Sequel: Temporary Life
Status: Done! :) Read sequel!

Temporary Home

Chapter 8

The next morning, I heard everybody moving around soon after nine. I'd been up all night, I just couldn't sleep. I waited until I heard the door close, until I got out of bed. I took my iPod and iHome down to the kitchen and started cleaning and cooking lunch. It was noon and I figured they wouldn't be out for that long.

About an hour and a half later, I didn't know they were back, until Jimmy yelled, "Munchkin’s awake!" I had to have jumped at least three feet in the air. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." He smiled as he walked over to the bar to sit down.

"It's ok," I said as I kept cooking.

"What the hell are you listening to?" Johnny asked, laughing as everyone came into the kitchen.

"Music."

"No shit, Sherlock."

"Does Zacky have a new favorite Genre of music?" An unfamiliar voice laughed. I turned to see two new groups of people. I gave Jimmy a questioning look as he gave me an apologetic one.

"And who might this lovely young lady be?" One of them asked.

"Oh, sorry. This is my daughter, Kelsi. Kels, this is Fall Out Boy and Panic! At The Disco. But, I'm sure you knew that," Brian said. I just nodded.

"Oooh, a fan?" Brendon asked smiling.

"You could say that," I said softly, turning back to the stove.

"Sweetie, aren't you hot?" Lacey asked, looking at my outfit. Sweats, long sleeve, sweatshirt and socks.

"No."

"What time did you get in last night? I didn't hear you," Brian said, sitting at the bar with Jimmy.

"I don't remember." I heard him mumble something to Jimmy, before talking to everyone else.

"You guys can go ahead and pick out whatever rooms you want. I think Kels is making lunch, so just come on back down when you find one." Brian told them.

"Whatcha makin'?" Zacky asked, coming to stand by me.

"Chicken fajitas."

"Sweet! Mexican food!"

"Dude, you eat anything," Matt said, laughing.

"Fuck you."

"Sorry, Man. I don't look at you that way." I couldn't help but smile a little at that. Suddenly, the door bell rang.

"I got it!" Michelle yelled from the living room. "Hey, guys. Come on in. Kels! It's for you." A few secondss later, I heard foot steps coming towards the kitchen. I turned to see Beth, Joe, Ben, and... Kevin. Ugh.

"Kels, can we talk?" Ben asked.

"What about?" I asked, continuing to cook.

"Last night," Kevin said.

I looked at him for a second, then back at the pan. "What about last night?"

"Kels, please," Kevin said, starting to get aggravated. I turned around to glare at him, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Give me one good reason why I should talk to you?" Everyone who was still in the kitchen, was now looking on, confused.

He looked down at the floor, shuffling his feet. "Kels, I didn't know what was going through my head. Truthfully, I forgot about Bridget when you came."

"Oh, don't give me that bullshit, Kevin. I don't have time for it." I turned back to the stove to finish up the rice.

"Would you just give me a chance to earn your trust back?"

"No, Kevin! I won't! You fucking used me! You played with my emotions as if they meant nothing. I'm tired of people doing that... I let you in and I started to trust again. Something I haven't done in years! I started falling... And I was stupid enough to think you'd catch me."

"Let's go, Kevin," Beth hissed, glaring at him.

"Kels-"

"I think it's time for you to leave." Matt interrupted him.

Kevin sighed, defeated, and headed to the front door. "I'm sorry, Kels. I tried warning you," Beth said, sadness in her eyes.

"It's ok, Beth. Thanks for watching out for me." She gave a small smile and pulled me into a hug. Joe and Ben were next.

"We're here for you too, Kels. Don't worry, we'll kick Kevin's ass later," Ben said, rubbing my back.

"I'll see you guys Monday." They nodded and walked out.

As I finished up lunch, my hands continued to shake. I walked to the fridge to find some juice. "Kels, why do your hands shake so much?" Matt asked as he watched me.

"Health issues."

"What health issues? Is everything ok?" Johnny asked.

"I'm Anemic," I said as I drank the juice.

"You're what?! Don't you need meds or something for that shit? Are you taking them? Are you going to be ok?" Jimmy just kept rattling on until I finally threw something at his head to shut him up.

"I'm fine, Jimmy. I'm just lacking some vitamins and nutrients. That's all."

"Why didn't you tell us?" Zacky asked.

"Because it's not that big of a deal." I took all the food and set it at the bar so they could get what they wanted. I walked to the living room to tell them the food was done, then headed up the stairs.

I decided I was going to go for a run. So I slipped on my knee brace and grabbed my headphones. "Where are you going?" Brian asked as I came down the stairs.

"For a run. I'll be back in an hour."

While I was gone, I had time to think about things. Even though Kevin was an ass, I still had the others. I was starting to feel a little bit closer to my new family. Maybe things would work out. I just needed to give everything time and a chance.

I tried not thinking about the previous night. I would deal with it when the time came, but right now, I needed to clear my mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
So... It's pretty sad but i'm trying to make it happy :) It will soon.
By the way, the song she had on when they got back was Fuck It, Fuck you right back - Eamon vs Frankee. Such a funny song. lol

p.s. thank you to -
Red Lipstick;;
Chilindrina
Backwordcoma
secrets-that-die
Static
xoxo_Carrie_xoxo
kycoolgirl-loves-a7x
XzLittleAngelzX
You guys are amazing! thank you for commenting :) keep it coming