Status: I love you all!

Faith Maria Winter

Leaving

“What’s the meaning of this?” Blake demanded. I was still trying to get away from Isaac’s strong grip, kicking and growling.

“We’d like to ask you that, Blake,” Isaac said. His voice made me shiver, “you planned on leaving us?’

“What are you talking about?” Blake asked, clearly coming up with some sort of lie for them.

“I’m talking about you marrying this girl and then leaving!” Isaac said. He released my ankle, and pulled me up by the back of my dress, letting Blake get a nervous look from me, and then he pushed me down again.

“How did you-” Blake started, confusion played across his face.

“They’ve been following us,” I hissed. I jumped up and faced Isaac, ready for a fight, “Isaac and Marcus have been waiting for any reason to kill me,”

“Smart girl,” Marcus muttered. He held out a hand to Blake, to help him up, “Listen, Blake, we won’t hurt you. Isaac just wants to get rid of the problem in our friendship. With Faith gone, we can be buds again. There will be no stress, like it was before you found her,”

“I’ve had enough of you, Marcus,” I said coldly, turning to pounce. Isaac grabbed my wrist and threw me back. He stepped on my chest, smiling down at me.

“Blake, Marcus says we won’t hurt you. I should rephrase that,” Isaac was still smiling down at me, “We will kill you if you try to stop me from killing this girl,”

“No!” Blake ran to me, but Marcus held him easily. Blake wasn’t a fighter, and Marcus was. I knew killing Marcus would be no problem for me, but Isaac would be.

I couldn’t fight for the two of us!

“Calm, Blake,” Isaac said, sitting down on top of me. I groaned at the pressure. Isaac’s knees pinned my hands down when I tried to push him up. Isaac seemed much stronger than the last time I’d fought him.

Isaac covered my eyes with his hand and forced my head back. I heard Blake yelling in the background. It was impossible to get up. Isaac was stronger; he must have trained while I was off with Blake every night. The edge of a knife gently brushed my neck. I clenched my teeth together as he rubbed the blade back and forth on my flesh, but didn’t break through it.

“Stop playing with me,” I said disgustedly, “If you want to kill me, Isaac, then get it over with,”

“Why?” Isaac asked, lifting the knife from my skin, “Are you embarrassed that you are in the position of Toy?”

I didn’t answer him, I couldn’t answer him.

“Isaac, stop!” Blake yelled, “Please! If you kill her, then we won’t live the way we used to. Don’t you see? By killing the girl I love, you will truly be my enemy!”

“I know,” Isaac said through his teeth, “But I have to kill her! She’s tormenting me. You are not a threat to me, Blake. If you do want to be my enemy, then come. Marcus wants you as a friend more than I,” his calm voice made me shiver. Isaac felt it and his menacing laugh drowned out Blake’s words.

The tip of the knife touched the center of my neck. I struggled more to get up. I felt tears forming in my eyes, and I screamed in my head.

Don’t cry! Isaac mustn’t see my cry…

I cried. My tears ran from my black eyes and past Isaac’s hand that covered those black eyes.

“Are we scared?” he whispered, his voice right at my ear. I felt his breath in my hair, and I a wave of nausea went through me.

“Get away from her,” I heard Blake growl. The power in his voice startled me.

“No,” Isaac spat. The tip of the knife broke through the skin of my neck. I gasped at the pain. Isaac still sat on me, I could feel his smile.

“Faith!” Blake yelled, “Let me go!” Marcus retrained him from getting to me.

The knife was pulled from my neck, and I shrieked at the sudden wave of pain. I felt Isaac’s breath on my throat now, as he drank the blood that was pooling on my neck. Isaac stood up, smiling triumphantly at me as I died. I tried to stand up, but failed.

“Three times now, Faith,” Isaac reminded me, “You blood has been tasted three times. Such a taste, too. The only reason I haven’t drained you to death is because I want to see how much you’ll fight death,”

I held my neck, trying to slow the bleeding. I managed to sit up, but I felt my eye lids getting heavy. I looked at the horror on Blake’s face. Marcus had an arm around him, stopping him from holding me in my last moments.

