Abducted

Chapter V

Bridget

Iggy. I like that. He was a charmer, that’s for sure. His relatively short but shaggy hair fell above his brows. The jet black colour only enhances his sea green eyes. He looked almost like royalty with his Greek appeal; it got me wondering exactly where he was from and how old he actually was. But one thing was for sure, he was one who doesn’t belong. Not in the society, not here either.

Then just as I was about to drown in my train of thoughts, I heard footsteps approaching from almost twenty feet away. I could tell that he caught it too, because when he perked up, his brows were knitted towards each other. As it approached nearer, he grew more cautious and I could almost see him taking whoever it was down, without hesitation.

It all happened so fast, and before I knew it, he dashed straight ahead and reflexively, I followed right behind his heels. However, the second I recognised the owner- or in this case owners- of the footsteps, Iggy was already slithering pass them and holding one of them by the neck under his arm. He then pulled the man back, away from the rest. But it happened so fast and before I could find my voice to call him to stop, Tail, the man who so happen to be one of my guards, jabbed him in the abdomen with his elbow. The impact was deafening and instantly, Iggy’s grip on him loosens. I was still too late, because when I ordered for Tail to stop, Iggy had already been slammed down onto the ground.

“Miss, are you alright?” Another one of my guards, Russell came up to me, and asked.

Ignoring him completely, I push pass the men, and stride in big steps towards Tail. With so much spite and disbelief, I decided it was the best to tend to Iggy before anything else. I shoved him aside, just to see that Iggy was wincing on the ground, his navy blue pullover stench with blood.

“Shit.”

“Miss, what’s wrong? Your mother and father are turning the place around. It’s best you get back now.” Tail approached me, and said, completely ignorant about the man he just clobbered.

“What’s wrong? How can you simply ask me what’s wrong?” I screamed at him in disbelief, as I crouched down to Iggy, “this is what’s wrong! You were out to kill him! We got to get him back to the house!”

“Miss, who is he?”

“Just help me get him up and back!” I yelled, almost desperate as I tried to tug at him, only to find out that he was as heavy as a dead weight.

“But Miss, he may be-” He started.

“Just help me get him back will you? Can’t you see he’s hurt?” As I ordered, it hit me like a rock, that Iggy was hurt. Sure I was concern, but more than that, it baffled me. Vampires don’t get hurt, at least not simply by a nudge and slam. For goodness sake, not only was he bruised, but he was also bleeding.

“Miss, he is a vampire, right?” Tail, who seemed to be puzzled over the same thing as me, questioned. “Are you sure he’s safe?”

“Which part of just help me get him back, don’t you get?” I said through my gritted teeth.

“But-”

“It’s my call now, so stop questioning and do as I say.” I stared at him straight faced, letting him know that there was no longer room for discussions.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I'm back! With a new chapter! I know the updates are slow, but I wanted to develop it properly. Hope you guys like it. I'm getting very low response for this story, and it's disheartening. So hopefully, there'll be more readers, subscribers and comments this time!

XOXO, Sara