Sequel: Temporary Life
Status: Done! :) Read sequel!

Temporary Home

Chapter 9

When I got back from my run, I decided I was going to try to be in a good mood. I didn't want them to keep questioning me, and I didn't feel like being sad. I hated it, really.

"I'm back!" I yelled as I walked through the front door.

"We saved you some food," Jimmy said as they all sat around the living room.

"Well that was nice of you." I laughed, leaning down to kiss his cheek, then skipping off to the kitchen.

I was humming to myself as I grabbed a bit of food. I turned around to see everyone staring at me. "What?" I asked, a little creeped out that they were just standing there looking at me.

"Are you feeling ok?" Brian asked, feeling my forehead.

"Fine. Why?"

"Look at me," Jimmy said, taking my face between his hands and looking into my eyes. "Ok, she's not drunk or high... The aliens must've gotten her," he said, throwing his hands up.

"Shh! They'll hear you," I whispered, looking up at the ceiling.

"Yup, she's lost it." Matt nodded.

I just laughed. "Gee thanks, Matt. If you don't want me to be happy, then I'll just go back to being sad," I said, shrugging and walking out to the patio.

"NO!" I heard all of them yell.

"I like this happy you," Zacky said smiling and sitting down next to me on one of the patio chairs.

"The question is, what triggered it?" Leana asked, sitting on Jimmy's lap.

I shrugged. "I don't know. I just hate feeling sad, even though I can't control it sometimes. But, I saw how you guys were really trying to make me feel at home here, and I thought I should just make an effort also."

"Damn, Brian. You sure she's your kid?" Pete asked, sitting down next to me. Brian just flipped him off.

"Oh, Derek called, and he's picking you up at eight to go to a party. He said it was a must that you came for some-another-reason," Michelle said.

"Ok, I guess I should go start getting ready then."

I felt like going simple. Why dress up like someone you're not just for a party? After my shower, I threw on a pair of jeans, a tank, sweatshirt and my converse. I finished up my hair and make up just ass the bell rang. I looked at the clock and laughed.

"You're early," I said, opening the door and letting Derek in.

"Yeah, well... You're ready anyways!" He said laughing.

"Just let me grab my phone." When I came back down stairs, I went to tell everyone bye. "I'll be back by curfew," I said before leaving.

At the party, I started meeting new people, but made sure one of the guys was always with me. I still hadn't told them about the whole Colton issue, and I didn't plan on it. "Kels, this is, Aaron. Aaron, this is Kelsi," Devin said, introducing us.

"Hey."

"So I hear you're new to Huntington," Aaron said, trying to make conversation.

"Then you heard right."

"Cool. Devin and them are a pretty cool group."

"They're amazing. They took me in the first day."

"Awesome. If I would've met you before now, I would've taken you." I did the one thing I never do... Blushed. Ok, yeah. Pigs are flyin' somewhere, because that has never happened.

We talked, danced and socialized with other people until I had to get home. "It was really nice meeting you. We should totally hang out some time," Aaron said, walking me to Derek's car.

"That sounds like fun. Here, give me your phone." I handed him mine as he handed me his.

"Sweet, I'll txt you sometime."

"Alright, I'll see you later." He leaned down and kissed me cheek, before turning to go to his car. I got in Derek's with a huge smile.

"Ok, spill!" Derek said as he drove away.

"What ever do you mean?" I asked, trying to play innocent.

"Tell me why you're smiling like the damn Cheshire Cat," he said, laughing.

"No reason." My phone started vibrating.

Aaron aka Mr. Smooth <3:
Hey ;)

I started cracking up. "And let me guess, that's lover boy?"

"You shouldn't think, Hun. You might hurt yourself."
♠ ♠ ♠
see! :) it's getting happy.
so, who likes aaron? yay or nay?