Sequel: Temporary Life
Status: Done! :) Read sequel!

Temporary Home

Chapter 15

After laughing at Matt, Jimmy, and Johnny for a while, I decided to go do a little bit of exploring. I had seen a room earlier with a bunch of their instruments. Dad had told me earlier that I was welcome to test out his guitars, to just be careful. I saw one of the acoustics and had the sudden urge to play it.

I carefully took it down and found a spot to sit. I let my fingers glide over the strings. I didn't know what I was playing, it was just random notes. Soon, a song came to me.

"What song was that?" I heard Dad's voice as I placed the guitar back.

"Just a random song," I said quietly. I didn't know he had been listening.

"You wrote that?" He asked, surprised. "That's amazing, Kels! Maybe you did take after me," he said, beaming.

"Apparently I take more after you than we both realize," I said, smiling.

"Well, that makes me feel special." We stood in silence, before he pulled me into his arms. I tensed a little, but then relaxed. I wrapped my arms around his waist and held on tight. "I really do love you, Kels. I wish I would've known about you before now," he whispered in my ear. "I'll always be here for you, Baby Girl," he said, kissing the top of my head.

I took a deep breath. "I love you too, Dad." That simple sentence, was the hardest thing for me to say for the first time in my life. I could tell he was happy when I said this, because he held me a little bit tighter.

"Brian, what's taking you so- Aw!! Kodak moment!" Zacky yelled upon seeing us. I laughed and buried my face into Dad's chest.

"Way to ruin a moment, Man." Dad laughed at Zack.

"Wait right there! I'm going to go get my phone!" He took off running and I just looked up at Dad.

"Hurry, run before he comes back!" I said, running out of the room. I went back to the room where everyone was at and sat on Jimmy.

"Hey! I told you I'd be right back," Zacky said, holding his phone up.

"Sorry, you took too long," I said, shrugging.

"What'd we miss?" Matt asked.

"A totally adorable Kodak moment!" Zacky was such a girl sometimes...

"Dude, you sound like a chick... Have you gotten into Gena's birth control?" Johnny asked. Zack looked at him like he was on crack. "What? You could! Those damn things look like mints!"

I started laughing. "Johnny, is there something that you aren't telling us?" I asked as everyone started laughing.

"Oh, screw you guys!" he said, pouting.

"None of that now!" Jimmy scolded. All of a sudden, my phone started buzzing in my back pocket. "Vibrations in the pants feels awkward!" Jimmy said, jumping. Everyone's eyes widened.

"Chill, it's just my phone, guys," I said, pulling it out of my pocket. "Sorry, Jim."

New txt:
Aaron aka Mr. Smooth
Watcha doin? I'm bored and need your help! :)

"Hey now. What's he need your help with, Missy?" Jimmy asked. I turned to see that he'd been reading over my shoulder.

"Hey! I don't invade your privacy. Keep your nose to yourself," I said, getting off his lap.

"I could so comment that... But I choose life," Jason randomly said.

Reply:
I'm at the studio with the guys. And what exactly do you need my help with?

"Let me guess, Aaron?" Dad asked with a knowing smile.

"Maybe."

"Yes! And apparently he needs her help with something. I told you he was bad news!"

"Jimmy, you were the one telling us to give him a chance and that he seemed like a pretty decent kid," Matt pointed out.

"Yeah... Well... Poo on you!" I really question his mental stability sometimes...

New txt:
Aaron aka Mr. Smooth
I need your help with not being bored anymore! Duh! lol. Do you think they'd let you go for the night?

"Dad, do you mind if I hang out with Aaron tonight?"

"Sure, just be home before curfew."

"Alright."

Reply:
Dad's fine with it. Pick me up in half an hour? We're at the studio. Blue building, can't miss it. lol

I'm growing to love the blue building. Such a random color that it sticks out and is noticed easily.

New txt:
Aaron aka Mr. Smooth
k :) be there soon

"Dude! I just got a great idea!" Jimmy said, jumping up. "Kels, you play violin. You should totally record some parts for 'Little Piece of Heaven'!" I just gave him a weird look.

"Are you insane?"

"Why not?" Dad asked.

"Because, I'm not that good."

"I think we should be the judges of that," Matt said.

"If it's anything like what I heard earlier, you should be great," Dad said, smiling encouragingly.

I sighed. "I'll think about it."

Yup, something was definitely getting to their heads. They were crazy to think I'd be able to pull that off!
♠ ♠ ♠
Writing this really makes me think about Jimmy :( but he was such a great guy and inspiration. He's what keeps me writing! :)