Ghosts We Carry Home.

Epilogue.

I used to be one of those who was scared to die. I know now that no one should be afraid to die. It’s natural, and in the end, we all leave the world that felt like home for so many years. Every soul dies, even if it doesn’t want to. And when the time has come, it shouldn’t take too long before you see the Light. Well, there are a few exceptions, as we all know. Sometimes you may have unfinished businesses, and the Light won’t appear for you if those aren’t solved. Sometimes ghosts change people’s life, like I did.
I had waited for more than forty years, but it only looked like one day. I remained the same in all those years, while he was aging every minute, every day, every year. Alex hadn’t lived his life, like I asked him to. Everyone saw that in the life he had lived, something was missing. And that something was me. Alex tried, but it wasn’t enough. He never felt whole, even though he was very happy.

I had never been so nervous before. My heart was beating so fast, faster than it had ever beaten before. I had goose bumps all over my body and my knees were shaking. The bright Light appeared, but this time it wasn’t for me. It didn’t feel the same like before, I didn’t really feel the heat anymore.
I gasped for air as I saw the person who walked out of the Light. He looked like he was twenty-one again. He looked just like I remembered him. I didn’t speak because, once again, I couldn’t find words that could explain what I wanted to say. Alex didn’t say a word either. We just looked at each other, smiling. Alex started to run to me and as soon as he was close enough, he locked me in his arms. I could hear his laugh echoing and I started to laugh with him. I held Alex so close that I felt his heart beating. His arms were locked around me so strong that I was sure he wouldn’t let me go anymore. But then Alex let go of me and took a few steps back.

“What are you doing?” I asked him.

“I’m looking at you, for the first time in my life,” Alex answered.

“Do you like what you see?” I smiled.

“You wouldn’t believe it. You simply wouldn’t believe it.”

Alex pulled me close again and whispered in my ear.
“I've waited so long for this moment.”

“Me too,” I said.

“I will never let you go again.”

“I know,” I said. “I know.”

Alex looked me in the eyes and smiled.

“You're more than I ever wanted, you know that?”

I felt how my cheeks got warm, and I'm sure they were red, too. I looked in Alex's dark eyes and felt how I got weak in the knees. He carefully took my face with his hands and placed his lips on mine. If somebody would ever ask me if it was worth waiting for, then I'd know what to say.

Yes.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is the end. -Sobs-
I hope you guys liked it, and I want to ask if everyone could leave a comment ? Please?
I don't want it to be over, lol, I should have written more, I guess.
Anyway, thanks to everyone who read my story, even if you didn't comment.

<3