Sequel: Temporary Life
Status: Done! :) Read sequel!

Temporary Home

Chapter 18

It's been about a month now. Everything's going pretty well. Aaron couldn't be a more perfect boyfriend. My family loves him, he's like part of us now. My friends are over almost every day after school, or on the weekends, and Zacky loves giving Beth a hard time about her 'Pete love'. She's going to get him back one day, and he won't know what hit him. I don't see much of Kevin though, especially when he's around... Her. I just can't stomach it.

Everything was perfect, to say the least. And I wanted it to stay like this.

I woke up, and rushed to the bathroom. My stomach had been churning all morning. I hated throwing up. It had been like this the last few days. I just lay on the bathroom floor until it passed. Luckily it was a Saturday morning, so I didn't have to worry about school.

"Kels? Are you up?" Michelle called into my room.

"Bathroom," I called to her, sitting up slowly.

"Are you ok?" She asked worried.

"Yeah, I think I'm just sick."

"You've been throwing up these last few days... Maybe you should go to the doctor," she said, pressing the back of her hand to my forehead.

"I'll be fine." I got up and went to climb back into my bed.

I lay there, trying to figure out what was wrong. I didn't have any flu symptoms. Just throwing up... Then, I started counting days. "Mother fucker!" I yelped, jumping out of bed and looking for my shoes. I grabbed my keys, yes Dad got me a car so they didn't have to drive me everywhere, and ran down stairs. I raced to the Pharmacy. Hopefully my suspicions were wrong.

I walked back in the door, hoping none of them would hear. They seemed to always be at our house for some reason? "And where'd you go in such a hurry?" Matt asked, scaring the shit out of me.

"Just to the store," I mumbled, trying to get up the stairs.

"What'd you need to get?" He asked, eyeing the bag.

"Something." I was slowly getting agitated.

"What's going on?" Dad asked, walking over. "Hey, what's in the bag?"

"Nothing." I tried again to go up the stairs, but the bag was snatched out of my hands.

Brian and Matt's faces turned white. "What the hell is this?!" Dad shouted, furry evident in his face.

The door suddenly opened, and Aaron walked in. "Hey, Babe," he said, smiling, but it soon vanished when he looked at the scene in front of him.

"You! You better start running!" Dad shouted at him.

"Don't!" I yelled, jumping in front of Aaron. "Don't start going off on him. We haven't even done anything like that," I said, trying defend him, even though I was scared shitless.

"Hey, what's the commotion?" Jimmy asked as everyone walked towards us.

"Kels, what the hell is going on?" Aaron asked, catching sight of the pregnancy test.

I looked at the floor, ashamed to look at him. I didn't know why, it wasn't even my fault. "I can't explain," I mumbled.

"You fucking cheated on me?!" My head shot up and I looked at him with tears in my eyes.

"No! I would never do that!"

"Then how do you explain that?! Obviously it wasn't me!"

"Aaron, please-"

He shook his head, backing away. "Don't even. I thought I could actually have a decent relationship for once. But, you turned out just like the rest of them. A whore." He turned and walked out the door, slamming the door. I went to run after him, but I was pulled back. I looked down to see Dad's hand wrapped around my upper arm, and I suddenly became afraid of him.

"You're not going anywhere until you explain yourself," he hissed.

"Let go." I managed, struggling against his grip.

"Bri, I know you're not happy, but you're starting to scare her," Michelle said, placing a hand on his shoulder. His grip loosened, and I booked it up to my room. They shouted after me, but I slammed my door and locked it behind me.

"Kels, open up!" Jimmy yelled on the other side of my door, banging on it.

"Go away!" I yelled back.

"No. You need to open the door," he said, trying to keep his voice calm.

"Well too fucking bad!" I lay in my bed, pillow clutched to my chest as I cried. Why now? Everything was going just fine.

Apparently I fell asleep, because I woke up to voices whispering. "I'm telling you, Val. Something's not right here," Michelle whispered.

"You could see it in her eyes. Something else is going on that she didn't tell us." I slowly opened my sore eyes and looked around. All the girls were either sitting on, or by my bed.

"Hey, Sweetie," Leana said, smoothing the hair out of my face.

"Kels, you should take the test, just to make sure," Gena said. I nodded, and got out of the bed. I took the test from the night stand and went into the bathroom.

Who knew, just a few minutes could drive you crazy? Those few minutes made you think how much your life could change. It made you think where you would go if your family wouldn't support you.

