Status: I love you all!

Faith Maria Winter

Monsters

Logan opened the door, and I took his arm again, walking through the grand doors of the large estate that this ball took place in. So many humans, I could see why Logan brought me here.

“I’ll even call you Cossette tonight, alright, love?”

“Okay,” I giggled. Logan led me to a group of men, where he introduced me to a group of handsome and rich men.

“Charmed,” I bowed to each man, letting them kiss my hand and tell Logan I was stunning. I didn’t catch the mens’ names, except for one. He was Bradley Warner. Handsome and delicious. His blood was so tempting, I felt like killing him there in front of the room of people. I gave him a flirtatious smile, and then let my eyes wander as Logan spoke business to the four men.

A man with short grey hair caught my attention, but not because of his smell. My father was here. I groaned quietly, but Logan’s keen ears heard it as if I’d screamed. He said goodbye to the men, then took me aside gracefully.

“Something wrong, dear?” he asked.

“My father…”

“Ah, I understand. Well, should we leave then?”

“No,” I couldn’t hold back my smile, “If you wouldn’t mind, I think I need to speak to Monsieur Warner alone,”

Logan kissed my forehead, understanding what I meant immediately. I walked over, though it looked as if I floated, to Bradley. I tapped his shoulder, he turned around, startled by my sudden presence.

“Oh, Miss Cossette! You gave me quite the shock,” He seemed pleased that Logan was not at my side.

“Terribly sorry, Mr. Warner,”

“You may call me Bradley, if you like,”

I giggled, taking his arm. Bradley did exactly what I wanted. We went for a walk into the courtyard, full of trees and bushes and royal benches. The perfect place for me to kill him without watchful eyes.

Bradley led me to a bench hidden in trees. We sat down, and I gazed into his eyes, hypnotizing him with my black stare.

“Cossette, you are with Logan, no?” he asked, as if scared of what Logan would do. Still, his mouth found its way to my neck. I shivered, but not for the reason he thought. My neck was still sensitive from last night.

“Forget about Logan,” I told him, feeling his lips run up my neck. He kissed my neck then under my chin, and my lips. His neck was right by my face. I could resist it no longer. I put my hand over his mouth and bit down hard into his throat. Bradley tried to scream, but my hand muffled his cries. His arms moved around, trying to push me away frantically. I actually laughed at his efforts. I had never realized how weak these men were.

His blood trickled down my throat, and the world seemed to clear up, as if I’d been in a fog. My muscles tightened and I felt a great sense of power. Soon, I was done with him; he was dead.

I sat him against the tree, making it look as if he was resting peacefully, and I made my way back to the ball.

Logan greeted me with a hug and a deep kiss I was not expecting.

“You feel no guilt?” he asked, keeping his face close to my own. I saw some of Bradley’s blood on his lips, and his breath smelled of it, too. I giggled, realizing why he’d kissed me like that.

“Now you’ve tasted Bradley, would you feel guilty?”

“He was delicious, you are a lucky one to get it warm,” he chuckled. I took his arm and we walked to the door. Logan wasn’t going to kill here, I guessed.

“Faith?”

I turned to the voice, and saw my father walking towards me with cautious steps. He looked disgusted for some reason.

“Sir?” I pretended to act confused.

“Faith, dear, where have you been?” he asked. I never noticed it before, but when he sounded concerned, his voice seemed to be lined with hatred. My father truly hated me.

“My apologies, sir, but I am not this Faith. My name is Cossette,” I bowed, as if I were meeting the man for the first time.

“Oh, terribly sorry, miss. You look like my daughter from my angle. She went missing two nights ago,”

“That’s terrible! You must be frightfully worried,”

“I guess,” he nodded once to Logan and walked away, leaving me open-mouthed. My shocked expression turned to hatred. Logan saw this and rushed me to the carriage.

“He guesses!”

“Cossette, are you well?” Logan asked me, sitting with his arm around my shoulders. I pushed him away.

“My name is Faith! Faith Maria Winter! That man was John Patrick Winter, my father! I’ve been missing for days, and here he is, partying!” I yelled as the carriage took off towards Logan’s house.

“Calm down, my love,”

“How can I be calm?!”

“As a vampire, you must learn to control your emotions-”

“He’s dead,” I muttered, ignoring Logan’s lesson.

“Pardon me?”

“My father. I’m killing him tonight,”

Logan looked taken back by my calm voice. On my first night as a vampire, I decided in less than a minute that I would take my own father’s life.

“Whatever you like, my dear,” Logan smiled.

The rest of the ride, we didn’t speak. I stared into space, thinking about my revenge on my father. The carriage stopped at the door of Logan’s large house, and Logan took my hand, helping me out.

“What do you plan on doing?” he asked, escorting me upstairs to change.

“I don’t know,” I confessed, “But the moment I see him, I bet I’ll come up with something,”

In the bedroom, the servant girl from earlier was waiting for me. Logan opened a closet, and I saw that he had an entire wardrobe for me.

“When did you get these?”

“These were my sister’s. She doesn’t need them anymore,” he sighed, then kissed my forehead, “All for you, dear,” he looked to the servant girl, “After you’ve finished helping Faith, come to my bedroom,”

She nodded and looked down. She knew that she was in trouble. Logan’s voice and face told it all as he closed the door: the servant girl was to be his dinner.

“Miss, mind if I ask you a question?” the girl asked me when she was sure Logan wasn’t in range of hearing the conversation.

“Of course,” I said warmly.

“Did Logan get to you before I warned you about him?”

I stopped trying to get out of my dress and froze, staring at the girl. She didn’t move either as she struggled to read the expression on my face.

“So he did…” she handed me my new, light blue night gown.

“Don’t say such things about Logan,” I snapped, putting my gown on, “He’s a wonderful man, and your master. I already told you to stop this nonsense, why are you disobeying me?”

“Because it doesn’t matter anymore,”

“What do you mean?”

“He’s going to kill me. I’ll disappear just like every other problem servant has before me,” the girl grabbed my upper arms and pushed me onto the bed. She was weak, but I felt no need to stop her, “Leave before you’re sucked into his evil, Miss! Please! As my dying wish! Live somewhere else! Run away!”

“Too late for that, you annoying human,” with no any force from me, I threw the girl across the room. She started to scream, but I was too fast for her, and I put my hand over her mouth. She squirmed as I pulled her down the hallway to the bedroom Logan used when he pretended to need one.

Without knocking, I opened the door and threw the girl into Logan. She seemed to want to scream more, but Logan took care of that. He took out a knife and held it to her throat.

“Stop that!” he ordered. The girl’s mouth closed as tears flowed down her cheeks, “Faith, my dear, is something wrong?”

“Kill her soon before I do,” I told him. He laughed, taking hold of both her wrists in one of his hands. He dropped the knife and walked over to me in the doorway, pulling me in gently and closing the door.

“You are a wonder, Faith,” He pushed the frightened girl onto the bed and wrapped his arms around me, “You are a vampire for one night, and already killing is normal for you,”

“I have to go,” I said uncomfortably, slipping out of his arms, “My father has to die.”

The servant girl screamed again, and Logan growled, turning around to face the poor child. She cowered into the pillows of the bed.

“Please, sir! Don’t kill me!” she begged. I closed the door, not interested in what was coming. As I walked down the hall, I heard a muffled scream, and then nothing.