Status: Complete.

You Leave Me Breathless

Okay

[Peyton]

A few days passed, taking us into December. The pressing issue of the moment? Trinity isn’t speaking to Mikey. Big shock, right? Well, we all know how stubborn my sister is, and she’s refusing to back down. All I know is that Mikey insulted her. To be honest, she probably deserved it. I love my sister and all, but her mood swings are making her an unbearable bitch, as opposed to the loveable bitch I’d grown up with. I really hope she gets over it soon.

Today Connor called us into work at midday. So here we are. We were told to dress in casual clothes, no heels, so I know something’s up. Everyone at work knows how volatile Trinity is as the moment, especially with her not speaking to Mikey, so Connor better not have bad news.

“Okay, now that we’re all here, I’ve got an announcement to make,” Connor grinned

Maybe not bad news then! We stood in a semi-circle around our boss. L to R: Drew, me, Trinity, Tori, Kim and Matt. I actually haven’t seen Kim for a week or so now, so it’s nice to see her. She’s such a sweet girl.

“Today the bar is shut,” Connor started

“Why?” Matt blurted

“I was just about to tell you,” Connor said sharply

Matt blushed slightly, making us snigger.

“Anyway, we’re having a band in to play. I’m going to start doing this regularly, on a Friday night, because I want to bring a new atmosphere to the bar. I’ll be keeping the band a surprise for now, but they’re pretty big,”

“Your cousin’s band?” Drew asked

“Yeah, my cousin,” Connor nodded

“Who are they?” I asked curiously

“Can’t remember the name. Totally not my scene though. I don’t like pop-punk bitches,” Drew drawled

Connor rolled his eyes but smiled. Clearly Connor and his cousin are close.

“Basically, we need to rearrange all the tables and chairs, do a massive restock, clear out one of the storage rooms for them to use as a prep room and build a small stage over there,” Connor explained, pointing to the far end of the bar, “Matt, Drew, I’ll need your help with the stage,”

“This band had better be worth it,” Trinity grumbled, tying her hair up into a ponytail

I just nudged her playfully, tying my hair up too.

“Right, we’ll go and buy materials for the stage, you girls start rearranging tables and chairs,” Connor ordered, “Tori, you’re in charge, if anyone asks,”

“Aye, captain,” Tori grinned

As Connor, Matt and Drew left, I turned and smiled at my three companions – only to notice that Tori and Kim had their hands entwined. Oh My Gosh!

“When?” I grinned

Tori and Kim blushed as Trinity grinned too.

“Last week,” Kim said shyly

“What made you change your minds?” Trinity asked

“Kim got mugged and stabbed, that’s why she hasn’t been in work, and I realised that if I lost her, my life wouldn’t be worth living,” Tori said softly

My jaw dropped slightly, even more so as Kim lifted her shirt slightly to reveal a long healing scar on her stomach.

“I’m so sorry. But I’m so happy for you two,” I said warmly

“Ditto,” Trinity nodded

“Thanks,” Kim blushed

*

[Trinity]

It was about two hours later now, and the stage was almost built. Peyton and I have been rearranging the chairs and tables, and we’re pretty much done too. It’s hard work, I tell you now. Then the front door opened, and I paled when I saw Mikey walk in. Connor lifted his head sharply, but smiled when he saw who it was.

“Go on your break, Trinity,” Connor ordered

“But...”

“Go,” Connor interrupted

I sighed but nodded, walking over to my boyfriend. He took my hand and guided me out of the bar, waiting till we were sitting on a nearby bench to look at me.

“I am sorry, Trinity. I really am,” Mikey said softly

I let out a frustrated sigh.

“What you said hurt,” I said bluntly

“I know, and I wish I could take it back. I was such an ass, and you didn’t deserve it,” Mikey whimpered

I stared at him. I knew I should forgive him because he hadn’t really done much wrong, but there was still my stubborn streak. The pain in his eyes told me what to do.

“No, I did deserve it. All I’ve done is bitch and moan, and you don’t deserve any of the shit I’ve given you. Hell, if I were you, I would’ve chucked me ages ago,” I muttered

“I love you, Trin, that’s why I put up with the shit,” Mikey smiled

I sighed, shaking my head.

“You’re too good for me, Mikey,” I murmured

“It’s you that’s out of my league, Trin,” Mikey chuckled

I looked up at him, really looked. The way the winter daylight hit his face made him look so...beautiful. Angelic and beautiful. It was almost sickening, but I loved every bit of it.

“Love you, Mikey,” I said quietly, crawling into his lap

Mikey chuckled and wrapped his arms around me, letting me bury my face into the crook of his neck.

“Love you too, Trinity,” Mikey said warmly

I pressed a kiss to his neck, lifting my head.

“I don’t do this often, so don’t get used to it. Uh, I’m s-sorry for treating you so badly. There, I said it. I’m sorry,” I mumbled

“Apology accepted,” Mikey grinned happily

“Good, coz if you said otherwise, I would’ve kicked your ass,” I threatened playfully

“Sadly enough, I don’t doubt that,” Mikey chuckled

I smiled and licked my bottom lip quickly, before pressing my lips to his in a soft kiss. Mikey moaned softly from missing the contact over the last few days, and slid his tongue into my mouth, gently tracing his tongue against mine. Right now, I didn’t care about anything else but me and Mikey. We were all that mattered. And I hope to dear God that it stays this way.

If only I’d known.

*

The next day, Peyton and I got down to work early, Connor having said he wanted us to meet the band before they played.

“I don’t know what’s so special about this fucking band, seriously,” I grumbled, hugging my jacket closer to my chest over my white tube dress

“Be nice, Trin, one of them is Connor’s cousin remember,” Peyton pointed out

I sighed but nodded, pushing open the back door to the bar. Peyton took her long black coat off, revealing her purple lycra halterneck top and black denim skirt. We walked out the front of the bar, seeing everyone else already there.

“They’ll be here any minute now,” Connor grinned, bouncing on his heels

“Hyper much?” I snorted, earning laughter

Then Connor’s phone started to ring and he grinned.

“You here? Yeah, just come through the front door. Uh huh. Awesome! See you soon!”

Connor ended the call and shoved the phone back in his pocket. I forced a smile on my face as the door opened, but almost fell over when I saw who walked in. No fucking way. Seriously, no fucking way. What the fuck is going on!! The four familiar men stopped frozen when they saw us, as shocked as we were.

“T-bag?” Jack whispered
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...

Comments are highly appreciated! thanks to all that commented on the last chapter =]
xo