Status: active

Naturally

My World

There was nobody in sight as I skated down the streets of Spring Lake, New Jersey. It was quiet, peaceful, and calm. Not like the rest of Spring Lake. You can't walk down any other street in town, every person in sight knows your name and everything there is to know about you. It's border line stalker.

So, it was pretty nice to get away from all that. Nobody ever came to this side of town. It's all old, run down buildings. I, on the other hand, come down here everyday. And the reason is because of the Tunnel.

The Tunnel used to be a train tunnel a long time ago. Now, it's just an old abandoned tunnel some artists in town adopted. Instead of kids spray painting buildings, they come to the Tunnel and paint whatever they want.

I rounded the last corner and hopped off my board, adjusted my backpack, and descended into an old ditch and walked into the Tunnel.

I was greeted by many familiar voices.

"Raven!" a tall, gangly brunette jogged up to me, wiping his hands on a dirty rag.

"Hey Justin," I said quietly, continueing on my way to my spot. I didn't talk much, but when I did, it's to Justin. He's been my best friend since we were in diapers.

I looked around as I went deeper into the tunnel. Every inch of the wall, including the ceiling, was covered in paintings and murals.

Eventually, I reached my painting. I put my headphones in, put my music on blast, and unloaded paint brushes, paints, rags, and spray paints. In no time, I was sucked into my own little world. It was just me and my paints.

I was so wrapped up in my own little world, that I didn't notice all the other artists starting to clear out. The only thing that snapped me out of it is when Justin started shaking my shoulder.

"Ray, it's almost eight-thirty!" he said, showing me his watch. I squeeked and frantically began to toss my paints and things into my pack. I grabbed my board, whispered a goodbye to Justin and raced out.

Four and a half blocks later, I raced down my street and up the front steps of my house. As I burst through the door, I was met by my mother and father waiting for me.

"Raven Anasatia Price! Where have you been? Oh, why should I even ask? You were at that disgusting tunnel again!" My mother ranted. "I mean, look at you! Always coming back, covered in paint! And I bet you were with that disgusting Justin boy! Why can't you hang out with normal kids, doing normal things? Honestly! You really should try to be more like you sister!"

Ah, and she plays the perfect sister card. Of course she does! You see, my sister, Taya, is every small town mother's dream child. She's gorgeous, gets straight A's, she's head cheerlead, and she's even dating the high school's star quarterback. Cliche much!

"Tanya, that is quite enough!" Enter, Dad. He's my only defendant in this house. "Raven, hun, you know better than to-"

Dad was cut off by Taya storming down the stairs. "Mom! Where's my nail polish?"

"Honey, it's in your bathroom, second drawer on the left," Mom sighed.

"Oh." Taya stomped back up the stairs with Mom trailing behind.

"Well, now that she's gone," Dad said, smiling, "Let's see how this mural's coming!"

I grinned and pulled out my camera. Throughout the painting, I take periodical pictures to show my Dad.

"It's coming along great, Champ," he commented, using the nickname he gave me when I was little. "Now, in case your mother asks about punishment, I made you do the dishes and sent you to bed early." I raised an eyebrow at him. Did he really think Mom would care if I got punished? She's too busy waiting on Taya hand and foot to care about me!

I pecked Dad on the cheek and jogged up the stairs to my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, I know, but I wanted to get this out there. What do you think? Comments are greatly appreciated!!!!

Raven's Room
Raven's Mural When It's Finished