Status: Incomplete

Memories That Fade Like Photographs

Draw me a map, and tell me to come home to you.

It was a warm day, the sun was shining the birds were singing. It seemed as if this was going to be a good day. My trip to Pittsburgh was going to be good along with possibly seeing Kris for the first time in years. Thinking about the past and everything that had happened, and now throwing Carter into the mix made me second guess my decision to take the Job in Pittsburgh.

*****************************************************
I had so much on my mind, my thoughts were all jumbled. Me and Kris were going out to dinner tonight, I was looking forward to it. I needed him, especially at a time like this just finding out I was pregnant. I Heard the doorbell ring and ran down the stairs being very careful not to fall. When i opened the door, there was the boy of my dreams with a dozen red roses. I immediately pulled him into me hugging him as tight as I could. He smelt so good, I took a great big whiff. I gave him a kiss and told him to come up to my room while I finished getting my stuff together. In my room he sat down on the bed and patted next to him. I made my way to the bed sitting down.

"I have something I need to say to you." Kris said with a tone that worried me a bit.

"I have something to tell you too, you can go first though." I said still trying to keep a smile on my face. I was going to tell him that I was pregnant.

"Okay I know this is going to be really hard for you to hear, but over the past few days I have been thinking, and I Don't love you anymore" When those words came out of Kris' mouth my mind went blank, my body was numb. I burst into tears. I didn't understand, I thought we were in love. What had I done wrong, All I ever did was treat him right and love him with all of myself. Kris' hand made it's way to my face wiping away a tear.

"Don't touch me!" I yelled jumping up from my bed and walking to the door opening it.

"I'm so sorry Jessica, I didn't mean to hurt you." Kris said standing and walking to where I was, hugging me.

"You didn't mean to hurt me, did you really just say that?, Just leave, ....Go!" I yelled tears in my eyes as I pushed him out of my bedroom and down the stairs, opening the front door for him. I watched as the boy I loved walked away to his car, and as he drove down the road I watched the tail lights in the rain. Somehow, and very painfully I was sure, my life would continue. With or without Kris...Right?

*********************************************

After a long debate in my head, and countless times of taking my bags out of the car I made my decision and it was final. I Threw my last bag in the trunk, slamming it shut. I was going to Pittsburgh and continuing my life the way I wanted too. I ran into the house to get Carter and Britt so we could leave, It was a long drive, 11 hours to be exact, It was already 9 o'clock and I wanted to try and get there before it was too late. I walked into the kitchen to see Britt giving my mom an envelope.

"What's that for?" I asked curiously, getting closer as my mother shoved it under her arm.

"Just something I have to send in to my work." Britt explained grabbing her phone and ipod off the counter walking out of the kitchen. "Let's go." She shouted as I heard the screen door shut loudly.

"Bye mom" I hugged her tightly and gave her a kiss.

"Be careful, drive safe and call me as soon as you get there, so I know you made it there safe." She said handing me a stack of cash. "Just to be sure you have enough" she smiled kissing me on the forehead.

"I love you." I said walking out of the kitchen, nearing the door I heard her yell to me. "I love you too." I turned and smiled at her. Once I made it out to the car I made sure Carter was strapped in tight and had his Nintendo DS to keep him busy. But Before getting into the car I took one last look at the House I was raised in, I had so many memories in this house, good and bad.

The first 500 miles went by pretty fast, stopping as few times as possible to get some gas, get something to eat and use the restroom. Carter was either sleeping or playing his Nintendo DS, I think he only asked me once if we were almost there. We were in Pennsylvania now and I could feel we were getting close. Ninety miles outside Pittsburgh, I couldn't stop driving, I don't know why. Five years later and He was still on my mind. I thought about what he would say or what he would think when he saw me for the first time in years. The last 90 miles seemed to drag on, but as we neared I could see the beautiful city, I was mesmerized, the pictures I saw didn't do it justice. When we reached the apartment we quickly got our stuff out of the car and into the apartment. I needed to get some sleep it was late and I was very tired from the long drive. Setting down the keys to the car on the counter in the kitchen I remembered that on the way here I got a phone call. I checked my phone to see that I had a new voice mail. It was Ray Shero the Penguins General Manager telling me he needed me to be at the Mellon Arena at 7 o'clock sharp on Monday.

"Shit!" I exclaimed. Tomorrow was Monday, I didn't think I would be starting until next week, I thought I would have time to get settled here in Pittsburgh, But I guess God had other plans for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I know this took a long time to update but I'm kinda cramming to get school work done. I graduate in less than a month woo lol

Anyway comment please :)

7/14
14 comments for the next chapter, I know you can do it!

Ooh and one more thing Join my Hockey Player song fic contest; Here!