Status: New and I LOVE IT!

Fire And Fifth

Prologue.

Slowly my head rested against my arms, the smell of cleaner on the desk wasn't soothing enough to the headache I was feeling. I was unbearably exhausted, and I didn't know how much longer I could last doing this routine. School, the Circle, with little food and sleep as possible. School wasn't even remotely important to the Circle, as long as I wasn't a dumb ass then I was fine.

The back of my neck tickled slightly, a feeling that I know someone like me was walking into the room. When my head lifted up, I saw through my eyes that it was not someone like me. Instead it was a girl with pale ivory skin and pink lips, her black hair was like a long curtain down her back and over her shoulders. She was staring at me with deep green eyes, and she looked completely normal. Black long sleeved shirt that fitted to her torso, dark jeans, and extremely black converse. I found her shoes interesting, because she couldn't have bought them here in Durham.

She had to have been new here, she felt like a new toy with a quiet confidence that startled me. I was the only one that noticed it, but in the way she moved I saw strength I rarely saw in anyone. I knew it was shunned to even consider being interested in anyone outside of the Circle, but I was completely pulled in.

"Students, we have here Olivia Green, who transferred from Evergreen High to our own DCHS!" Mr. Mac called out enthusiastically, giving that strange girl, Olivia, a big, broad grin. A grin that resembled the length and gruffness of his shoulders. Mr. Mac was a big man who had ties to match his shirts, and really nice shoes. He was gray and balding, with a small bushy beard coming right off his chin. I didn't particularly like him, since he wasn't the kind of teacher you could get away with sleeping in his class. He was the kind of Social Studies teacher that liked group activities and putting us in social situations that I absolutely disliked.

Switching back to Olivia, who didn't seem to flinch or look back at the class as they threw paper ball greetings to welcome her to the classroom. It offended them when she just sat stiff, like she didn't want to be here. I was surprised, since Durham Community High School was a much better school then Evergreen, appearance and academics both. But maybe I was misinterpreting her reactions.

After that, all I could do was watch the back of her head, which moved very little as she aimless doodled on a piece of notebook paper. It was a good day to do that, since Mr. Mac was showering us with information off a powerpoint slide he wasted all week until this morning to put together. When the bell rang, she and I were the last out of class, because I was waiting for her to stand. It seemed like she would never move, so I blew out a sigh and stood up with my backpack slung over one shoulder. Then she stood up, giving me this awkward smile like she knew I was watching her, or at least that's what I feared she knew.
♠ ♠ ♠
Check the characters page to see what characters look and back ground stories and shtuff.
Comments and subs o'ppreciated.