‹ Prequel: Black Keys
Sequel: Stay
Status: Completed!

What Can I Say?

Melody

Melody Crenshaw sat at her favorite white piano her small delicate hands moving swiftly across the keys. She hummed to herself allowing the song she had in mind to flow freely. She had to write a new song for a show she was doing, in two days. She wasn't worried about the short notice, she worked better under pressure. She closed her eyes in an effort to visualize the notes floating around in her mind. She opened her mouth as words joined the notes.

"La-de-da
Yeah

You've fled from medication
'Cause it only causes pain
You won't go to the doctor
'Cause he's callin' you insane

You're lost even when you're goin' the right way
You mean the world to me
Even though you might be crazy

And you said we wouldn't make it
But look how far we've come
For so long my heart was breakin'
But now we're standin' strong

The things you say
Make me fall harder each day
You're a trainwreck
But I wouldn't love you if you changed

no, yeah

I shook your hand
And you pulled it right away
You asked me to dance
And instead I said "No way"

Inside I was dyin'
To give it a try
And you begged me
So I stayed
I knew you were different
From the way I caved

And you said we wouldn't make it
But look how far we've come
For so long my heart was breakin'
But now we're standin' strong

The things you say
Make me fall harder each day
You're a trainwreck
But I wouldn't love you if you changed
Yeah,
Ohh

We were so different
But opposites attract
So my hope kept growin'
And I never looked back

You're one of a kind
No one can change this heart of mine

And you said we wouldn't make it
But look how far we've come
For so long my heart was breakin'
But now we're standin' strong

The things you say
Make me fall harder each day
You're a trainwreck
But I wouldn't love you if you changed
Ohh

One more thing I thought I'd share with someone special
I'm falling like I never fell before
It's funny you said we'd never make it
But look how far we've come
You're a trainwreck
But with you,
I'm in love."

Satisfied with what she had accomplished Melody set the finished song aside. She picked up another sheet of music, a song yet to be finished. She glared at what she has written across the page. An unfinished song is Melody's biggest pet peeve. She plays what she has already.

"Piercing words, eyes are red
Watched your tail lights in the rain
Empty heart filled with regret
I know we were both to blame
And I'm not sorry that's its over
But for the way we let it end
So I said all I had to say in letters
That I threw away

You should know
Please believe me."

Melody let her hands fall from the piano keys. Her mind was racing as memories of a boy she wished she could forget came flooding back. She shook her head angrily, this was the reason she couldn't finish the song. As hard as she tried to push him out of her thoughts he always came back. If you were to ask her if she ever checked the gossip sites to see what was new with him, she'd lie. The truth was she did at least twice a week. She knew all about his partying and all the girls he's seen with every night. She wanted so badly to still hate him but she just couldn't. She still loved him. Frustrated she crumples the paper into a ball and let it fall into the waste basket next to her. There was no need to keep something that would never be finished. She let her mind wonder from the unfinished song to the show she was going to do. Hopefully this would be her big break, a boast in her career.

A loud noise coming from the room next door brought Melody out of her thoughts. With a sigh she stood from the piano bench she had been in and made her way out of the room. Her roommate Kelsey stood by the stove her phone pressed to her ear. Melody looked around trying to find the source of the commotion she had just heard. Kelsey glanced at Melody noticing her confused look. Kelsey pointed towards the living room. Melody nodded once before making her way to the room. Her other roommate Brad sat on the couch a broken TV remote in his hands.

"What happened?" Melody questioned.

"The football game ended. I was upset so I threw the remote at the ground." Brad replied as he tried to fit the pieces together.

"Good one." Melody said rolling her eyes.

She sat next to Brad holding out her hands for the remote. Reluctantly he dropped the pieces in her waiting hand. She examined every piece closely deciding where it fit.

"I hate to say it but you destroyed this." Melody said looking up at Brad. "There is nothing we can do to fix this. I guess we'll just have to buy a new one."

Brad groaned as he let his body fall back against the couch and put his hands over his face. "Kelsey is going to kill me. This is the fifth one I broke, this year."

Melody laughed as she set the broken remote on the table next to her. She turned her body towards Brad and set a hand on his arm. "Well maybe you should stop throwing them." Melody said with a smile.

"I don't mean to." Brad said looking between his fingers at Melody.

"I know." Melody said shaking her head. "You just need to be more careful."

With a final smile Melody picked up the remote pieces and took them to the garbage. She passed Kelsey who was on her way to the living room.

"He broke another one didn't he?" Kelsey asked.

Melody showed Kelsey the destroyed remote.

"Time to yell him again." Kelsey said with a sigh. "I hate being the older sister."

Melody only laughed and continued to the garbage. She could hear Kelsey scolding Brad. She laughed to her self as she went back to her room to work on some more songs.
♠ ♠ ♠
so chapter one! yay! i hope you liked it! : )
comment!!!!

songs used: What Can I Say? Carrie Underwood and Sons of Sylva Trainwreck Demi Lovato