‹ Prequel: Guilty Pleasures
Status: Complete

An Old Beginning

Chapter 5

“Naomi!”

Naomi stopped walking, swallowing the lump in her throat as she turned to face him. “Gerard,” she said in casual greeting.

Gerard stared at her for a long moment, not believing that it was really her.

“Well, if you’re done staring, I have to get going,” Naomi said, turning around and walking away.

Gerard chased after her, grabbing her arm and spinning her around. “Listen, sugar, I just wanted to talk to you…to check on you.”

“Check on me?” Naomi asked in disbelief. “It took you long enough. Since when do you care?”

“You know I care,” Gerard said, tightening his hold on her arm as she attempted to walk by him. “I always have.”

“Just not enough,” Naomi replied with a raised eyebrow.

“Nae, I was going to lose my job-”

“Yeah,” Naomi agreed with a nod. “You lost something else instead.”

“I never meant to…I never wanted to hurt you, love.”

Naomi laughed in disdain. “Yeah…you never meant to hurt me. It’s too late, Gerard. You’re too late.”

Gerard watched as she turned her back on him, walking toward her car. “I love you,” he said softly.

Naomi stopped at the admission, fighting the tears in her eyes. “No, you don’t,” she replied with more conviction than she felt.

“You think I haven’t tried not to?” he asked, taking a step closer to her as Naomi turned around to face him.

“Try harder,” she said, repeating the words he had told her so long ago.

---------
Ahhh! It's killing me! I so wanted her to jump into his arms. Make with the love and go play with Mikey =( But noooo. Because that would make the story 'boring' silly brain..