‹ Prequel: 2nd Intermissions
Status: Completed! Please comment! <3

Blue Paint & Red Lights

My big green tractor

Antti rested his thumb against his lips, focusing on the setting sun as the speeding train passed multitudes of farmland. Adam Burish's words rung in his ears.
"Make it short, sweet, and heartfelt. I have a feeling it hasn't happened in awhile." Adam had said.
When other passengers glanced over at the man, they wondered where he was headed to. As Antti's train passed Pingree Road, he clicked off the small mp3 player she had left behind. He knew what he was going to do and it was settled in his mind as he brushed off his best dress clothes.

---
I grabbed the dress out of the back of my car and rushed into the house.
"Found one?" My mother asked from her permanent place at the kitchen table. She knew about my recent struggle. Sam had told me the dance tonight in the gym was formal so as soon as the basketball games ended, I sped to the nearest store. I nodded at her before I raced up the stairs and began to change.
The pantyhose I slid on was black and slightly sheer, so it formed to my legs perfectly before I pulled the dress on over my head and zipped it. It was dark blue and the only non-sheath dress I could find that fit over my bust. I grabbed the heels I just bought and jammed them onto my feet in a rush. I finally slowed before I exited my room and took time to look myself over in the mirror. Smoothing my hand over the midnight blue silk and sucking in my gut slightly, I nodded to myself, content with the elegance of my outfit.

When I finally arrived, I was twenty minutes late and the sun had gone down considerably. The gym was sectioned off to make the dance seem intimate for the small crowd. As I made my way around the small section, I searched for my group and found cute Sami and mysterious Tim then looked over to see Sam and her long-term boyfriend. Walking over purposefully, I was stopped short by a man in a very sharp shirt and tie.
"Dance with me?" The song was upbeat and I looked skeptically at Andrew.
"Come on, we used to be friends." He attempted to convince me and I shrugged. He was strange as ever in his movements, not having a clue in his lack of dancing skills. Finally the song ended and a slow song began.

"Again? For old times sake."

I just nodded, trying to find a quick getaway before his hands rested on my hips.
"I believe she's mine to dance with." I turned quickly and my eyes met ice blue ones.
"Antti." I was ashamed at how breathless I sounded. His arms opened and I literally threw myself into them. The period of time we had spent apart was more stressful than road trips. "Hey." Antti whispered into my hair as he engulfed me in his arms that were covered with a freshly pressed light blue dress shirt. My face registered the feeling of the silk tie. We parted and I admired his outfit. Dark slacks and a tie that was a shade darker than the blue of my dress. "You look amazing." Antti brought his hand up to lightly touch a strand of hair that had fallen out of the updo I had.
"This is cute, but are you going to dance with her? Because I will." Andrew insisted.

I turned quickly and shot, "He's my husband, he can take up as much of my dance card as he wants." Andrew looked angry and did a laugh that was supposed to bother me and left. No dignity in that kid, I guess.
I spun on my heel and Antti quickly grabbed my waist. "Dance with me?"
I just nodded my head and a smile spread across my face, causing one to tug at his.
"Is everything going to be okay?" I asked, shyly looking at the knot of his tie that was slightly crooked.
"As long as you still love me." Came his soft reply as the song closed and we stilled.
"Of course I do."
"Good." The next song began and Antti smiled, taking a deep breath. My head cocked, wondering what he was about to do. He reached for my hand and fingered the wedding ring that encircled my finger. The song was well into the first verse before he began to speak.
"Hey soul sister,
ain't that Mister Mister on the radio, stereo
The way you move ain't fair ya know
Hey soul sister,
I don't wanna miss a single thing you do tonight."

I started to giggle as Antti continued to sing the song quietly, a deep blush on his cheeks.
"My heart is bound to beat right out my untrimmed chest
I believe in you, like a virgin, you're Madonna
And I'm always gonna wanna blow your mind."
Antti looked extremely uncomfortable singing so I decided to save him from his small act of love and leaned forward, kissing and silencing him. He pressed into my kiss and I hummed the tune through our locked lips. Antti was the first to pull back and lowered his face so he meaningfully stared into my eyes. I was slightly entranced, like a snake with a charmer as he continued, "You're the only one I'm dreaming of
You see I can be myself now finally
In fact there's nothing I can't be
I want the world to see you'll be with me."

