Status: short hiatus; hang with us.

Everything I Ask For

I Can't Find The Words To Say Goodbye

Garrett

I was half heartedly happy for Don and Ash, but the other half, i feel like i should’ve been the person who did that to Ashley, but hey, that’s what friends are for, even if it means breaking my own heart.

I went out of the cafe, couldn’t even bare to look at my 2 bestfriends being together, i needed to have some time alone. I drove out to the park where the 3 of us used to get together and crawled inside one of the tunnels. My heart felt like it was punching me in the gut for doing the wrong thing, though my mind tells me it was for the best.

I think i fell asleep in the tunnel because before i knew it, it was already dark. I checked my phone to see there was nothing there, Ashley usually would’ve called me, but i guessed everything changed. I headed back to my car and was on my way home.

Halfway home my phone started ringing, without checking the ID i answered it.

“hello?”

“Garrett, i need your help” Donovan? Why would he be calling me.

“what’s the problem Don?”

“it’s Ashley, she just started to burst into tears, i don’t know what i should do, i know i’m the boyfriend and everything, but please come over, i’m at Ashley’s” i abbruptly stopped the car and turned around, i drove all the way to Ashley’s house.

I knocked on the door once i arrived and Donovan opened the door with a panicked look on his face. He was babbling about something i couldn’t understand.

“wait, slow down Don, i’m not going anywhere.” I said putting my hands on his shoulders. Donovan took a deep breath and i was impatiently waiting for him to start.

“okay, i don’t know. She fell asleep and starting yelling out your name, she woke up and she started to cry, and that was when i called you. I don’t know Garr, i think you made the wrong choice”

“no, i didn’t, i made the right choice, all you have to do is give her time. Where is she?”

Donovan pointed to her room, i started walking there, Donovan followed.

“i think you should stay here”.

Donovan nodded, and i knocked on Ashley’s bedroom door.

“Ash, It’s me Garrett, let me in” i could hear her shuffling in her room before the door opened.

I looked over at Donovan, i gave him a soft smile before going in. I got a good look at Ashley’s face, her eyes were red like she has been crying for ages.

I cupped her face. “are you okay, Donovan told me what happened, you know you dont have to worry about me right”

Ashley nodded “i just have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that something’s wrong” something is wrong, you stole my heart.

“Tell me whats wrong, please.”

“i had a nightmare, you were there, beside me. And then you just left, you weren’t there anymore, and i panicked, i don’t want to lose you Garrett.” After hearing that, i just couldn’t resist, i hugged her. She started crying again.

“You know i would never leave you Ash, i love you, forever and always”

“i love you too Garr, too much, and i can’t let go. I think i made the wrong decision” if i was some selfish son of a bitch, i would tell her straight that she did make the wrong decision and she should be with me, but no, i want Donovan to be happy.

“you didn’t Ash, you made the right one, you’re just messed up, too much things are going through your little head, you and Donovan are meant to be. He’s waiting outside, he’s worried. He loves you Ash, and you love him too, you know it, deep down in there” i said pointing at her heart.

She sighed, “you’re right, i guess i have too much things in my head” she smiled “you really are amazing Garr, you give me amazing advice” if only i could use my own advice to help me out.

I led her out of her room to the living room where Donovan was waiting. Ashley ran up to him, hugged him, and then kissed him. It was then i knew i should leave.

“well i guess i should go now” i interrupted their making out.

Ashley got up and headed to me, she smiled and kissed me on the cheek, then tiptoed up to my ear and whispered “thank you garrett, i knew i could depend on you”. I hugged her.

“catch you later Don” i waved and headed to the car. I decided i should stay in the car so i could calm myself, i might or might not regret this move but for right now, i feel proud of myself for not being a selfish asshole.

I started the engine and drove home. Surprisingly i found my parents car in the driveway, wait what? What are they doing here? I got out of the car and came into the house.

“MOM! DAD! ARE YOU HERE?” i heard some plates from the kitchen being shifted, i went to the kitchen and found my parents and a table full of my favourite food, i grinned.

“what is this all about?” i asked them, they looked a little sad, though i don’t know why.

“son, we’re moving to NYC, i have found a permanent job there and we’ll be moving on Monday at 10” what? No! This can’t be happening that’s the day after tomorrow.

“WHAT?! And what about my life here?! I cant just leave it! I love my life here!” my parents looked sympathetic.

“Garrett honey, you have to understand, you’re father was fired from his job, and he has recently found a job in NYC and get plenty of salary.” I sighed, i couldn’t argue with mother.

“fine, i guess i’ll have to tell my friends”. I headed to my room and locked the door.
Once my parents told me we were leaving, the first person i thought about Ashley and how i still have feelings for her. I guess when i move to NYC i’ll start forgetting her though i barely doubt that, but i guess its worth the try.
♠ ♠ ♠
so what do you think? will Garrett really move?
oh, come'on WE NEED COMMENTS!!

sorry for the late post, we suck :( 55 readers and 3 subscribers. we love you. will post soon.. we haven't given up on this story yet.