Status: Active, and I will update as often as possible.

Opposites Do Not Attract

02

"Four Eyes! Wait up!" was yelled from behind me. I sighed and stopped walking. People walked past me, grunting about how I had stopped in there way. I pushed my glasses back on my nose more then turned around. Bam ran up to me grinning. "Sup buddy?" he asked.
"Just trying to get to my next class." I told him. He nodded slowly.
"Why don't you skip with me and Raab?" he asked. I looked at him. He was serious.
"I've never skipped before, why would I now?" I asked. He frowned.
"Fine, be a goody two-shoes." He grumbled. I rolled my eyes and started walking. He followed.
"What class do you have?" he asked.
"The same class I've had for the last six months." I told him. He laughed.
"And what is it?" he asked.
"Math." I told him with a sigh. He really pays attention to things I say.
"What are you doing after school?" he was getting jumpy at my side. I looked over to see him practically skipping.
"Uh, nothing that I know of. Why?" I asked, stopping at my locker to exchange my history notebook for my math one.
"Because me and the guys are going skating. Wanna come?" his grin widened as Stacey, a blonde cheerleader, walked past us.
"Sure," I smiled, closing my locker.
"Alright, cool. See ya then." He took off and ended up at Stacey's side. I frowned and hurried to my math class. I took my seat in the back and was greeted with a smile from Ryan Dunn.
"Hey Ryan," I smiled weakly. He frowned.
"What's wrong?" he asked. I shrugged.
"Nothing. So are the guys really going skating after school?" I asked.
"I wouldn't doubt it." He said with a laugh.
"Your not going?" I asked, opening my notebook.
"Oh, I'm sure I am." He smiled. I nodded then turned to my homework from last night. "What did he do?" he asked me. I turned to him.
"Who?" I was planning on playing dumb.
"Bam, who else?" I knew he was trying to be understanding. But I wasn't about to talk to him about Bam. I didn't trust that he wouldn't go back and tell Bam.
"He didn't do anything." I said, shooting him a look that said not to ask anymore. He shrugged and looked at his empty desk. After school I went home. I wanted to change before going anywhere else. My mom met me in the living room.
"Hey sweetie, how was your day?" she asked.
"Uh, it was good." I said with a shrug. "Well, I guess I'm going skating. So I'm gonna go change." I told her. She nodded. I ran up the stairs two at a time. I dropped my backpack on my bed and grabbed a new outfit to wear. I changed quickly then brushed my hair. I pulled a hoodie on. Then grabbed my deck, and trotted back downstairs.
"Bam's waiting for you outside!" my mom called from the kitchen. I smiled to myself and skipped to the door. I opened it and found Bam, Raab, Ryan, and Novak.
"You ready?" Bam asked.
"Yep," I sang, walking outside and closing the door behind me.
"Then lets go." He grinned. They all turned and started walking. I followed close behind. "So Four Eyes, there's a party tomorrow night. You wanna come?" he asked.
"Oh, I don't know.." I mumbled. He stopped and turned around.
"It wasn't actually a question, your going." He told me. I rolled my eyes.
"Fine." I sighed. He turned to Novak and started talking about Stacey. All I really knew about Stacey was that she was a bitch, and that rumors were constantly going around about whose dick she's sucked. I wasn't impressed with her, but Bam obviously was. I heard something about her coming to the party with him, and how he was planning on 'tapping that ass'. I rolled my eyes. I've never understood how one person could think about sex so much. I know I don't, but when it comes to these boys that’s all they think about. Raab slowed down a little and started walking with me.
"Hey," he smiled.
"HI Raab." I smiled back.
"So, um, that party." He said, scratching the back of his neck. I cocked a brow. "Well, I was wondering if you wanted to go with me." He said.
"I am going with you guys." I said with a laugh.
"No, I mean, go with me…like a date." He mumbled.
"Oh." I said in shock. "I-yea." I said.
"Really?" he asked with a smile. I nodded. I noticed then that no one else was talking. Bam turned around abruptly.
"Your going on a date with him? Fucking Skid Marks?" Bam scoffed.
"Dude," Raab groaned.
"Why can't she?" Dunn asked. Bam rolled his eyes and turned back to walking. I was a little stunned if I'm being honest. I shuffled along with Raab still at my side. When we got to the skate park Raab stayed with me at one side of the park while Bam, Dunn and Novak went to the other side. I grinded everything I could, jumped stairs, and got out all of my frustration. When I was done I plopped down on the grass next to Raab.
"I'm really glad you said yes." He said shyly. I smiled.
"Raab, why are you so shy today?" I asked, leaning against him. He laughed a little.
"Because of you." He said. I rolled my eyes.
"Alright, I'm done." Bam said, stopping in front of us.
"Ready to go?" Dunn asked. Bam nodded, and popped up his skateboard. He started walking towards the road and we all followed. Bam wasn't even the oldest in our group of friends, but he was certainly the leader. When we got to my house I said goodbye to them all, because I had homework. Raab hugged me, which was new, but I didn't mind. I got inside and went to the kitchen where my mom was busy at work on new cupcake recipes.
"How was skating?" she asked.
"Good," I said.
"Anything you want to tell me?" she asked, glancing up at me. I smiled.
"Raab asked me on a date." I told her.
"Really? Where to?" she asked.
"A party." I told her. She nodded slowly.
"Well, you better be careful at that party. And that boy better behave himself." She looked up at me and winked. I did my homework, had dinner with my family, and went to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Copyright 2010 ; Hey Miss Lexi