Status: I love you all!

Faith Maria Winter

Epilogue

I loved Blake with all my soul. I hated my life and he took me away. He saved me in more than one way. He allowed me to live a long life, though it wasn’t an entirely happy one. If I could weep, I know that I would never stop. Sometimes I look at my wrist and feel great anger. The two holes from his bite. The two reminders that he loved me enough to ignore his natural instincts and do what he felt were best for me.

A happy life and a good life are two different things.

I lived a good life, while Blake was alive. 40 years with Blake was wonderful. 40 years with Isaac was terrible. I tell myself that the reason my life ended up this way was Logan. He used me, and then left me alone. Then I remember the way Isaac had looked at me the first night they met me. I had done nothing wrong, and yet he glared at me. That made me realize that Isaac was the cause of my sorrow. Logan did part of it, and Isaac finished it.

The night Isaac stabbed me and killed Blake was a blur for a long time. It was the year 1855 (one year after the Abolition of Slavery) when I sat down and forced myself to remember what I did. I remember feeling anger, more than I’d ever felt. I drank Isaac, Marcus and Blake’s blood. It gave me the strength to survive the injury Isaac had given me.
After I was unable to cry for my beloved, and went on a killing spree. I killed every person in that small town. The part that made me feel sickness toward myself was that I don’t think I drank any of their blood. I just slaughtered them out of anger.

I never saw Logan again, and I’m glad. I fear that if I did see him, I would plunge myself into his arms and confess my love to him. I wouldn’t be able to stop myself, I know that.

It’s not that I love Logan. The truth is, I despise him. He ruined my life by turning me into a vampire. Logan turned me into a vampire to get revenge on Blake, and in the end, it worked. I sometimes have considered death, but then I fear what awaits me. I’ve sinned so much, and I feel no remorse. God will never have me.

It is the year 2008 now. I am 274 years old, yet teenagers hit on me when I walk down the street at night. I will never age. I will never grow. I will look the same until the world ends. My eyes are black. My teeth are sharp. I lust for blood.

And I regret leaving my ring with Blake every lonely day of my life.