Red Lady

T w e n t y S e v e n

Dominic

The flashing lights of the police cars had caused a throbbing in the back of my head, a small headache that I knew would in time would turn into a full blow migraine in my skull. So bad I wanted to sleep, to just find a nice quiet place to lie down, close my eyes, and fall into a slumber. It didn't even matter what I laid on as I slept, as long as I could rest my body from this tiring day. Unfortunately I was not allowed that luxury at this moment in time.

I was an FBI agent, someone who always stayed alert and focused at all times, but right now, I was more than that. As of right now, I was an eye witness to a crime, and even more, a piece of evidence since I was covered in blood.

That last thought really should have scared me, make me shiver in the cold night air, but I didn't. I just continued to sit here motionlessly with a throbbing headache. Maybe I was in shock, I truly don't know, but what I did know was that this was not normal. The real Dominic would not have reacted like this. What had happened to me?

"Ramirez."

Hearing my name being used by a familiar, gravel like voice caught my attention, making me turn my head in the direction it came from. Myers was stalking towards me, his face in its cop blank face on and looking more serious than I had ever seen him before. When he finally reached me his stern eyes scanned over my body, looking at the "damage" before he looked in my eyes.

"What went down here? And why is the SWAT woman dead?"

I shook my head at that question, the exact moment of the shooting coming to my mind. The instant Eden's bullet went straight through the woman's throat and coating me in blood. "She wasn't SWAT; she was an assassin."

"What?"

"We had a run in with Eden, as I am sure you have guessed, and she spotted it. Said that the woman had almost fooled her and called her out. She happened to be an assassin that Jocasta had hired to take Eden out. Well, she was an assassin."

Myers glanced over in the direction of the crime scene, the one that I wasn't sure that he had seen yet, and just stared at it for a moment. I wasn't really sure if he could see the crime scene from here, but he turned back to me.

"Dominic, I don't want to ask this, but you know I have to. Who exactly killed the assassin?"

It seemed like a simple enough question, anyone could easily answer it, but it was important to this situation. Eden was the person that the FBI was after, the murderer to every crime we had been chasing. If it turned out that someone else had killed this woman this brutally, it could give doubt to the woman's court case. And more importantly, Myers was asking one other question.

Were you the one that killed her?

Yes, she had been threatening my life, I told the first officer on call what had went down, and I am sure that Myers heard it. The situation had been tense, and me knowing that she was working for Jocasta, the woman who kidnapped my sister, might have been enough initiative to push me over the edge.

"I saw with my own eyes as the Red Lady shot one single bullet into the victim's neck."

Myer's shoulders relaxed at that, having taken my word to heart, and nodded his head. "As soon as someone comes to collect the evidence off of you, you can rest. But we will be heading out of here soon. We need to catch up to the Red Lady."

--------------

Eden

"You know darlin', if you keep chewing on your bottom lip like that, it ain't gonna be pretty anymore."

My blue eyes darted over to the blond, who had snuck a seat right across from me. He had an amused smile on his face, like he usually did, and his head was being cradled in his hand.

"You're never going to stop calling me that, are you?"

Ashton chuckled at that and shook his head, his eyes sparkling in amusement. I wanted to smile at that, at the fact that someone could find that much happiness around me, but I kept the grin to myself. "Don't plan on it darlin'. What's got your mind so preoccupied?"

"Just thinking about the next couple hits I have to do."

"How many more do we have to do?"

"We?" I mocked, laughing at the same time.

"Alright, fine, you; how many more do you have to kill?"

As soon as he turned serious, I let my eyes look back out to the night sky as we flew in the plane. "Too many. It would be a miracle if they were all grouped together so I could kill them all at once."

"Killin' ain't easy sweetheart. I'm surprised you've gotten this far with only that bullet wound as compensation."

I glanced down at the gaze covered part of my arm and nodded. "Truthfully, I am too. It just makes me more secure in my feelings on how it is going to go down in the end."

"And what is that?" Ashton asked, sweeping some hair from his face and staring at me so intently that I just wanted to turn away. But I didn't.

"That I'm just going to die in the end."

The Southern man nodded his head, and leaned back into his seat and didn't say anything, just stared at me. It was kind of unnerving, the way his eyes just burned into my head and made me want to squirm. I guess this was the exact affect I had on other people.

"You're not going to say anything against that?" I questioned, giving the man my full attention.

"What did you expect me to say?"

"Avian is always telling me that that's not how it's going to end, that I'll just escape like I usually do. That, or he tells me not to think about it."

"Look hun, death is something that isn't ever really planned. People never really know when they are going to die, it sneaks up on them. You're putting yourself in death's way," he responded, "so the chance of dying is higher. It's not impossible for you to die by the end of this."

Normally, someone would have argued with them, saying that they couldn't die, or that he was being inconsiderate for saying what he just had. But me? It was nice to hear the truth for once. I smiled at Ashton.

"Here's to hoping that we're wrong."
♠ ♠ ♠
Spring break everyone. Few. I'll try to update as much as I can, because when i get back to school, there will be no time.