead.

"You'll be okay...I won't let anything happen to you." I heard him say.

I nodded again. Because I knew Jack always kept his word...
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww. Well anyways! Thank you all for commenting!
WE REALLY REALLY LOVE AND APPRECIATE THE FEEDBACK!
Love & Rockets, Faith (Faye) <3