“Blake…” I tried to speak, but I spit up blood.

Blake yelled in anger and managed to get out of Marcus’ grip. He ran to me, but was cut off my Isaac.

“If you want to live,” Isaac told him, “Then close your eyes and let her die,”

“No,” Blake grabbed Isaac’s neck and threw him aside with a strength I didn’t know he had. Blake ran to my side, and bent down, taking me into his arms, “You can’t die,” he whispered.

“Blake...I love y-,” I couldn’t finish the sentence. Blake’s blood splattered onto my face. Isaac stood behind Blake, the bloody knife in his hand.

I didn’t believe what I saw. Blake’s head slipped from his shoulders and fell to the ground beside me. I pushed his lifeless corpse away from me and screamed. Isaac laughed at me, throwing the knife to me.

“Kill me if you must,” he taunted, walking back to Marcus.

I stared at the knife, but not for long. My eyes wandered to Blake’s head. The look on his face sickened me. He would forever be angry.

I dipped my finger into his blood and licked it. As much as I didn’t want to do this, I knew I had to. I drank as much blood as I could before Marcus or Isaac noticed. It wasn’t long before I felt better. I was shocked at how revived I felt. My neck was still bleeding, but I couldn’t feel it anymore.

I took hold of the knife and stood up. Blood dripped from my fangs and covered my body.

“Isaac,” my voice was strong, “Don’t forget you gave me the permission to kill you,”

Isaac turned, startled. He looked at me for a moment, then laughed.

“You drank Blake’s blood? Bold of you to challenge me when you’re like that,” he pointed at my neck, “You’re not as strong as you think,”

“Care to prove that?”

Isaac growled and ran for me. I smiled, and ran to Marcus. Isaac stopped running and slowly turned to see my arms around Marcus, with the knife to his throat. Marcus struggled to get free, but I wasn’t letting him go at any cost.

“Marcus is like your brother?” I asked, laughing,” Of course he is. You two are so close, I might even think you’re lovers,” Isaac growled, but I continued still, “I call this payback. You killed my love, so I’ll kill yours,”

Isaac was in motion before I finished that sentence, but he still didn’t reach Marcus in time. I stabbed the knife into Marcus’ neck, and sliced down to his stomach. Blood poured from his body. I let him go and took a step back. The body stood by itself for a second, before collapsing to the grass.

Isaac stopped and looked on with pain on his face.

“M...Marcus...you killed...Marcus…,”

“I can’t believe you let me close to him,” I taunted, “Are you that stupid? I’m thinking more clearly than ever, and I think my anger makes me stronger,”

“What about my anger?” Isaac asked, still looking down to Marcus.

“It doesn’t matter,” I whispered.

I stood beside Isaac. His eyes widened. Marcus had been a distraction. I knew there was no way Isaac would’ve let his guard down long enough for me to kill him while I was this injured. Killing Marcus was because I knew he would grieve.

I dropped the knife and stabbed my own hand through Isaac’s chest. He grunted and fell to the floor, face down. I knelt down and flipped him over. He was still alive, but in great pain.

I sat on him, smiling. Isaac glared at me as I licked my hand.

“Delicious,” I whispered, “How does it feel to know that the moment you die, I’ll drink all your blood?” I picked up the knife and cut his throat.

I stood with a smile, but I felt it shrinking. I looked over at Blake’s dead body, and felt nothing.

“Hello again,” Logan’s voice rang through my head, “Told you I would came back,”

“Good for you,” I said with a dull tone, “I won’t need you to come back. Blake is dead and I am dead,”

Logan laughed, and then I was alone again. I walked to Blake and knelt over his body. I did feel an emotion. Hatred.

“My dearest Blake,” I whispered, “I will never shed a tear for you. Forgive me,” I took off my wedding ring and placed it with Blake.

I didn’t need it anymore. It would just be a terrible reminder of my loss.

I stood and walked away, leaving the three bodies behind. I left America and have never been back.