Time was up, and I turned the test over. My hands were shaking. I opened my eyes and looked down. I started crying, and threw the test in the trash. I ran out of the bathroom, found my keys, and ran down the stairs. I got in my car before they could even stop me.

I drove to Aaron's house and knocked furiously on his door. "Kelsi, what're you doing here?" Shane, his older brother, asked when he opened the door.

"Please, Shane. I have to talk to Aaron. It's important." I pleaded.

"I'm sorry, Kels. He doesn't want to talk to you."

"I have to explain, Shane. It was false! The test was false. Please, just let me talk to him."

He sighed. "I'm sorry, Kels." With that, he shut the door. I slowly walked back to my car, hoping Aaron would come out, but I knew he wouldn't.

I took off and started driving around, nowhere in mind. After a while, I remembered Ben telling me about a party that was tonight. I turned around and headed in the direction of the house. Step one of dealing: in progress. It might not be the most healthy plan, but it worked.

As I pulled up to the house, I could already hear the loud music. When I walked in, I headed straight towards the drinks. The best numbing medicine - alcohol.

After a couple hours of drinking, I was pretty much wasted. "Kels? Is that you?" I heard a familiar voice ask. I turned to see Kevin.

"What do you want, asshole?" I grumbled.

"How much have you had to drink?"

"None of your business," I said, trying to turn away, but he grabbed my arm. "Let go," I hissed.

"No, come on. I'm taking you home."

"The hell you are! You aren't in charge of me!"

"No, but I do care about you and your well being. Plus the fact that everyone is freaking out, trying to find you. Now, we can do this the easy way or hard way." I just crossed my arms and glared at him. "Hard way it is." He picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. "Devin! I found her, let's go." He ended up getting my car keys and put me in the back with Devin.

"You can't take me back there, Kevin!" I said, on the verge of tears.

"Why not?" He asked confused.

"Because! Everything's changed. He's going to send me back, I know he is. He wouldn't even let me explain! Not even Aaron!"

"Kels, I think we should wait to talk about this when you're sober," Devin said. I sat back, crossing my arms and looking out the window.

When we pulled up to the house, I refused to get out. Call me stubborn, I don't care. I wasn't going in there. "Kels, I will throw you over my shoulder again." Kevin warned. I didn't move. He sighed agitatedly, and picked me up. When he got in the front door, he set me down.

"Where the hell have you been?! We've looked everywhere for you!" Dad started yelling, not even two seconds later. I looked away, not wanting to look at him. "Kelsandra, look at me!" Truth was, I was afraid to. I didn't want to see him angry at me. I wanted to remember him when he loved me.

"Brian, calm down," Michelle said.

"How can you tell me to calm down?!"

"Because you aren't making matters better!" I closed my eyes as they kept yelling. I didn't want to hear it. I knew it was my fault. And I knew what happened when things were my fault.

"Kelsi, where did you go?" Jimmy said, trying to get me to talk. When I didn't, he resulted in asking Kevin and Devin.

"She was at one of the parties," Kevin said. He paused, knowing he needed to tell them that I was drinking, but didn't know how I'd react. "When I found her, it was obvious she'd been drinking a lot. I don't know how much, but enough to get her wasted."

"You were fucking drinking?!" Dad growled. I flinched at his sudden rise in volume again.

"It's ok, Kels. He's not going to hurt you," Jimmy said, trying to move towards me, but I just backed up.

Dad groaned, shaking his head as he ran his hands down his face. "I don't even know what do say right now." I bowed my head, knowing what was coming next. I slowly started walking to the stairs. "Where are you going?" He asked.

"To pack," I whispered.

"What do you mean pack?" Val asked.

"I understand," I said, not looking at any of them.

"Understand what? Kels, what're you talking about?" Matt asked.

That's when Kevin caught on. "She thinks you're going to send her back," he said softly.

There was silence, until Dad spoke. "Kels, I would never send you back, and you should know that. Just... With what's happened today, I don't know what to do. I'm stuck." He paused. "For now, your grounded until further notice... I'm so disappointed in you." Those words stung more than I ever thought.

I nodded and went up to my room. I went into my bathroom, locking the door. As I sat against the bathtub, I ran my fingers softly against my arm. The once red lines, were now white. After thinking everything was fine, I was snapped back into reality. Where only my silver friend was there for me. Just like it was tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Damn... And I bet you all thought it was going to stay happy! lol. Don't worry, she'll be happy again. She just needs to go through a... Phase?
comment?