Status: On hiatus.

People Always Leave

Three Things Can Not Be Hidden Long, The Sun, The Moon, & The Truth

I sighed after hanging up with the 5th flower shop in town; all of them were out of red roses. I couldn’t believe that Sid had waited till the day before to tell me he needed flowers sent to 7 different houses. The feeling of rage began to take over me; I was so angry & annoyed by the fact that I would be spending my Valentine ’s Day being lonely just like Sid. On second thought, he might not be that lonely. With what, 7 girls on his speed dial.

“Hello?” I answered my buzzing phone without thinking twice & not bothering to see who was calling.

“Hey Amanda, I was just calling to see if we were on for tonight.” I heard a familiar voice on the other end of the phone, it was Max.

“I’m sorry” I said sinking back into the couch. “I have so much to do, it’s really not a good night.” I explained receiving silence from the other end. “I have to be up at 7 in the morning.”

“It’s no big deal, rain check?”

“Sure thing.” I said with a smile.

“Try Wesley Berry Flowers, they always have red roses.” He stated as my jaw began to drop.

“How did you know?” I asked

“Well I wasn’t actually sure, but he sends them every year & I kind of figured he was Jealous, & that was the reason he made you do it instead of him.” He explained as I wondered if Sid really didn’t want me & Max to hang out.

“Thanks Max.”

“No problem Amanda, have a nice night.” He said before hanging up the phone, I didn’t even get to ask him what he meant by Sid being “Jealous” I quickly pushed the thought to the back of my mind as I rolled my eyes before picking up the phone book. I had to find the number for Wesley Berry Flowers, before it was too late.

I woke up the next morning to the sound of my alarm and a light knocking at my front door. “Hold on, be right there” I screamed as I hit snooze & jumped out of bed throwing on a light pink robe & making sure my hair looked decent before answering the door. “Max?” I asked surprised to see him holding a single red rose & two cups of coffee.

“Can I come in?” He asked with a smile after we stood in silence for a moment.

“Of course” I replied stepping aside so he could get through.

“Here” I said simply as he handed me the flower & a coffee.

“Thank you.” I said with a smile before shutting the door behind him. “Not to be rude or anything, but what exactly are you doing here?”

“Helping you deliver the roses…” He said causing my jaw to drop once more in pure shock, how the hell did he know this stuff. “Look, I know that Wesley Berry doesn’t deliver & I also know where all of these girls live so instead of you getting lost trying to find these houses I figured I would help a girl out. What do you think?”

“Uhm..” I honestly didn’t know what to say, I was speechless.

“Alright then, let’s go.” He said before lightly nudging me “Go get dressed; we have a long day ahead of us.” He said as I made my way towards my room.

After picking up the 7 dozen flowers that I had ordered per Sidney’s request we made our way down the parkway to our first stop, Terra’s house.

“Max?” I asked causing him to look at me as we got out of the car flowers in hand.

“Yes?” He wondered aloud as I paused for a moment thinking of how I should word what I was going to say.

“What did you mean when you said Sid was Jealous?” I asked not making eye contact as I waited for him to walk around the car.

“Well, you’re the closest he has been to a girl since…” he trailed off “since Morgan” He finished as we started up the sidewalk.

“Morgan?” I said a bit confused.

“His ex-girlfriend from Nova Scotia, they were together for a while, needless to say she cheated.” He filled me in on the subject that Sara didn’t dare touch. I didn’t understand how I was the first girl he had been close to since her when he had 7 women on the side. Max knocked lightly on the door when an older but beautiful woman answered. “Terra?” I asked with a smile.

“No, hold on I’ll go get her.” She said with a smile as she walked away leaving the door cracked open. I didn’t understand until she came to the door.

“Hi I’m Terra” A little girl no older than 10 with blue eyes & rosy cheeks said cheerfully. I was in shock as I handed the roses over to a little girl with no hair. She was a cancer victim, I was soon to find out they were all cancer victims.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finallyyy, right??? Pens training camp started this weekend, Sid looked absolutely stunning, maybe its cause I hadn't seen him in person all summer... haha.

Anyway, hockey season is just about here & hockey inspires me like crazy.
Comment & expect updates :)