‹ Prequel: Guilty Pleasures
Status: Complete

An Old Beginning

Chapter 36

Pulling away after a moment, Gerard's hands drifted down her arms to clasp both of her hands in his. “What about the job?”

”Come with me,” Naomi whispered, looking deep into his eyes.

“What?”

“Come with me,” she repeated. “All three of us…we can be a family, Gee…the way we were meant to be.

“That’s why you’re back?” Gerard asked, holding his breath as he waited for her answer.

“You’re why I’m back…I couldn’t leave again without you. Let’s make a fresh start…if that’s what you want.”

Gerard breathed a sigh of relief, resting his forehead against hers. “I’ve never wanted anything more.

He slowly brought her hand up to his lips. He paused seconds before it reached his lips, staring at the diamond band on her right hand.

“You still have it,” he murmured, looking at the eternity band.

“Of course I still have it,” she said with a smile.

“I just thought…since I didn’t keep that promise…”

“What promise?” Naomi asked, her brow furrowed as she looked at him.

Gerard raised his eyes to hers. “Being with you for eternity.”

Naomi's eyes widened. “You knew? You knew all this time what it meant?”

“Of course I knew,” Gerard replied, his arms wrapping around her waist to pull her closer. “You think I would get you something like that and not know what it meant?”

Naomi stared at him in amazement. “You’re going to keep the promise now, right?” she asked with a smile.

“As soon as we put it on the other hand and make it official.”

Naomi felt her heart flip in her chest as Gerard pressed his lips to hers,
pulling her as close to him as possible.

Pulling away, Gerard looked into her eyes. “Can we make this work?” he whispered.

Naomi smiled, letting her hand trace along the strong muscles in his arms. “What do you think, Mr. Way?”

“I think we’ve waited long enough, Miss Hackett,” he whispered, a smile lighting up his features, before their lips met in another kiss.

* * * * *

It didn’t start with lust. Contrary to what most people would expect, the passion
didn’t come until later, although the attraction was always there. The longing,
the excitement, the fixation- they were all side effects of what was really happening.
Of what was boiling below the surface…their love for each other.


--------
*Sobs* Oh gosh! That's it.. it's finished. I'm.. Devastated.. I miss it now..