I chuckled and leaned in close, planting a kiss on the tip of his nose.
"I love you too." I whispered.
Antti ceased singing and smiled wide at me. "Are you ready to have fun, country style?" I asked him, giggling as the song changed and it began with a twangy guitar chord.
"I thought fourwheeling was country style fun." Antti said, grabbing my hands and pushing me away then pulling me back in close. I just shook my head and listened closely to the song.

"I can sing badly too." Smiling, I picked up soon on the country hit that the DJ was blasting.
"Baby whatcha say we go pickin' wildflowers?
Got a spot way back in the woods.
Sneak away for a couple of hours,
You and me baby, pickin' wildflowers."
I moved my shoulders to the tune and helped Antti try and dance to a genre he had never ventured to dance to before. I smiled and continued, remembering this song from when I was a teenager.
"Let's buzz around, maybe do some pollinating,
Dive on in like honey bees."
I quickly finished, saving Antti from having to listen to much more of my singing. His hands were on my hips and I swayed them, moving them to the sound of the song winding down.
Before the next could start up, I heard a high-pitched voice shouting, "BIG GREEN TRACTOR!" and soon more joined the voice and I agreed vocally, "Big Green Tractor!"
"What is that?" Antti asked and I smiled as the slow beginning started and the females in the room cheered.

"A country song that's perfect for this little town. Shh." I pressed my finger against his lips softly and laid a kiss on them before lacing my hands behind his neck. Antti fell into the comfortable position and swayed with me as I whispered the lyrics to him.
"We can take a ride on my big green tractor, we can go slow, or baby go faster. Down through the woods and out through the pasture, as long as I'm with you, it really don't matter."
Antti laughed and rested his forehead against mine and I silenced as we swayed in a circle, eyes boring into each others. The song ended and another country tune began.
"More?" He smiled at me.
"Welcome to a normal rural town, Antti. Shh, I love this one. I'm dedicating this to you, okay?" I smiled back, playful as the song started and I waited until the chorus to mouth the words to him, our foreheads still resting together and us swaying to a slightly more up-beat song.
"That's alright, I'm okay, it ain't nothing but another day. Only god knows where I'll be if you ever stop loving me."
Antti leaned forward and kissed me full on the lips, pressing his fingertips into my hips.
I made a noise and parted before laughing. "Calm down. Later, yeah?"
He just nodded and I added, "It's what married couples do." Antti glanced over my shoulder and asked, "Are you going to introduce me to your friends, or are they going to have to keep staring?"

I jumped slightly, forgetting about them. "Yeah, come here!" I pulled away and linked hands with him, leading Antti over to where Sam and Sami were nursing water bottles.
"Guys, this is Antti. Antti, this is Sam," I gestured to the curly haired brunette and continued, "and this is Sami. Slightly confusing, I know." I tilted my head towards Sami, who looked elegant in a black dress.
"Nice to meet you two." Antti was polite as always, opting to formally shake their hands. Sam smiled wide at me and then looked over to Antti, "My boyfriend and Sami's husband are over by the water, would you be a doll and get your wife one? She looks parched."
Antti threw a questioning look at me and I answered him with a 'please?' face. He smiled at all of us and excused himself, walking over to the table that was set with rows of bottles.

"He's cute." Sam said as soon as he was out of earshot.
"Nice. Speaks better English then he lets on in interviews." Sami added, nodding.
"How do you know?" Sam looked over at her with an eyebrow raised. Sami just sighed and answered, "Tim's mother?"
Sam just made her mouth into an 'o' and dropped it. Sami's mother-in-law was a die-hard Blackhawks fan. She still has pictures of her meeting the '83 roster and sitting in Savard's lap. We glanced over at Antti walking back towards us, their significant others in tow.
"I approve." Sam said before he was too close for private conversation.
I replied as he handed me the cold water bottle and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"So do I."
♠ ♠ ♠
Really really sorry that it took so long. :(

But no worries! This isn't the end! I'm predicting four or more chapters left.
Also, someone reported my story for not using paragraphs- sooooo, if any of you have suggestions, feel free to tell me!

Anyway, more comments, faster updates! Love you guys, comment comment comment!

Songs used in this chapter:
Hey Soul Sister http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVpv8-5XWOI
Pickin' Wildflowers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m7aMk5C1qU
Big Green Tractor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrZoJoajBD0
If You Ever Stop Lovin' Me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI9NtR9wWrY

Yay, country music time!
COMMMMMMENT <3