Red Lady

T w e n t y O n e

Eden

For the entire plane ride after stopping the blood flow of my room, I slept. It was quite a long ride, but I deserved the nap. I had been in pain and had been in pain for most of the day. I don’t remember what I dreamed, not like it was important, but I wasn’t very pleased when I was woken up by arms picking me up from my sleep. I tried protesting, but I heard Ashton’s voice whisper, “Be still or you’ll hurt yourself.” I didn’t listen to his demand , but I stilled because it felt better staying still. Ashton wouldn’t have thought of it that way.

I opened my eyes, and the lights in La Chaux-de-Fonds greeted me, making me narrow my blue eyes until they adjusted. I didn’t have time to look round at the sights before I was set gently inside another damn car. I was getting sick and tired of transportation. I wanted to walk somewhere for a chance. Don’t worry about me, I was just complaining because I could.

I was sitting in the middle of two people. Those two being Ashton, an obvious after feeling him getting in after me, and Avian, who was not driving for once. He took my hand, squeezing it in his own comfortingly. I smiled over at him, his actions reminding me of times I had held his hand when he was scared or anxious.

“You two are pretty close, eh?” the blond man asked, looking at the two of us. I turned my head in his direction to answer his question, but was beaten by Avian.

“She pretty much took care of me after she was eighteen and was my best friend for the short times she had lived with me. We’re more than just close.”

I looked at him and felt a deep ache in my heart at the passionate expression in his eyes. I stroked his hand, and the gentle smile came back on his face.

“To the hospital, right?” the man who was driving asked, and I whipped my head to the front.

“Hospital, hell no!” I exclaimed, a frown instantly on my face.

“We’re just going to get you checked out, calm down,” Irene said from behind me, “Besides, your arm isn’t the only reason that we’re going there?”

“Oh, and what else is there?”

“Jean is there.”

My face was blank for a moment as I processed the information. Jean, the teacher that I thought I would have had to search high and low for days for, was in the hospital right now. The one that we were on our way too.

I was feeling two things at this point. One, excited and happy that I wouldn’t have to waste my time searching. Second, I was suspicious about how easy he had been to find.

“He is being protected by guards, surrounding and suffocating him actually.”

A catch, there was always a catch.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is seriously short, but I thought I should update. Everyone welcome Ashton to the team! I love him. Avian and Ashton are my favorites.

Anyway, enjoy.

_Comment_