‹ Prequel: Guilty Pleasures
Status: Complete

An Old Beginning

Chapter 12

Naomi was frantically trying to get Billie out of the house before Michael woke up from his nap. Or more importantly, before Gerard arrived.

“Naomi, if he’s coming over, I want to be here. I think I have the right.”

“Billie, he’s meeting his son for the first time. I don’t think we need to add to the situation by having my boyfriend here. Now, please just let me do what I think is best.”

“I’ll give you an hour.”

“Bille! Are you really going to stand there and give me a time limit?” she asked through clenched teeth.

Billie stared at Naomi as she stood in front of him, seething with anger. He knew that if he persisted with the conversation, then he would be
overstepping some very serious bounds. Ultimately, he realized it wasn’t worth it. “Fine,” he muttered, acting like a sullen little boy. “I’ll have my cell phone on, and I want you to call me the second he leaves.”

Naomi arched an eyebrow in his direction but finally relented. As long as Billie wasn’t there when Gerard arrived, she didn’t care what happened after Gerard left. “Okay,” she agreed. “But I need you to leave now,” she said, turning to pick up some toys that were scattered on the ground.

“You’re in a rush to get me out of the house,” Billie said skeptically.

Naomi sighed, rolling her eyes as she turned to face him again. “What exactly are you insinuating, Billie?” Naomi asked, crossing her arms over her chest as she glared at him.

Billie realized he better do some damage control before things got too out of hand. Taking a step toward her, he put his hands on her shoulders. “I’m sorry,” he said softly. “I just get so worried that I’m going to lose you.”

“But you knew,” she said softly. “You knew when we got together that I had a baby and that Mikey had a father.”

“I didn’t know he would be involved, though,” Billie said quietly, trying to make her see his point of view.

“It was always a possibility. And today, it’s turned into a reality. You’re going to have to make some decisions if it bothers you too much…if you think you can’t get past it.”

“I’ll call you later,” he said, leaving a soft kiss on her lips.

Naomi pulled away before he had a chance to deepen it, turning away and walking with him to the door. “Bye, Billie.”

---------
Please read my new journal. It's very important to me. And I hope it will be of interest to my readers =)