‹ Prequel: Guilty Pleasures
Status: Complete

An Old Beginning

Chapter 2

Naomi sat in The Pub for over an hour, helping Jo plan her impending wedding. She and Pete were tying the knot the following week, and Naomi was the obvious choice for Maid of Honor.

Pete joined in the conversation when he could, but the bar was busier than normal that night, and he was the only bartender assigned to the shift.

“So when do I get to see your dress?” Naomi asked excitedly when Pete was out of earshot.

“Soon,” Jo said with an excited hop in her seat. “I have to go for the final alterations in the morning. You can go with me if you want to.”

“Great!” Naomi said, almost as thrilled as her friend was. “I’m so happy for both of you,” she said with a soft smile. “You two belong together.”

“Thank you for being here, Naenae,” Jo said, squeezing her friend’s hand. “It means a lot to me that you would come back to town considering…Gerard.”

“It’s okay, Jord-“

“No,” Jo said, frantically shaking her head. “Gerard's here…right now.”

Naomi felt her chest tighten as she turned around, looking at a man she hadn’t seen in over two years. He wasn’t looking her way, and Naomi took a long moment to just stare at him. He was standing with another man, searching the crowded bar for a table. Naomi saw his eyes drifting toward her and quickly spun around, not wanting him to see her.
She felt the familiar tingle that ran through her body whenever he looked at her but shrugged it off as Jo gave her a sympathetic smile.

“Are you okay?” she asked softly.

“Does he come here a lot?” Naomi asked.

“Not much,” Jo replied. “He’s not exactly on Petey's ‘favorites’ list, so the two of them tend to stay away from each other, but I have seen him in here every now and then. Are you okay?” she repeated.

“Yeah,” Naomi said with a soft smile as her mind flashed back to the past..

---------
Thanks for all your comments. I hope my big rambling rant, cleared some things up =)