Status: Active, and I will update as often as possible.

Opposites Do Not Attract

01

"Tessa, go play." My mom complained. She was stressed, and angry. And I couldn't blame her. We were moving into a new house in West Chester, Pennsylvania because her and my dad were getting divorced. I was in the way of the movers. My baby brother wasn't a bother, he was asleep in his carrier. I grabbed my skateboard. I was angry at my skateboard. It was from my dad, so I hated it. I didn't know exactly what he did, but I do know that he broke my mom's heart. I rode my skateboard down the block and back a few times. When I got to the end of the sidewalk for the fifth time a boy rode up on his skateboard. He looked over me then scoffed.
"Nice board," he said, getting off of his then stepping roughly on the end closest to him to pop it up for him to grab. I blushed and looked down.
"My dad got it for me." I mumbled.
"From where? The dump?" he laughed. I frowned and looked down.
"No." I told him.
"Well, it doesn't matter. Girls can't skate." He said.
"That's not true!" I yelped.
"Yes it is." He said, glaring at me.
"No it isn't!" I kicked my skateboard to the side and stomped up to him.
"What are you gonna do, Ginger?" he asked with a smirk. That was it. He made fun of my skateboard, and then he made fun of my hair! I couldn't take that. I pushed him. He stumbled back and threw down his board.
"Don't hit me." He growled. I smirked and pushed him again.
"Tessa!" my mom yelled from the house. But I wasn't hearing her. I shoved him again. He pushed back that time, knocking me over. I landed on my butt. It hurt…bad. I kept my tears back as I got up and tackled him. I punched him once in the face. Hands grabbed my underarms and pulled my thrashing body off of him. "Tessa Stevenson, what has gotten into you?" my mom growled, turning me to face her.
"He made fun of me." I whimpered. She looked past me at the boy who was currently crying on the sidewalk. She sighed. She moved around me and helped him up. He grabbed his skateboard. She dragged us both to the house. She grabbed my little brother and buckled him into his car seat. She ordered me and the mean boy into the car then went to tell the movers she would be right back. She got in the car and told the boy to tell her where he lived. When we got to his house she brought the three of us to the door. The door opened and a woman looked down at the boy worriedly.
"Oh no, what did he do?" she asked, pulling him inside.
"Actually….my daughter punched him." My mom said sadly.
"I'm sure it's Bam's fault." The lady sighed.
"I'm Samantha." My mom told the lady.
"I'm April." They shook hands then started talking. And soon we were inside. I was sitting at the kitchen table across from "Bam" while my mom and April chatted. April was gushing over Danny, my baby brother. Bam was holding an icepack to his eye. He sighed heavily.
"I'm sorry." He mumbled.
"Why?" I asked.
"Because I made fun of you." he said.
"Well, apology not accepted." I said, looking away from him.
"I'm Brandon." He told me. I glanced at him.
"I'm Tessa." I mumbled.
"I'm 9," he said.
"I'm 8." I sighed.
"Are you new in town?" he asked, "I've never seen you around before." He said.
"Yes, my parents are getting divorced. We're from Georgia." I told him. He nodded.
"That sucks." He said. Another boy walked into the room.
"Mom." The kid complained. April looked at him.
"What Jesse?" she asked.
"A bunch of me and Bam's friends are in the backyard." He told her. She frowned.
"You and Bam can go…if you take Tessa." She said.
"Okay," Bam said, smiling at me. I followed them to the backyard. There were some guys sitting with skateboards on the ground by a pool. "Tessa, this is Raab, Ryan, Dico, Rake, and Novak." And that was the day I made friends. Stupid idiotic friends who would make my life hell all the while more fun then I could've imagined possible.
♠ ♠ ♠
That was just a flashback of when Tessa met Bam.
Hope everyone enjoyed(:
- Lexi

copyright 2010 ; Hey Miss Lexi